Black Screen after I press "Play" on the launcher.

happyangel16
happyangel16 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2022 in Support Desk
Hello! It's my first time making a post/asking a question, so I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

Here are my laptop's specifications (in case anyone needs them):

u5p5dhumanpy.png

I used to play PWI a few years back and I really enjoyed it. I wanted to try playing again but I've been having some problems. As soon as I press play on the launcher, there's a message about it being in "64 bit" and then my screen loses resolution per say (like its 800 x 600) and goes black. And when I check the Task Manager it always says that the Element Client is not responding. I close down all other programs and Microsoft Edge browsers whenever I launch it, so I don't know why it's not responding. Here's some screenshots:

e9bm6obqhrvh.png
gml2iwwedl1c.png
5gq408h8ipps.png

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is related but whenever I try to "Verify" the launcher this Runtime Error also pops up:

9tdg225idoon.png

If I update or repair the launcher, I don't get an error:

8pajd2244m9s.png

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game 3 times already, so I don't think that's the solution/problem lol. But I'm no tech wiz so I could be wrong.

Best Answer

• gukibl#4031
    gukibl#4031 Posts: 30 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Not sure if you already solved this but I would probably look at "Firewall & Network protection" in Windows 10 Home. There is an option named "Allow an app through firewall". According to the screenshot of the black image it looks that elementclient (both 32 and 64-bit) is blocked. Same goes for patcher.exe.

Answers

• azkerqwe#5578
    azkerqwe#5578 Posts: 1 New User
    Guys because i cant do myself a post i will post it here and if you can support me i will be very glad i tried everything on the internet, nothing seems to work out