[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 11/23/21

obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
Please feel free to update if needs be. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.

Please Note: Please be patient and bear with the team, as US offices are being affected by epidemic precautions.
Maintenance tonight is expected to start around 23:00 PT, I will try to update as I can for any changes.

* US West (Et/Tw) 11/23/21 - 23:00 * US East (Ti) 11/24/21 - 02:00 * EU (Da) 11/24/21 - 08:00 * UTC 11/24/21 - 07:00 *
All times and dates are approximate to location and use MM/DD/YY

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.
Edit for Patch Notes link here. Or assume for just a server restart / minor updates.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
​​
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com

Comments

• obielle
    I've been told that the devs plan to fix the crashing and corrupted files issues with this update. Please let me know if there are still problems after the maintenance.

Here is the main update thread where you can also submit issues. https://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1211284/wildwalker-update-the-good-the-bad-and-the-broken-bugs#latest

• vampibr200000
    vampibr200000 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I wish I coudl contact development team .... cause that game will soon die the way PWI is doing it. Maybe that updates are good in china, but here not everything is good. PW little by little is making the game impossible for people that cannot afford that much cash to play. Little by little they are taking away from players the options to make coins in game and the game has so many updates of new and stronger gears and everything that its getting impossible to a new normal player to enjoy the game and be any close to eb able to go pvp. Most of the players still in game are older people who works and have money to spend and even those are thinking its too much expensive. We don't have new players anymore, cause it is not attractive at all and pw just making it worse everytime... you guys just think about money you get from people? what about the fun you should give back for us? even brazilian server is probably close to 50x more players than international version cause they set fair price for gold, its so many people playing, farming, that game economy is awesome for players, and they always bring to game new things not only new gear to spend, but things people enjoy also, like all the new fashions and stuff (there are fashions older than my son that pwi never put in game....thats ridiculous). All PWI knows to do is change everything people do to make coins to give 0 coins or get impossible to make and also they love create new things super expensive and then complain about normal people that abuse in someway the game to make coins... this is ridiculous, FIX THE GAMEEE so people wont have to do illegal game stuff too. and stop increase gold price... i live in brazil, for me to buy 180 golds it cost me more than half a minimun wage.... and what do i do with 180 golds? almost nothing nowadays. PWI have to study about that server or soon you all will lose your damn jobs cause no new players and older players in some moment will quit (or for real life reasons,or cause not enjoying the game anymore or cause they are tired of wasting thousands dollars to get 1 wherever **** in game that does no difference at all unless you spend another 10 thousand dollars.... Im so pissed with pwi cause that server sucks, im playing since 2009 here and that last updates i have taken a few breaks cause it gets tired that empty server and pwi just making things worse everytime. PLEASE, DO SOMETHING FOR PLAYERS. I know the rich players that can buy cash are the only ones you care, but the other players also important.... they make the game more fun... with more people doing instances, farming....]]sorry about my vent. and probably it will not get where it should..... but ye i have to say it cause 90% of my friends already quit that game (at least 70 friends) because of pwi updates that dont care about players. and to be honest, they are very dumb.. cause if you losing players ... raise the money you want will not solve any problem... you will just keep losing.
  • cindymars#2606
    cindymars#2606 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree with everything mentioned above. For me there is a simple logic - no players, no money. If there aren´t new players who shall buy items from older players or even from HS. If no one is buying items why should one buy packs from boutique. With growing frustation more and more players quit the game or take a long break. At least those are players which finance the game. Therefore it should be in common interest to think for improvements and not only for updates.
  • jessica#0563
    jessica#0563 Posts: 38 Arc User
    still disconnecting on log in back to back still. what are you guys doing to the game to us?
  • jessica#0563
    I started Recording this log in now i thank i at 20 disconnections now maybe more. and i am going to post this on my YouTube chan today to show everyone how if i log the new class made it will log without a prob. but soon as i try loging main on it it just spam disconnects. and i am going to give my full mind about this to on it. so lets see how many hours i got to spam log my account before i get in.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    vampibr200000, This has been a problem ever since 2009. The fact is event if you talk with US developers, there is nothing they can do. PW was build by a few different company and each of those company have Copy right to the section of the game they build. When they got fired they prevented future company from working on there codes. It took 4 year back then to have a simple skill bug fix on a few Elf class. Now not only multiple CN company own the game, PW in the US has no copy right to any of it. All they have is the Hosting right and a few admin right to fix and enable a few things. And has the market for PW US is dieing I don't think China is going to put money on our side. Event less with the current Politic being develop there.
  • obielle
    Posting this in a few areas.

So I see that there may still be some crashing issues after this maintenance. I'm going to need some more information about the crashes (not the disconnecting) since I haven't been able to experience this myself. Information such as: at what point exactly is the crash occurring, is this happening to all characters you log in, which areas are those characters in (if known), etc. Currently the info I have is a bit vague.

Also, could someone who is still experiencing crashing issues paste the message contents? You can do this by double-clicking in the error window and pressing ctrl+c. That should copy the entire contents of the window for you to paste here. Even if it's in gibberish, it should allow me to decode it for the actual error message which should help identify the issue faster.

• wolf99099
    wolf99099 Posts: 4 New User
    Error message : јУФШЅЁЦюК§°ЬЈ¬іМРтјґЅ«НЛіцЈЎ
  • obielle
    wolf99099 wrote: »
    Error message : јУФШЅЁЦюК§°ЬЈ¬іМРтјґЅ«НЛіцЈЎ

Thanks for that message. It seems a little different from other ones I've seen, but I believe it's supposed to say 加载建筑失败,程序即将退出!or "Failed to load the building, the program is about to exit!" which is a similar message I got when I was crashing near Firefly Village (but that's since been fixed). So...maybe another texture issue that hasn't been caught.

Is this when you try to log in or while the intro video is playing? If it's when you try to log in, do you know where your character might be roughly?

• wolf99099
    > @obielle said:
    > Thanks for that message. It seems a little different from other ones I've seen, but I believe it's supposed to say 加载建筑失败,程序即将退出!or "Failed to load the building, the program is about to exit!" which is a similar message I got when I was crashing near Firefly Village (but that's since been fixed). So...maybe another texture issue that hasn't been caught.
    >
    > Is this when you try to log in or while the intro video is playing? If it's when you try to log in, do you know where your character might be roughly?

It happens while the intro video is playing , although i dont see the video it just plays the sound
  • arthbruk
    arthbruk Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    file:///C:/Users/Virtuoso/Downloads/problema-pwi.webp
    I'm having this problem when entering the game, on the loading screen this error appears as in the image
  • obielle
    > @obielle said:
    > Thanks for that message. It seems a little different from other ones I've seen, but I believe it's supposed to say 加载建筑失败,程序即将退出!or "Failed to load the building, the program is about to exit!" which is a similar message I got when I was crashing near Firefly Village (but that's since been fixed). So...maybe another texture issue that hasn't been caught.
    >
    > Is this when you try to log in or while the intro video is playing? If it's when you try to log in, do you know where your character might be roughly?

It happens while the intro video is playing , although i dont see the video it just plays the sound

Hmm...I wonder if the crashing would stop if the video folder was removed from the PWI files. Try looking for your game files (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\element) and finding the video folder. Try deleting it (or moving it elsewhere just in case this doesn't work) and see what happens when you try to load in again. You should be able to launch without the patcher wanting to patch.

Otherwise I am curious if you're able to play the video properly on your PC from that video folder. The one that's probably causing problems is perfectcg2021.

• jessica#0563
    i dont know where to post for this proublem so i just going to add it i even ticketed it and live chat to yet no one is helping so many of us with this prob, so i posted it to my Youtube chan. https://youtu.be/bWlKUxVzi8s
  • wolf99099
    > @obielle said:
    > Hmm...I wonder if the crashing would stop if the video folder was removed from the PWI files. Try looking for your game files (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\element) and finding the video folder. Try deleting it (or moving it elsewhere just in case this doesn't work) and see what happens when you try to load in again. You should be able to launch without the patcher wanting to patch.
    >
    > Otherwise I am curious if you're able to play the video properly on your PC from that video folder. The one that's probably causing problems is perfectcg2021.

Eventhough i removed the video folder, the error still pops up. D-:
  • obielle
    > @obielle said:
    > Hmm...I wonder if the crashing would stop if the video folder was removed from the PWI files. Try looking for your game files (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\element) and finding the video folder. Try deleting it (or moving it elsewhere just in case this doesn't work) and see what happens when you try to load in again. You should be able to launch without the patcher wanting to patch.
    >
    > Otherwise I am curious if you're able to play the video properly on your PC from that video folder. The one that's probably causing problems is perfectcg2021.

Eventhough i removed the video folder, the error still pops up. D-:

Hmm okay, thanks for trying. Hopefully I've given staff enough information about this instance of crashing, though I haven't heard back from them since maintenance happened.

• wolf99099
    > @obielle said:
    > Hmm okay, thanks for trying. Hopefully I've given staff enough information about this instance of crashing, though I haven't heard back from them since maintenance happened.

Verifying solved the problem :smiley:
  • obielle
    > @obielle said:
    > Hmm okay, thanks for trying. Hopefully I've given staff enough information about this instance of crashing, though I haven't heard back from them since maintenance happened.

Verifying solved the problem :smiley:

Oh neat, thanks for that info. I think by now people are sick and tired of verifying their files now though haha :sweat:

• arthbruk
    arthbruk Posts: 8 Arc User
    And the file verification issue where the game says the file is corrupt still remains
  • alexiskitten
    alexiskitten Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Ok I am having issues getting my toon into game. I get to character selection click on the toon i want to play hit enter and i dc going into game repeatedly. it askes if i want to try again when I hit Yes it drops everything and brings me back to arc. I repeat this for between 4-9 times b4 I am able to get my toon in game. This also happens when I try to go into Northern Realms or exit out of northern Realms. I have verified my files 3 times then I reinstalled game I was having reinstall issues getting runtime errors. I finally got game to play and same dc issues. I was in plume with my cleric but I been leaving her in random places like nicada in western steps and it seems no matter where I leave the toon I still have the same dc issues trying to get my toon into game. This is happening on all my families accounts and 3 different computers and all toons dc just the same on all these accounts so it is not one particular toon or one particular account or one particular computer. AMD Ryzen= Disconect and intel core I7=Disconect AMD FX-6300= Disconect all the same. I tried playing on 64 and 32 bit no difference same disconnect going into game, but 64 bit seems to be a bit more stable. I play off of arc platforms as I don't like pasport.
    Verifying does not solve my problem nor uninstalling/reinstalling game. As of 11/27/2021 this game is unplayable with all the dc issues. The intro video plays just fine no issues character selection loads just fine It happens only when I am trying to get the toon I selected into the game and I dc again trying to get into or leave northern realms. all other porting, western steps/base/ is normal.
    Post edited by alexiskitten on
  • alexiskitten
    my best suggestion would be to have a pwi dev try to install this game on a home computer so they can see the run time errors the 8 hrs to install then more runtime errors then tells you u have corrupt files then u verify files fix them. restart ur computer and everything launches properly until ur toon u selected dc's going into pw game itself. I play on Tideswell server.
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    +1
    Same issue, described by @alexiskitten, has been happening to me as well. Any solution on this?
    Tried verify, redownload, clean install, just to get to the character selection. Once I selected one character, it disconnected me, and asked to reconnect. Choosing reconnect only closed the whole program, and left only Arc alive.
  • alexiskitten
    12/29/2021 still no fix. The toon in Northern Realms is perma stuck there from November as I dc trying to get her in game. I got 1 toon in game today who was an alt standing at the banker in east arch. when I went to character selection screen I dc switching toons then for the last 10 try's can not seem to get back into the game again on any toon. The error i get after I verify or reinstall the game is: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library error! Runtime error! Program: C:\ Program Files(x86)\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. when u click on ok it drops everything even the launcher. LoL I have been contacting support for over a month with no answers. I think everyone went on holiday... this is my last and final post as I have given the devs/gm's as much info as I can between this post and the last few above. I will try to launch the game in a few weeks and see if anything is fixed if not, I must say I have had a good run with this game sense 2008. and I am sad to see it literally go up in smoke. Tideswell server is pretty empty from what I saw when I was able to get on an alt in east arch only once by some fluke of luck or miracle but I cant make it back in game again. So that tells me there is alot of ppl having the same issues as me and maybe just gave up instead or writing in a ticket or on the forums.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    The only updates this game gets is..drum roll..charge rewards added back to the purchase.
    To be honest this game is on auto pilot.

to the post way up there about the game ,you are exactly right.

cant get good fash unless its some random pack,or have to buy fash for 200mill+ LOL wow mounts and fash and pets costing more than gear pieces wow..Weapon fash not so bad.I'd understand if fashion/weapon fash/animals actually gave some kinda gear bonus for equipping it,but come on!

Game is even stingy on its silver coins..like people can buy stuff with the junk..maybe if u manage to save up 3mil lsilver coins on a x2 drop for lunar run..but whats that low ball amount of gold coin going to do for you.

game needs a serious turn around for the international version.