[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 01/18/22

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited January 2022 in Official Announcements
Please feel free to update if needs be. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.

Please Note: Please be patient and bear with the team, as US offices are being affected by epidemic precautions.
Maintenance tonight is expected to start around 23:00 PT, I will try to update as I can for any changes.

* US West (Et/Tw) 1/18/22 - 23:00 * US East (Ti) 1/19/22 - 02:00 * EU (Da) 1/19/22 - 08:00 * UTC 1/19/22 - 07:00 *
All times and dates are approximate to location and use MM/DD/YY

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.
Edit for Patch Notes link here. Or assume for just a server restart / minor updates.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

So im covering this week and in my usual Ive got a question. So here goes!
Question of the week - What is your favorite class and why?

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    edited January 2022

So I know Ive asked this question before. It will be interesting to see if people have changed there mind from the past with the new class as well. Also Ill reveal mine later during the day!

Thanks!​​
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 57 Arc User
    Veno. I love the variety of pets they can get, I love their versatility, I love the various animal human forms as well as the orange fox, and they are quite fun to pvp with, even if undergeared compared to her opponents.
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    *Chuckle* heya Hero... may wanna change the date on the title of the thread ur a month early according to it xD
  • heerohex#3018
    edited January 2022
    *Chuckle* heya Hero... may wanna change the date on the title of the thread ur a month early according to it xD

Eak, that what I get for doing it at 11pm. Thanks and Adjusted....

Thanks.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    meow101 wrote: »
    Veno. I love the variety of pets they can get, I love their versatility, I love the various animal human forms as well as the orange fox, and they are quite fun to pvp with, even if undergeared compared to her opponents.

I never really got to play a veno much my self, I can see the reasons may be I should try again at some point.

Thanks.​​
  • butterflydream26
    butterflydream26 Posts: 7 Arc User

Thanks.[/center]​​[/quote]

I love my Veno, took her r9+12 last months charge/spend rewards. But I also love the Stormbringer and the wide variety of attacks that they use.

• sakti#1598
    sakti#1598 Posts: 26 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    ​​
    And I have a slightly different question. There are videos from Chinese servers on the Internet and it can be seen there that from the point of view of pwi players, the Chinese play very strangely. But apparently it is for this "strange" (I don't want to swear) game that developers are constantly redoing skills. As a result, we on pwi (and also on ru-off, judging by their forum) have a strange imbalance of classes.
    The pwi administration does not want to make a section for its players in which we can make suggestions for changing skills, which will then be transferred to the developers? I do not insist that these proposals will be accepted, just information for reflection.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited January 2022

Thanks.

I love my Veno, took her r9+12 last months charge/spend rewards. But I also love the Stormbringer and the wide variety of attacks that they use.

Nice and Gratz, big fan of a veno that strong (Not when im PvP tho). Again myself not played the Stormbringer Ive seen the skills and yes wow its appears to be a nice class.
    Another I have to try.

Interesting that no one has mentioned the new class as of yet?

Thanks.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    sakti#1598 wrote: »
    And I have a slightly different question. There are videos from Chinese servers on the Internet and it can be seen there that from the point of view of pwi players, the Chinese play very strangely. But apparently it is for this "strange" (I don't want to swear) game that developers are constantly redoing skills. As a result, we on pwi (and also on ru-off, judging by their forum) have a strange imbalance of classes.
    The pwi administration does not want to make a section for its players in which we can make suggestions for changing skills, which will then be transferred to the developers? I do not insist that these proposals will be accepted, just information for reflection.

Skills balance is an odd one that the game has toyed with over and over again. Sometimes our balance is wrong because of the difference between how the classes are played. Most of the chances come from PWCN and hence why ours seems a little different. Also PWCN - PWI seams to want to keep as much in the game as possible the same for Dev costs one would guess. In the past we have had this and every now and then it has to be changed due to skills not working as intended (For PWI).

May be in the future this may be more open to debate, Your still more than welcome to post in the Suggestions Box for this however.

Thanks.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Server are apparently up as well.

See you in game!

Thanks.​​
  • sakti#1598
    Skills balance is an odd one that the game has toyed with over and over again. Sometimes our balance is wrong because of the difference between how the classes are played. Most of the chances come from PWCN and hence why ours seems a little different. Also PWCN - PWI seams to want to keep as much in the game as possible the same for Dev costs one would guess. In the past we have had this and every now and then it has to be changed due to skills not working as intended (For PWI).

May be in the future this may be more open to debate, Your still more than welcome to post in the Suggestions Box for this however.

Thanks.​​
    My suggestion was not to create separate skills for pwi.
    The problem is that, judging by the videos of Chinese players, they play not just badly, but very badly. It looks like they activate the skill randomly and as a result cannot even half realize the potential of the class they are playing with. Even I can see it, although I don't play pvp very well myself. And the developers, instead of advising Chinese players to at least think a little with their heads and try to play better, using the capabilities already embedded in the skills, begin to strengthen the class with skill improvements. As a result, when these changes reach pwi and ru-off, where players usually have a better understanding of the game with their classes, there is an insane imbalance between classes.
    So I suggest conducting a survey among pwi players who have a better understanding of the problems in pvp, on how to balance skills in future updates on pwc, which will later be installed on pwi.
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    sakti#1598 wrote: »

Thanks.​​
    My suggestion was not to create separate skills for pwi.
    The problem is that, judging by the videos of Chinese players, they play not just badly, but very badly. It looks like they activate the skill randomly and as a result cannot even half realize the potential of the class they are playing with. Even I can see it, although I don't play pvp very well myself. And the developers, instead of advising Chinese players to at least think a little with their heads and try to play better, using the capabilities already embedded in the skills, begin to strengthen the class with skill improvements. As a result, when these changes reach pwi and ru-off, where players usually have a better understanding of the game with their classes, there is an insane imbalance between classes.
    So I suggest conducting a survey among pwi players who have a better understanding of the problems in pvp, on how to balance skills in future updates on pwc, which will later be installed on pwi.

I don't know which Asian player you are referring to or watching but i can assure you most of the Asian player base know what they are doing. It's like going to a different country and telling people "that's not how you play spades where am from". That being said you can't just make assumptions from watching one person video that the Chinese are bad players and you don't pvp yourself. "although I don't play pvp very well myself".
  • sakti#1598
    I don't know which Asian player you are referring to or watching but i can assure you most of the Asian player base know what they are doing. It's like going to a different country and telling people "that's not how you play spades where am from". That being said you can't just make assumptions from watching one person video that the Chinese are bad players and you don't pvp yourself. "although I don't play pvp very well myself".

This opinion is not based on one video. And this is not only my opinion, but also several players I know have watched broadcasts from China.
  • loko#8778
    loko#8778 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Any idea when the r9rrr molds for the wildwalker are coming out ?
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    loko#8778 wrote: »

Early or Late February maybe.
  • heerohex#3018
    loko#8778 wrote: »

Sorry we dont as of yet, this is something we can ask.

Thanks.​​