Closed Beta Prize?

Options
ayumii21
ayumii21 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Chronicles
Will the people that participate in the Closed beta gain a Prize after Closed Beta is finished and Open Beta starts?
Post edited by ayumii21 on

Comments

• bunny
    bunny Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm not sure... maybe. =) Usually closed beta testers get something...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I remember in another game, closed beta participants got a special fashion item (a cloak). The design was never used on anything else, so it was kind of neat to own.

So those closed beta players had something in return for their help, but it did nothing more than beign a fashion item to wear. No stats bonus or anything else like that on it. So they did not got any advantages out of it. And it was untradable, so it could not even be sold for money.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • bunny
    edited July 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    I remember in another game, closed beta participants got a special fashion item (a cloak). The design was never used on anything else, so it was kind of neat to own.

So those closed beta players had something in return for their help, but it did nothing more than beign a fashion item to wear. No stats bonus or anything else like that on it. So they did not got any advantages out of it. And it was untradable, so it could not even be sold for money.

Hmm...but still, you had something no one else had. ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Options
    bunny wrote: »
    Hmm...but still, you had something no one else had. ;3

Exactly, and no one could complain since it gave no bonus. :D

People seeing it were like "WOW! Where can I get that cloak? :eek:"
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • bunny
    edited July 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Exactly, and no one could complain since it gave no bonus. :D

People seeing it were like "WOW! Where can I get that cloak? :eek:"

LOL. Be like, "Yeah, I bought it from Macy's. >_____>"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    MY-EN gave out money to accounts that reached certain levels within closed beta, but f'd it up by only doing it on one of their two servers. Made no sense <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunny
    edited July 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »
    MY-EN gave out money to accounts that reached certain levels within closed beta, but f'd it up by only doing it on one of their two servers. Made no sense <_<

I swear, the people at MY-EN are like, high all the time. -_________-;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikkuru
    mikkuru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Would we reeally need any prize? Not that it wouldn't be neat, but we do get to play the game
    before many others. Maybe reward the ones who do most bug reports, etc?
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Options
    mikkuru wrote: »
    Maybe reward the ones who do most bug reports, etc?

I doubt there will be much bugs tro report.

It's not like this is a new game. It's been localized in many other places already, so the game's bugs are already known (forest ruin's cheats for exemple).

I think the closed beta will mostly be used to check text translations, how they fit with the story, the windows and such. And of course to do stress tests on the servers.

• ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    About the only thing to report would be people's thoughts on translations and other differences between versions of PW. *coughCLASSNAMEScough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikkuru
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Amen for the "etc".

Checking the translation would go to "etc". I don't really know, but I do think this game has rather many lines of text anyways.

Also, unless the game text are in their own localization files, stuff can break when changed.
    And please forward me to a as complex game as a MMORPG with no bugs. :)

But yeah, you do have a point. Then again, if less work is done by the testers, less of a reason to reward them, right?
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    A prize would be cool, for sure. 25 cubi would suit me well. The real prize, I think, is testing how strong we can become in a short period of time.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well, when I refered to translations, I was talking about comparing this game's English to PW-MY's Engrish. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Ah, but remember, it won't be called cubi o:. I wonder what our currency will be named.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Yeah. Cubi wasn't exactly creative or cool - not what I would name a currency.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mental
    mental Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    maybe "perfect dollars" ;)
  • shao
    shao Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I would just love to beta without prizes, but having knowledge gained from in the closed beta is invaluable for when it becomes open beta. Being one of the first on a new server is an experience and a half.
    I amar prestar aen,
    han mathon ne nen,
    han mathon ne chae,
    a han noston ned'wilith.

The world is changed,
    I feel it in the water,
    I feel it in the earth,
    I smell it in the air.

Kia Kaha
    S.S.D.D.
  • mikkuru
    edited July 2008
    Options
    shao wrote: »
    I would just love to beta without prizes, but having knowledge gained from in the closed beta is invaluable for when it becomes open beta. Being one of the first on a new server is an experience and a half.
    I must concur with you fully.
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

Id have to agree with you there Shao...just being able to play closed beta would more than enough for me ^^ I think this time I might try being a wf ^^ or go back to being a WR lmao sure as hell aint going to be an EP coz I get bored to quick lol...Im a physical attack type of gamer lol but anyhow if it were a prize well instead of having to rely on "higher levels" to do bosses be able to do it solo or the xp be worth hunting the boss in party mode.
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunny
    edited July 2008
    Options
    mikkuru wrote: »
    i Must Concur With You Fully.

I Concur Fully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikkuru
    edited July 2008
    Options
    bunny wrote: »
    I Concur Fully.

I saw what you did thar, but you made a typo in the supposed quote of my text. ;p
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    +1

The prize will most likely lead to disappointment among those who didn't reach the required level and the closed beta will turn into a "who levels faster"-phase instead of being a test phase as it supposed to be.

And just think about what happens should anything go wrong with the distribution of prizes... :p
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Necro!

:D
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Necro!

can someone ban this noob :|
  • JoeyPoey - Sanctuary
    JoeyPoey - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oh, come on. I did that to spite you.

Live a little. I hate necroing.
    "Who the hell do you think I am?!?"

-Kamina

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeyPoey: Leader of Tengen: The Great Gurren Brigade.

Also, the baddest mutha this side of the Sanctuary server.
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Yes, please.
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Necro!

B&

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Huh?

inb4andracilwithasmartasscommentaboutnecroingthenlock
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Trust me, you do not want to intentionally necro threads.
This discussion has been closed.