Returning to PWI - FAQ - 03/23/20

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Firstly... WELCOME BACK!

In this post I hope to cover questions that get asked by returning players and give some tips and pointers from players and my self.

Got a Question you Think should be in the FAQ. Ask in this thread and ill add it and relevant answers that come in from players!

Contained In this Thread.
  1. I can't remember my login info for an old character what can I do?
  2. I had an old Character I can't find it any more. Have PWE/PWI deleted any characters?
  3. I can't remember my Gear / Bank / Auction House Password what can I do?
  4. I want to start another character which server is the best one to choose?

Thanks.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    edited March 2020
    1. I can't remember my login info for an old character what can I do?

If you know your Username and have access to the e-mail account linked to that account. You can simply reset your password. This can be done by clicking the button at the bottom of the Arc client. You should then be able to log in as normal.

If you cant remember your Username or E-Mail linked to that account. Your need to e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com with the subject line for the reason of contact. Include any details you can remember about the account such as Character names, Classes ETC as much as you can remember. PWE Support will respond as soon as they can to assist with this.

2. I had an old Character I can't find it any more. Have PWE/PWI deleted any characters?

We are not aware of any time PWI has deleted any accounts or characters. In the past we have had a server merge. More info on this can be found Here (Server Merge Info)
    obielle wrote: »
    An easy way to check for characters is by redeeming an Arc code. You can do this in the Arc client by going to Library on the left-side, clicking PWI, and then clicking the Redeem Code link. Below are two codes that are re-usable. Once you use one of those, it'll list all servers that you have characters on, as well as the characters themselves.
    • 0N3OeVPo
    • kF3S8zKE
    If you still can't find any characters after that, you will have to send a support ticket. You can do that here: https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3. I can't remember my Gear / Bank / Auction House Password what can I do?

Please check out this link to the Support Site to resolve this issue.
    https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017777833-Resetting-your-bank-gear-auction-house-trading-or-safety-password-in-PWI

4. I want to start another character which server is the best one to choose?

The Below Quote from the PWI Wiki is a really good starting point with this question.
    When choosing a server you should consider the one with:

Lowest ping time.
    Time zone: East, West, or European.

Ping time is the overall time it takes for data to travel from your computer to the server and back to your computer. Servers that are closer to your location will have lower ping times than those further away, but ping time can vary. For best results, make sure you aren't using much of your bandwidth while playing.
    ​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • heerohex#3018
    Reserved for Extended FAQ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Reserved for Extended FAQ​​
  • kylexy31#9602
    kylexy31#9602 Posts: 1 New User
    i have having an issue logging in the server. I always got disconnected. Please help.
  • moonchild#7709
    moonchild#7709 Posts: 14 Arc User
    I have advice DONT COME BACK TO THIS GAME. THE GM HAVE LEFT US HIGH AND DRY AND WE ARE TO FEND FOR OURSELVES UNTILL THE SERVERS DIE!!!!!!!!
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Ya the advice for newcomers and old players returning is just runaway. GM's don't care and it might be gone soon :open_mouth:
    Post edited by lax on
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Well, old treath but the last 2 comments are a bit negative when it comes to new and/or returning players. There is no need to have a GM around if you do (some) quests.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I started playing perfect world again on 18/01/2020 from scratch.
    Lots have changed in 10years.
    My advice for new people is to enjoy and take your time with this game.
    You can meet lots of friendly people on the servers, and there are lots of cool events trough the year.

My feeling in the begining was, this is gonna take forever to get a strong char.
    But thats not true, it goes really fast and you dont even have to put money in.

But if you do put money in, you can get really fast to the top of the game.
    With spend and charge rewards or other events, you dont got to spend alot and the game will last forever.

Happy newyear to all!

And special thanks to the pwi(ARC) team for all the years u still hosting perfect world.
    No regrets of restarting it, in fact i love the game more and more each day.

Love and peace :)

• myelene#1434
    myelene#1434 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    i cant log in into the game for some reason the game just never connects any idea why? my aacount still sonnects to arc so my account was not deleted, it just says "Loggin into the game, please wait" then after like a minute or two it says "disconected from server, please log in in again."

ok i manage to log in the trick was to get the info in the log in screen then check the remember me box then exit the client and re estart the client the next time the client will log in but if i get disconected for any reason i need to re estart the client,

i got in the game but dont know what to do my bank is full and my bag is also full with untadeable stuff i can drop XD so i go grind but cant pick anythiung because my bag is full XD ...
    Post edited by myelene#1434 on
  • mikanmist
    mikanmist Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello. Im return game after long time. I have problem about Millennium War questline. They say for Mw quest i need done First Contact quest but i cant find that quest. For that quest need done Neverfall Map quest and i done it but still not see first contact. I dont remember what quest i did Last when i leave game and when i back i delete some quest without check. If anyone have any idea what i do wrong pls help.
  • monkey905#9955
    monkey905#9955 Posts: 12 Arc User
    @mikanmist Just check your book on what progress you had. The book im refering to is "Perfect World Anecdote". You can find it in the bottom right corner. Click Quests, that will give you 6 more options and then the book Perfect World Anecdote. When you open the book you get 7 different options. The quests you are looking for is under "Western Continent".

Hope this was helpful to your question :)
  • mikanmist
    I already chec al that stuf. They say First Contact will avaible after reaching the Western Continent on the Dream Seeker. Where is Dream Seeker and how i can go on them??
  • ladyricana
    ladyricana Posts: 20 Arc User
    mikanmist wrote: »
    I already chec al that stuf. They say First Contact will avaible after reaching the Western Continent on the Dream Seeker. Where is Dream Seeker and how i can go on them??

Dream Seeker is in the docks of dream weaver port. You get the ticket from it from "The ying yang key"-Quest at Elder of Thousand streams. It will launch a Quest line that you need to follow through to receive the ticket for the dream seeker. This quest has a prequest which is named "The light returns" or something similar which is also at the elder of thousand streams, if you don't find the quest with the ying yang key.

In case if you have done the quest, head to port dreamweaver and go to the ship and try to click on it. This brings up a menu where you can select a seat. Once you selected a seat, you will be teleported on the ship and you need to wait until the ship leaves. If you fall into the sea of reality once you reach the border, then you need to do the quest i described above.
  • mikanmist
    Thank you so much for help. I finally get quest 😊😊😊
  • foxxeh4#2732
    foxxeh4#2732 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thanks!
  • meadowlark#6874
    meadowlark#6874 Posts: 2 Arc User
    hello i am a returning player i have a question, why can't i see my gear on my character anymore before one of the best parts of the game was the gear and how beautiful and different each one was but now i can't see my gear being displayed on my character anymore and i can no longer change the ears and tail like before what happened?
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    hello i am a returning player i have a question, why can't i see my gear on my character anymore before one of the best parts of the game was the gear and how beautiful and different each one was but now i can't see my gear being displayed on my character anymore and i can no longer change the ears and tail like before what happened?

Ears and tail sounds like venomancer. Those got so called HD models. If you want to use the old models, just turn the HD mode in the system settings off.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png