Current state of PWI

drebe69#5253
drebe69#5253 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
Another pwi ticket made, and also sent to other parties. Wanted to post it here as well.

Im forwarding this support ticket, ive sent to Arc Games Support, to you guys as well since i want this game to flourish once more, and it really has the content available to do so. With only a little actual care for the players and the game itself. Through the presentation made from arc games is the information about this game also that it has netted 200 million+ dollars. At the same time in other regions as Russia and China the game is BIG because the developers/admins care about the game. When this has been said, alot of players has spent thousands of dollars, and would like to be able to continue playing their characters with joy.

I dont know if this is the right place to be sending this, but i hope i can get some kind of support in forwarding this to the right people so changes can be made, money can be spent, and fun can be had.

Hi boys, girls, men and women. Im writing this ticket and i want it reffered over to the head gms. Im also gonna send this message to Embracer Group together with trying to come in contact with Gearbox, head arc office and at the same time the PW China to hear what youre telling them about hotfixes and bugs.
Youre losing alot of profit and players in your game as it stands currently. The cause of this is that you wont fix bugs, put in missing items and fix ruined content.
You havent paid out XTW rewards since ever, you wont update chronohunt, and you wont implement features made (on both china and russian versions) to aid new players, or old returning players catch up in their pursuit to join pvp or even farming(i can send you screenshots of a few features they have if needed proof). You wont fix arena, so we cant farm our items either.
On top of this the "new" g18 weapon is nowhere near approachable even for "whales"(referred to being the cashers that want to have the best gear and do spent the required money to get anything) to get the weapon. In so make it more approachable with introducing packs with the mats for the weapon in it, or something else equivalent, SO WE CAN GET MORE COINS TO TRADE WITH ALSO. (servers are emptied out because of the implement of silver coins thats untradeable, together with the loss of cashers.)
Im comming to you with these SOLUTIONS: Set the gold prices down or increase the gold amount pr dollar/eur/gbp.
(russian server is 1000 gold = 166 dollars and you can get WAY MORE stuff)
Update the boutique fashion stuff.
Update the coupon and fortune key rewards.
Fix the forges so monkeys r9 can be made and the ultimate dustfall relics can be used.
Fix Chronohunt so g18 cape can be made Fix NR rates (takes 1 full year literally of doing events and quests to get ONE lv8 glyph through gold blade tokens)
Implement the g17 rent npc (new way to get people spend gold)
Implement ways for newcommers/returning players to catch up (there is for example an option to use nw coins to buy EXP and Reputation, free r8 gears+g17r1 wep upon lvling within 30 days etc. On the russian server)
You should make it so nr is a FULLY JOINT CROSS SERVER between ALL SERVERS like xnw is. This will promote an insentive for people to gear up as here would be the possibillty for full scale pvp. (DA+TI one side, TW+ET on the other or some other type of mixmatch)
Implement the farmable keys AGAIN for Twilight Temple Revisited 1 and 2 (people log on for 1-2 hours, this isnt showing a game thats alive, which it very possibly could be)
At this current time in the game people have literally NO insentive to cash, and people are leaving to play private servers to get the full experience of pvp, thats not possible or limited. Your loss of interest, is a sight thats making alot of people dissapointed and sad. MANY people long for the enjoyment of playing the game again, but the "free to play" experience is lost too (you cant even farm r9 gears like you can on russian and china versions and the g17 gear is completely p2w too even though it has a farmable aspect.) Making these type of changes would bring alot more traffic back to the game, as people would get the chance to feel the progression Again.
With these implements you would also see MORE cashing in your game, as these people wont seek out black market trading options for their gear and new chars.
My reasoning for this statement is: GAME IS APPROACHABLE with these changes. (you have made over 200m dollars over the course of this game, and it has way more to give. Stop being stupid about it and make it flourish again. Its a very good game, and its extremely loved by your playerbase. You have the money, you have the abillity, therefore you have the responsibility.)

Edit:
I couldnt ever imagine that a company would let their Chinese and Russian counterparts outdo and destroy them in game management

Comments

• plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    I can completly agree with your argument.

With a little afford they can make more money out of this game and more advertisment for ARC games.
    Just by some simple business model changes. (fixes, more human feelings, etc...)

This game is indeed still very popular over the years.
    Cannot see any reason why someone shoud bleed it to death.
    And there is none rpg game that can replace perfect world. The game is unique!

Have a nice day all!
  • sobat
    sobat Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    At least you killed TW with that full G17 amours I dont do it any more. [other game] is more fun than this money pit.
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    I sent a mail to the head of Embracer Group as well (a few weeks ago) and never heard back. Im not really sure if we can do anything.
  • poomeister#0539
    poomeister#0539 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yes the game is big over there yes indeed..they are the ones that keep it alive(not the cashers over here).Our version,the international version,is just a side gig.They didnt need to throw the game in our direction,but they did and made some side cash,and they just deal with whatever because we are not the priority we are the minority.
  • justagamer#7016
    justagamer#7016 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    kuglepen wrote: »
    I sent a mail to the head of Embracer Group as well (a few weeks ago) and never heard back. Im not really sure if we can do anything.

You really think the head of a huge multi platform multi game co. is going to reply to an email from one rando player from one of its thousands of games being hosted/developed? Thats what customer support is for for weather they are useful or not.
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    kuglepen wrote: »

You really think the head of a huge multi platform multi game co. is going to reply to an email from one rando player from one of its thousands of games being hosted/developed? Thats what customer support is for for weather they are useful or not.

When they posted about obtaining Perfect World they listed two people to contact if there was any further questions about the whole thing, so yeah I guess I kind of expected that they were going to respond if they are a contact person about it..?
  • mahousenshi
    mahousenshi Posts: 25 Arc User
    Seeing that Gearbox bought out PWE has given me a twinge of hope for this game. I still love this game, but I just can't come back to it. I really hope the OP can reach the right people and hopefully they will see the state the game is in and the potential it still has and do something about it. But seeing Forsaken World's servers shutting down has me worried about PWI. We've been saying it's going to be shut down for years now because of the state it's in, but I think it really will happen soon if the GM's, Devs, and Gearbox doesn't make the changes they need to make.
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Wizard: RosesFlame
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    tuesday the 10-05-2022 we was around 45 online that day on etherblade , it does not do it better when those lame developers launch a stupid event in archosaur and kill all catshop , s c r e w commishop that greed place and the event reward aint even tradeable so we is unable to sell it , im not greedy but some can make better use of event reward than others depend on what level we are , did embracer group really bought this dead fish :)
  • burnzbaby
    burnzbaby Posts: 1 Arc User
    the way i see it is if gearbox is going to bite the hand that feeds it then stop feeding it DONT BY GOLD,
  • plushie666
    fededomino wrote: »
    tuesday the 10-05-2022 we was around 45 online that day on etherblade , it does not do it better when those lame developers launch a stupid event in archosaur and kill all catshop , s c r e w commishop that greed place and the event reward aint even tradeable so we is unable to sell it , im not greedy but some can make better use of event reward than others depend on what level we are , did embracer group really bought this dead fish :)

Not all servers are death. Just yours i guess.

They give us an event, so better be happy then getting nothing i think.
    The drops from the wraiths can be sold (war avatar pack C, Dull zenith skulls).
    Maybe try to do the event instead of keeping your precious catshops alive?
    You might enjoy it :) .

I said this before, as long they not going public with the whole embracer group thingy.
    We shoud not be worried about pwi stopping.

But instead enjoy this game and show them why it needs to be kept alive and it need improvements to make it better then before.

Thank you and have a nice day all!
  • forsakenworld#5624
    forsakenworld#5624 Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2022
    We ask for Wanmei and Perfect World China to localize and keep the Forsaken World game for American, European, and Russian players.

Dear Wanmei China and Perfect World,

The game known all over the world as Forsaken World is popular in many countries, including the USA, Europe, and Russia. We learned in December 2021, that the subsidiary of Perfect World Europe, Perfect World Entertainment, was acquired by the Embracer Group. In April 2022, after the acquisition and rebranding to Gearbox Publishing was completed, the game administrators officially announced the shutdown of all Forsaken World servers on November 30, 2022.

We ask that you give all players and fans of the game another chance to plunge into the world of Forsaken World. Transfer existing characters from all servers (Storm Legion, Eyrda, Lionheart, Illyfue, and Tytan), as it was done before, to servers owned and operated by Perfect World Europe.

If this is not possible for technical reasons, then we ask for an allocation of space or a separate server on the Wanmei version of Forsaken World, Shenmo, where we are able to play again.

We have been enjoying this wonderful game for 11 years. In the world of Forsaken World, we fell and rose, just like in real life. Experienced ups and downs. Our characters, our guilds, have grown with our achievements. We went through difficult campaigns, raids, pvp events, etc together. For many, this is not just a game, but also a meeting with true friends online. Here we spent not only time, but also energy, and we also put a piece of our soul into our characters.

Our characters, mounts, and pets, our little world that gave us a sense of comfort and coziness for 11 years, may disappear in a few months. For Russian and Brazilian players, this is the second closure of the server of their favorite game and the second time we are experiencing the terrible end of our magical world now on PWE servers.

We hope that you will help us avoid a terrible event.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    We ask for Wanmei and Perfect World China to localize and keep the Forsaken World game for American, European, and Russian players.

Dear Wanmei China and Perfect World,

The game known all over the world as Forsaken World is popular in many countries, including the USA, Europe, and Russia. We learned in December 2021, that the subsidiary of Perfect World Europe, Perfect World Entertainment, was acquired by the Embracer Group. In April 2022, after the acquisition and rebranding to Gearbox Publishing was completed, the game administrators officially announced the shutdown of all Forsaken World servers on November 30, 2022.

We ask that you give all players and fans of the game another chance to plunge into the world of Forsaken World. Transfer existing characters from all servers (Storm Legion, Eyrda, Lionheart, Illyfue, and Tytan), as it was done before, to servers owned and operated by Perfect World Europe.

If this is not possible for technical reasons, then we ask for an allocation of space or a separate server on the Wanmei version of Forsaken World, Shenmo, where we are able to play again.

We have been enjoying this wonderful game for 11 years. In the world of Forsaken World, we fell and rose, just like in real life. Experienced ups and downs. Our characters, our guilds, have grown with our achievements. We went through difficult campaigns, raids, pvp events, etc together. For many, this is not just a game, but also a meeting with true friends online. Here we spent not only time, but also energy, and we also put a piece of our soul into our characters.

Our characters, mounts, and pets, our little world that gave us a sense of comfort and coziness for 11 years, may disappear in a few months. For Russian and Brazilian players, this is the second closure of the server of their favorite game and the second time we are experiencing the terrible end of our magical world now on PWE servers.

We hope that you will help us avoid a terrible event.

Hi, just letting you know staff generally don't read the forums here so your post will likely not be seen. Please don't use PWI forums for Forsaken World - I get it's upsetting that FW is shutting down, but this is not the place to petition for the game to stay open.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • gunnersessho#4834
    gunnersessho#4834 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hey man,

I did a much more detailed post about this a couple months back. Nobody cared in the dev team, not even a little. A few facts here for ya though:

1. When addressing managment that doesnt play, Northern Realms (NR) Dragons conquest ( DC/xTW) spell it out, they have no clue what we name them.
    2. Enhancer purchased PWE not PWI, they give 2 f*cks less about this game, they bought it for neverwinter and forsakenworld. PWI's last few dimes was just a faster ROI time.
    3. To my knowledge there is NO r9r1 farmable method on PWCN, they just get to farm what we call r9r4(boundless) via NW vs WS.
    4. It's been 7 months since the monkey came out, they forgot the damn things even exist.
    5. This game is officially more dead than Elvis, start finding a new one while you still somewhat enjoy this one, becuase i promise you, it wont be alive in a year from now. Not without an act of GOD himself to save this **** show.

• antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User

2. Enhancer purchased PWE not PWI, they give 2 f*cks less about this game, they bought it for neverwinter and forsakenworld. PWI's last few

You mean neverwinter and star trek. They are closing forsaken world.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I would like to hope PWI is in a better place.

Tho we can defo raise a few issues. Will get a players questions setup in the next week or 2.

Thanks.
  • lynx300
    lynx300 Posts: 5 Arc User
    probably this event was a test of embracer group to see if the activity on pwi is worth it and they same as us was bad dissapointed we didnt even gget to half the way

i think its better they just shut down perfect world international as its only a money loss by these few remainning players and rather invest money on there new upcomming products instead as planned to release more MMO in this and next year

pwi is just glitchy its old its not good looking
    terrible sounds, terrible graphic terrible mouse clicker gameplay even freezes all the time destroys our gpu, pauses and mutes in background etc etc there is only down sides to the pwi players despite they are addicted to play and wont admit it but rather offend anyone who is not happy here anymore

and say "then leave game" is even the worse because that kils the game only more
    they should listen and spend the money to fix all the wrongs in this game not makes leave who feels not good here anymore fix the bugs fix the graphic improve the sounds stop muting game in background let us happy tab in and out without game loose focus

if its to much work for u guys just shut down pwi and spend the money on better products
  • mahousenshi
    mahousenshi Posts: 25 Arc User
    At least if they shut the game down, I know it will live on in other ways, even if those ways aren't ideal. Some of my happiest memories are from PWI and it just kills me to see it like this. I grew up with PWI, started playing in high school and only stopped when I became a mother and had less time for it. It's sad that it's dying like this. There are other games out there just as old as PWI or even older that are thriving, and it's because those companies care about those games and update them with good updates, have active GMs, do events, and just make people want to play them. The reason PWI is dying is because PWE/Gearbox and PWCN just don't care about it anymore. PWCN cares only about their version of the game, not ours. There isn't anything we can do to make them want to care about the game. You can't make someone care about something, that's just the way it is. Not buying zen isn't going to help, that will make the game die faster. Not playing won't help, that will make it die faster too. Buying zen will only encourage them to milk us more. The game is dying, slowly but surely. We can speak up as much as we want, but if they're turning deaf ears to us, nothing will change. Do what you want, enjoy this game until it dies, or give up on it and play a private server or a different game. After all these years, it looks like there isn't anything we can do.
    Etherblade:
    Lvl101 RB2 Wizard: RosesFlame
    Lvl101 RB2 Venomancer: Kawari (originally named SailorRocket, very first toon in PWI)

• howardellis#5710
    howardellis#5710 Posts: 1 New User
    I also received some comments from many people but they basically did not care about this. I switched to another game instead.
    io games
  • shikechohatsu#0586
    shikechohatsu#0586 Posts: 3 Arc User
    For any new player wondering, No. The game isn't worth playing for the player base alone. Yes, the average account still here has probably been here for 10 years plus. Despite what it may tell you to contradict it. Like mentioned previously, One account uses 20 different ones to log in. So if it's 200 players surrounding you, that's only like 20 people in reality. If going by that logic, In the current state, it's probably about 250, give or take people across all servers combined. Not each, But combined game total.

Secondly, the already small playerbase is stuck in the early 2000s. They've already made their life long friends, their silly husbands or wives in game already. They don't take too kindly to new players. If you think someone's gonna just randomly speak to you, or buff you outta the blue, or reply to a question, then don't. These career-long players already have an established circle in a faction and they will NOT let you in. They don't seem to know, or care that without new players, the game declines.

Third, also mentioned above, you could spend 5 grand on a AAA quality-like MMO and enjoy incredible PVP action. Why would you want to ever spend 10 grand plus to be entry level-end-game just to still get one shotted and tossed aside like trash from those life-long players? Also, your money doesn't really come into play until your Pot is on cooldown. Every single player, no matter the role, uses something called an invincibility potion, that makes you immune to damage for a bit. PVP comes down to who uses the pot first because the second one will usually have the CD advantage. So just imagine, seeing the same yellow glow buff activated 100 times each in a fight between two people. That's PVP.

The classes are extremely unbalanced. The usual stuff. The gameplay itself is tab targeting, an ancient method right? But guess what, the devs can't make up their minds. So while you may choose a class that's rooted to the ground, there's some that can move freely. And of course they're spamming their invincible pots. lol
  • ohnoohno
    ohnoohno Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    edit
  • plushie666
    ohnoohno wrote: »
    edit

troll somewhere else