Runtime Error

vyzt#2309
vyzt#2309 Posts: 12 Arc User
just got a new pc and decided to install and play pwi again after a long break

i was successful on installing the game but i always verify the game whenever i install in other pc and so far i havent encounter any problem, until now, where almost halfway thru the verification bar, i get a runtime error

i tried doing several things and nothing have worked so far:
1. uninstalling and reinstalling
2. getting the latest microsoft visual c++ all the way to the oldest supported one
3. installed directx 9 to 11

when i tried logging into the game and making a new toon, aside from the hair, eyeball, gums, and the teeth, the whole head is invisible but good thing i have some ini files i often use when playing pservers

anyways, is it safe to play pwi even without verifying the client?
i dont want to experience crashes while im in the middle of something

aside from the invisible face, what other issue should i expect from not verifying my client?

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Odd! No answer from other PWI-players.... seems the forum died :D
    anyways, is it safe to play pwi even without verifying the client?
    Yes, there is no need to verify if you can play PWI. The verification-procedure is only needed if files are missing or altered via other software
    i dont want to experience crashes while im in the middle of something
    Welcome to PWI! Crashes will happen. Most of the time you just can restart the client but sometimes you will get a message you're still logged in and you have to wait for many minutes. :) I used to have it while left-clicking too much- like 2 times- in my Homestead.
    aside from the invisible face, what other issue should i expect from not verifying my client?
    Personally I would check my GFX-card or use a virtual computer, using Windows10, to test if the "invisible face" is visible again. If it's visible then you can be sure it's the GPU that's causing the problem. Yes, PWI is playable using a virtual computer however the game can crash if there are too much other players around. So use it for testing only.