How many players

dumdum201#6090
dumdum201#6090 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2023 in Off-Topic Discussion
How many players is currently playing PWI? is it dead or full of life? all videos i have seen is with people who are level 102+ but none below?

and does anyone know if its true if PWI Entertainment will remake their game in UE4 with name Perfect New World?
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    How many players is currently playing PWI? is it dead or full of life? all videos i have seen is with people who are level 102+ but none below?
    There are many characters with low levels but sometimes it's scared to see no one around you in the starter area (a.k.a. Celestial Vale). As for the higher levels, the XNW last week only had around 466 people around but many didn't play: kicking the npc seems to be a rule in XNW, even for people who use(d) more than 1 client. Many "full of alts" factions search for active members but sometimes they also ask more like sky level, armor and stuff. Best to ignore them. For your question if PWI is dead or full of live depends on your timezone, server-choice and your own activity. Walk around and you will discover live.... and spambots. There is a chance people will leave in the future if Arc is replaced: Not because they want to leave but because they own a 32-bits computer. They can come back if they trade "free to play" for a moment to "pay to play" by buying a new 64-bits computer and install the game again. Sure, they can they turn back to F2P after that happens.
    and does anyone know if its true if PWI Entertainment will remake their game in UE4 with name Perfect New World?
    The MMO "New world" is developed by another company but there is always a chance for Perfect World Entertainment to buy that company and destroy it while using the game as a coin-sink. Happened before with other games. PWI itself gets enough updates, even in grahics, so will not be replaced by a new developed game.

• bitemepwistaff
    bitemepwistaff Posts: 15 Arc User
    Idk about the game but the forums are as dead as they can get
  • hpw2408h#9962
    hpw2408h#9962 Posts: 26 Arc User
    That is because the forum was and is for the players only. Most of the players use forums on Shivtr or just Google for answers. The in-game teleacoustics and horns can be wasted to ask things if the guild someone is in is...inactive due timezones or whatever people doing.

As for the question from dumdum201: if you start a new character you can get to lvl 100 in a few weeks - if not playing 24/7. Then people can choose to do a rebirth so they can start at level 1 again but level much quicker and an instance named 'Primal' is opened. Once people reach level 100 again they can do it again and open another instance, named 'The Western Steppes'. Again much more fun when reaching new levels. Max level is 105 so you could be 105,105,105. There is no need to have the best of the best armor and weapon if you just spend some time and ask for help sometimes. The free armor from 1K Streams or the 'pillbaby armor' some people got in the past is enough for PVE. For PVP you need to spend money and time.
  • maxxx17#7859
    maxxx17#7859 Posts: 1 New User
    I think there are quite a few players. Since the game came out relatively recently.
  • chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    I think there are quite a few players. Since the game came out relatively recently.

Yeah enough people online. Maybe a bit off-topic: nice to see moderators didn't remove the post about 'Perfect New World' which isn't our game 'Perfect World'.
  • lunaryse#8429
    lunaryse#8429 Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @maxxx17#7859 said:
    > I think there are quite a few players. Since the game came out relatively recently.

Didn't the game come out in 2008? I was playing this in 2010.
  • altamira111
    altamira111 Posts: 3 Arc User

I'm literally lost with this comment. Like this is nearly one of the oldest mmos out there?!
    Ygt | Earthguard Seek | LC
This discussion has been closed.