Any news on drop from new developer team?

Options
ramjot
ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
Anyone have any new about the next code drop from the new developers?
Tagged:

Comments

• hayeas
    hayeas Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Which developer? This does not exist in PWI, there is only one person who presses the server restart button on Tuesday and updates the boutique list during the week. A simple code command that anyone can do
  • ramjot
    Options
    I am under the impression that Gearbox took over the ownership of PWI and so expect some new updates from them.
    Maybe too early to ask.
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    Options
    Gearbox is a publisher just like Arc games/ PWE were. Not likely there's an actual dev team on our version of the game right now. The actual developers of PWI are in China working on their version pwcn.

Either the new publishers haven't agreed to new terms on updates with the devs or we just arent gonna get them.
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Options
    There may be another issue to worry about soon, with the whole tiktok bill here in the USA if it passes in it's current state. Last I saw was that the wording in it does not ban tiktok directly but instead effectively bans any software, hardware, product, or service that's made by or communicates with any country deemed a threat by our government including China and Russia. This would mean that Gearbox being an USA company might have to either take full control of our versions of any foreign games they run, or possibly drop them completely. It could also potentially ban any vpn we might use to access a version hosted outside of the USA that communicates with them, so no accessing european servers so we can continue playing if it does get banned here.
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 65 Arc User
    Options
    I was worried since last year about this possibility. I follow this whole conflict since a while. Is also why I am concerned about no update yet, that it might have to do something with this Taiwan thing.
    But I read that this chinese company has been bought some time in either 2011 or 2014 by nasdaq, some american stock company. Yes this pwcn publisher has been bought by some american stock company, if that wikipedia entry is right. Wanted to know, if this company called perfect world is a government controlled chinese company or a private one. If it is private, it is not so bad, as if it is controlled by the government. What stunns me even more is, that this supposed successor seems to be on the horizon as a chinese game. But just here in the western hemisphere and no word on it in china. I hope, if there is an oncoming conflict, that they go to another office outside of china.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • ramjot
    Options
    I guess its a case of wait and see then.
  • zafra2010#4866
    zafra2010#4866 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ramjot wrote: »
    I guess its a case of wait and see then.

No one on this site could give you a definite answer; and I doubt the so-called 'game support' could either or a forum mod. Most of the playerbase, even the over-a-hundred veterans (who've played this game for over 10 years), don't give an eff and just eat it all up instead of actively catalysing for change. No one's being proactive at all, not even Gearbox. Not much we could do about that (nothing at all). Nowadays, indeed, it's just a 'case of wait and see' in this game. I'm simply looking forward to the day when a PWI mod posts 'PWI is shutting down' and to read all the pleas and complaints of these indifferent veterans and cashers alike, as they crawl out of their shells.
    Post edited by zafra2010#4866 on
  • ohnoohno
    ohnoohno Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    PWI was being ran by a company PWE and it licensed PWI from China. Gearbox bought the company that has been running PWI. Not the game itself, just the company. So as far as development goes, or the people who run the day to day business of PWI there should have been no change.

The one thing that could feasibly change would be overall guidance from the bosses. Yet their job will remain the same, to maximize the profit of the shareholders.
    PWE comprises a team of 237 full time employees, including the team behind the publishing unit. Through the acquisition of PWE, Gearbox Entertainment will onboard PWE Publishing and Cryptic Studios, which will both remain independent within Gearbox Entertainment. This acquisition will strengthen Gearbox Entertainment’s Publishing division.
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    That's very unfortunate, if the team that was handling PWI is still there and the only ones dealing with it with it, with Gearbox taking a hands off approach and just letting them continue to run as they were before. That would mean unless Gearbox themselves steps in to make some drastic changes, we're still in the hands of the same people that don't want to communicate with us and don't seem to care about PWI as a whole unless something critical happens like the servers being completely down or something breaking with the cash shop system. Also probably explains why we haven't seen any indication of possible future major updates since Gearbox bought them, just sales updates and automated events, if they work. Not fully sure how exactly that strengthens Gearbox if they're not even paying attention to what the companies they bought are doing.
  • chantpurser#2378
    chantpurser#2378 Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Even the more than one hundred veterans (who have played this game for more than ten years) don't give a damn and just eat it all up rather than actively catalyzing change among the majority of players. Not even Gearbox is being proactive. There wasn't much (or anything) we could do about that.