Marketplace Updates?

Options
claude#9290
claude#9290 Posts: 13 Arc User
Is no one (I volunteer) gonna address that the last marketplace update was Feb 23 and we're nearly halfway through March?
Just a curious player here.

Comments

• outgrabe
    outgrabe Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Options
    it is odd (almost 3 weeks since last update)

I can only add an observation that the deal to sell PWE to it's new owner in december was an announcement only ...
    ... the deal was scheduled to be signed off in February
    So at a guess I'd say PWE cannot update, it's down the the new company to do that

https://embracer.com/release/embracer-group-enters-into-agreement-to-acquire-perfect-world-entertainment
    "The transaction was signed as of 21 December 2021 and is expected to close in February 2022. Completion of the transaction is conditional upon customary conditions including regulatory merger control clearance."
  • claude#9290
    claude#9290 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    outgrabe wrote: »
    it is odd (almost 3 weeks since last update)

I can only add an observation that the deal to sell PWE to it's new owner in december was an announcement only ...
    ... the deal was scheduled to be signed off in February
    So at a guess I'd say PWE cannot update, it's down the the new company to do that

https://embracer.com/release/embracer-group-enters-into-agreement-to-acquire-perfect-world-entertainment
    "The transaction was signed as of 21 December 2021 and is expected to close in February 2022. Completion of the transaction is conditional upon customary conditions including regulatory merger control clearance."

It's a great and substantial explanation, makes a lot of sense. No mods cared to answer my inquiry, so thank you.
    so. . . are we even gonna be notified for a charge/spend promo this month or have a promo at all?
    Marketplace updates have been helpful to know if there might be interesting on sale (most) people would miss, and there's been sales ongoing in the in-game market stealthily (I have to surf every tab to see).
    Guess it's still too early to tell what the future holds for this game.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    We don't know what's up with the lack of marketplace updates. We're just about as clueless are you are - we don't actually get much information about stuff unless we're prodding for it and even then it's not guaranteed. I can't imagine it's got to do with the Embracer acquisition because as far as I remember, PWE was supposed to be mostly operating the same post-acquisition so they should still be capable of making news posts.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • outgrabe
    outgrabe Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    I can't imagine it's got to do with the Embracer acquisition because as far as I remember, PWE was supposed to be mostly operating the same post-acquisition so they should still be capable of making news posts.

TBH I would expect that the same people would be in the same posts atm, but I'm guessing if there are any hiccups in organising operational handover then focus would be with server maintenance / service provision, and that something like a website update is the one thing most likely to slip through the cracks :)

• deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    Options
    are people complaining about sales because its all this game cares about is updating the market place..where you guys been at for the past 14 years..
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    who cares for markedplace all stuff is almost non tradeable typical a diktators style to force all to buy stuff with real cash , but not all can affort to spend cash so those cant get stuff from Boutique they will be forced to end the game i guess
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    and also most stuff is only limit to one use to bad per accounts and we need a fade out, when we already bought stuff in BOUTIQUE , so we not buy it accidently again , i cant remember what i already bought , so therefor a BLUR / FADE OUT on already bought item in BOUTIQUE need