What is the reason you keep playing this game?

2»

Comments

• brithedarkangel#8032
    brithedarkangel#8032 Posts: 19 Arc User
    E. Other(s): please specify.
    E. Other(s): please specify
    Have some great friends in game. Started off on Lost City Server migrated to Heaven's Tear. I don't spend as much time on game lately due to RL stuff but have been at least been doing my daily check in and making sure my homestead is clean.
    I'm an angel I swear I am. The horns are just there to hold my halo up!!
    657410mkknv10dfd.jpg
  • inukaru
    inukaru Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey everyone,

First and foremost, this topic is not, by any means, created to bash or put a negative impact to the game but instead to create a meaningful discussion as well as satisfy my own curiousity regarding the title of this topic.

With that out of the way, I wanted to genuinely ask the players: What keeps you guys playing this game rather than switching to another? To add, despite knowing that even after putting a lot of time farming in this game, someone with a credit card can instantly destroy all your hard work. How would you deal with that? What goes on your mind when getting 2-3 shotted by a player, who have only been playing less than a year, meanwhile you spent playing the game farming for years?

I’ve been playing the game for a long time and I lean towards the free-to-play side. That being said, the reason I’m asking all these question is to know more about the mentality that it takes for players to keep playing knowing the fact that they are either the rich players who dominates the game or the players who becomes the punching bag to satisfy the ego of the rich players.

Please, don’t hesitate to voice out your opinion because what I wanted to achieve by posting this topic is to apply the mentality that you guys have in the game and maybe it will make the game insteresting for me to keep playing.
    I also added a poll just so I can visualize what the majority of reasons for players to keep going. If there is no option on the poll which explains why you’re still playing, please, feel free to say it in the comments.

Thanks.

It allows me to talk to my girlfriend without my wife to suspect anything.
  • enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    Just have not found another mmorpg that checks as many boxes.
  • warrencliff
    warrencliff Posts: 6 Arc User
    E
    I guess I am getting near the oldest player as I was 62 in 2008 when I started playing the game and will be 76 later tis year. I am no longer a playing all day type but enjoy being in a guild and doing the BH as a team. I've not used any real cash for some time but manged to get a R9 3.3 bm 105 x 3 which I stopped playing when my faction on dawnglory (requiem) basically folded. I have levelled most classes at one time or another to rb2 but I must admit I get bored with the dailies grind. The game was much more fun back in the day when you could earn coins from farming and buy gold at, if I remember about 50k, not the silly money it got up to at one time. You can guess i don't do PvP except occasionally nation wars. I try to get a toon I like playing into G16 eventually but that is more difficult now unless you want to farm forever or use real cash.
    I keep telling myself I'll quit but I'm still playing but wish the game hadn't been spoit by the botters and developers wanting more and more money.
  • warrencliff
    warrencliff Posts: 6 Arc User
    By the way I forgot to say I originally started on Sanctuary server in US before European server was formed.
  • altera#5699
    altera#5699 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Nostalgia, friends(they dont play these days). Im just doing quest as im stuck with culti and other things that are needed to progress... Love this game.
    Mutiny (Retired) - Blademaster (Tideswell)
    AItera (fully operational) - Seeker (Tideswell)
  • fartstain#0780
    fartstain#0780 Posts: 2 Arc User
    A. I already invested too much time in this game.
    I don’t know why I still play it. Glutton for punishment? I’ll never be in the inner circle of OP ppl that make the top lists of damage and rewards. I don’t spend enough. But I do spend in the cash shop to support the company because I do enjoy the aesthetic of the game and all of my toons. I’m even a lone wolf in game as I am in life and yet, still, I am able to create a single player type experience in an mmo. Mostly because I squad with my alts to enjoy the easier content and only do random squads for higher end instances with my better geared mains. Either way, I still think the game is fun, no matter the bad choices they’ve made. I do wish they wouldn’t have made it so hard to farm coins now, but meh, what ya gonna do?