PWI most likely to shut down soon

choasdriver
choasdriver Posts: 68 Arc User
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Perfect world will almost surly be shutting down soon after forsaken world does. Gearbox is getting rid of all chinese titles they just havnt said so completely. This is why we havnt gotten our update yet nor will we. They dont want to tell us yet because they will be overloaded with refunds so they gonna wait till after forsaken refunds have been dispursed. https://mmos.com/news/forsaken-world-is-shutting-down-on-november-30-2022 (read the very last comment on this page)
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• ladyricana
    ladyricana Posts: 20 Arc User
    30. April was the date of that post on that MMO-site, very old and also not official. On 4th May this game had announcement of Archosaur Warsong Event. It even got integrated on their website. Sure it is not top priority, yet still supported. If they really wanted to close it, they would stop doing promos with it, like they have done with forsaken world. Last newspost of forsaken world was before valentines day and right after that, was nothing until the closure post. No promos, no spend rewards, nothing. They didn't even put forsaken world on their website. This facts alone tell me, that they still have plans for this game. The only point where I have doubts is the lack of an official community manager in this forum.

I know a lot of people that are spending or charging to make ingame coin, prefered through charge spend promos. I read often the accuse, that they want to milk money out of people, to allocate the refunds into another game. That doesn't make much sense to me. The people that was playing Perfect World most likely won't go to Neverwinter, because they said so. They permanently lose those customers, because they came for Perfect World, not for Neverwinter.

I don't see why they shouldn't have an old milestone game up and running, which generates some profit on it's own. It is unique in it's way. There is no other game that has animal races that can turn into a tanky tiger or a fox witch. Most games bind the things bought from their item shop, which Perfect world doesn't in most of the items, unless it is mentioned in the item description. And if something is not working properly, there is an emergency maintenance. That looks like a lot of effort put into a game they want to get rid off. Right? To me it makes more sense to leave broken things in boutique, if they don't care that much, as people credit them for. *thinking*

I can go on and on about details, but in the end it is all up to the sales and losses what will happen.
    I don't believe in the milking theory and will most likely know more when february rolls around.
    Someone mentioned in this thread that february is the month of license renewal. If that is true, we have our answer most likely next march/april.

• hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    Embracer Group seems to focus on game development, it seems they don't want to work with Chinese companies, that's ok, the weird part is that in the forsaken world farewell post they mention that players can use their Arc credit in PWI, well if PWI was schedule to shut down I don't think they would mention it unless it's a recent decision.
    People are worried because the expansion is late, well this would be the first expansion under the GearBox publishing brand, PWE used to be a subsidiary of PWCN, but now that PWE has been sold it's a completely different story, we have no idea what is happening behind the curtain. I've already played an official Perfect World version that went 2 years without expansion so we'd better wait for an official announcement
  • choasdriver
    Its not just 1 mmo site saying this its many, i myself will not cash this game anymore unless i see some update previews or an actual update to game. They most likely dont wish to be flooded with refunds all at once for 2 different games so they stalling the notice for pwi to be closing down. If i was gonna stall something ofc id add pwi in the list of games to spend refunds on as to not tip anyone off lol its slick tactics is all. The less players suspect game is closing the more will cash game and any refund you do get is just pixelated credits to use on another trash arc game so the player still gives thier money its no loss at all to the company.
  • choasdriver
    Embracer only wants to control and they have no control of pwi since they must get all updates from china. This is why i belive they will cut pwi next just like they did china's other game forsaken world. They want to make games not just patch them all other games they bought came directly from pwe which they absorbed so they can control those and develope on those as they see fit. They are even in process of buying squarenix montreal which proves they are super super super big company* a parent company in other words they answer to no one definitly not wanmie. They wont keep pwi open for much longer XD idc what anyone says evidence is all around us i know its sad and no one wanna accept it i myself am greatly sad over this. But i refuse to waste more money on something im certain is about to end.
  • ladyricana
    ladyricana Posts: 20 Arc User
    It is not like arc never closed two games simultanously. In fact they closed jade dynasty and swordsman online simultanously. It is not something they need to be scared of. They even nuked Gigantic in the same batch. I wouldn't say we need to panic about this right now. If they really want to nuke it, the first thing that stops is the frequent weekly boutique update and spend promos. It is clearly visible on Forsaken World.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I really think that open thoughts on this are not a good start.

We can see money has been spent on PWI in the last few months where as the other game as mentioned has not. One of the things I try to keep a feel of is how PWI is doing and im always left thinking its in a better possition than people think.

We all know that day will come eventually, howerver for now the ref is shouting "Safe" from what I understand.

Thanks.
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    WELL IF THE DEVELOPERS will MAKE STRONG UPDATES each 3th MONTH or so this game will still GOING STRONG ( LIFT UP YOUR OPTISME ) dont be negative ,, (( WORLD of WARCRAFT )) is still going strong (( SO WHY SHOULD THIS not be able to CONTINUE , WHAT WE NEED IS SUPER MASIVE UPDATES and PWI will STILL going STRONG , and world of warcraft is from year 2004 and PWI is from 2008
    SORRY i named another game but it was for compare WE ONLY NEED NEW DEVELOPERS TEAM , remember the TEAM that build this game (( PWI )) was got fired i dont know why , but im always been optimistic to everything ,,, and world of warcraft just got a brand new UPDATE , so i expect we also get a brand new UPDATE SOON
  • heerohex#3018
    Just to reasure the community I have just had this back in exact wording from the PWI GM Team.
    "There are no plans for PWI to be shut down. The game is still expected to be running as normal, and you should be able to continue playing without issue."

I will state this is correct as of 07/19/22. I really hope this will reasure the community as this has been said over and over Its not something I can always ask but...
    As I said Above
    We all know that day will come eventually, howerver for now the ref is shouting "Safe" from what I understand.

As for updates ill answer that into the other thread as well rather than start into this topic.

Thanks.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    I dont think so,

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11522013-thank-you-pwi!

Things are in development, so dont think they closing it down soon.

Like heero said, the day will come when they gonna shutdown this game.
    But not the next couple of years.

I think this settles all the turmoil we had over these last weeks.

Lets stop the negativism and enjoy the game !

Have a nice day all.
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    ;)
    unknown.png
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11522553-first-look:-fountain-of-fate

These features and more are almost here! You can check it all out after next week’s maintenance!

We waited so long, whats another week ;)

Have fun all !
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    hello to all , for begin of this game have been declared dead from year 2008 until now 2022 august at this moment the world is in crises in the Energy area many player cant afford to play that much as they was use too , i think it is a common thingy for all games at the moment , so i would like to see all those NEGATIVE player been kicked from game we dont need negative player , negative ppl dont live long cause it hit their health and make body system run wrong way , ask your doctor if you dont belive , positive ppl always live longer and have more succes in life than negative ppl , catch up , mabye the negative ppl vill be dead before this game LOOOOOOOOL
  • heerohex#3018
    Its not the first time and it wont be the last time we see posts like this, With posts saying this for years.

We have an answer to the currect future of PWI so this can be closed.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.