Do we get to keep our characters?

joe
joe Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Chronicles
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if we are going to get to keep our characters/accounts after commercial release? Also if item mall is going to be available in the beta.
Post edited by joe on

Comments

• sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You should be prepared for a wipe after Closed Beta.
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • joe
    edited July 2008
    that's cool. ^^
  • c3nzor3d
    c3nzor3d Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hope it ain't like in my-en..the 60+ or something like that kept their characters :s and guess who won most TWs.. it was sad..stupidly sad lol
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    uh... my-en only had an OCB (open-closed beta... so basically an OB)
    so no wonder they didn't wipe... most games do not wipe after OB unless they find major bugs like unlimited gold/exp gain
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackigel
    blackigel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Mostly

Closed Beta: wipe after the CB
    Open Beta: not a wipe after the OB or when many bugs, a big problem a wipe after the Open Beta to stop the problems...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-www.gsy-network.de
  • joe
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for info guys. ^^
  • blackbird
    blackbird Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You never keep any characters in closed beta and closed beta only mean for trying and found out bugs etc. Don't get so exicted to level up if you have play Malaysia PW :)
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Yea most plp tryin to join jus because they want to be one of the strongest in the server i jus want to try it out first and test out classes;)
  • shadowwarrior
    shadowwarrior Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    As it is I am not even sure if I will keep my PW-MY(English) characters, yes I was messing around with just about all of the classes so I have like 6 characters there. It just means I will need to recreate their looks in Int. CB and later once CB is over.

I do not mind starting over from scratch with a character, it can be fun doing things a little different the second time around.

Shadowwarrior
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    closed beta they delete and no think about, but for oracle open beta tey let us keep our stuff
    Xtacy
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Chances are the characters will be wiped when the beta ends to give everyone a fair chance when the game officially goes live.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • oo2
    oo2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    no you don't get to keep your characters in any BETA as it is simply for testing and nothing else
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Yes, we are currently planning to wipe all characters at the end of our beta phase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    thank you for confirming it. ^^
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • disipayed
    disipayed Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thx for the information xD
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Yes, we are currently planning to wipe all characters at the end of our beta phase.

wtf? ur gona delete pur chars?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    no stupid, the thread is for beta, over a year ago >_>
  • Lolas - Heavens Tear
    Lolas - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    sickem tearvalerin

edit.
    LOL tried to beat you here.
  • Thelegion - Lost City
    Thelegion - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    NecroThread... OMG b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    wtf? ur gona delete pur chars?

Well, yes and no. I think it only affects your character.

And than, we have people asking what is wrong about necroing threads........
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Lolas - Heavens Tear
    Lolas - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2009

And than, we have people asking what is wrong about necroing threads........

There is a HUGE difference between necroing a year old thread, that is totally out dated, and pulling back a tread that is a month old, that still has relevant information. For example the supply box thread, that probably should have a sticky anyway.

But I agree with you as far as this tread goes. Make fun of this moron as much as you like ;)
This discussion has been closed.