PWI Crisis

I've been trying to get back into this game for ten days in a row. Unsuscesfull and, spoking from the heart; a waste of time.
PWI was one of the first MMOs that I really got myself emerged into it, and was eager to see how this game was doing nowadays. Wanted to get in and try this new class. Make some videos about how this old MMO could still bring good feelings, gameplay etc, etc. All to be punched in the face by Devs who don't give a pie about the game health.

Countless players still trying to get in the game, without success, and not a single Dev to pop out of their shadows and maybe say a "Hi, we're trying to fix it right now, since all you guys are having problems since Wildwalker came out. We'll get it right asap".
Lurked through some pages on this forum, just to discover that the situation inside the game iself, isn't beautiful also. As there is still bugs comemorating anniversary and old players getting no recognition for doing so cuz sure it must take a hell of a willpower to be ground holding in this game at 2021. And a heck of ALOT of every other problem we can imagine.

Tried uninstalling and downloading everything (including Arc itself) again. No success.
Tried to "Verify Files". Give up after 14 Hours of wait, far from the computer, getting not near the end, as my PC specs "16gb RAM Dual Channel, Ryzen 5 3600, SSD, HD and GTX 1660 Super" are no match for this Game.

Finally the best thing happened: I Gave up trying.

Wish all the luck to anyone who still play this game. This game meant alot for my, back in the days.
Sad to see its situation. I Hope one day things get better for PWI.

Peace!
Tagged:

Comments

• kopkaas
    kopkaas Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    same problem here.

Getting weird error with something like this
    %^@_____@ !$@&((&.--?

Trying to verify,.. the bar gets stuck at roughly 20% and stays there for hours.

maybe ill try again in couple days, but this kinda annoying
    Post edited by obielle on
  • susers
    susers Posts: 1 Arc User
    can only agree been trying for weeks to get in and says corrupted file, verify does nothing.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Get someone to give you this file and replace it in your files. litmodels.pck
  • sykodexta
    sykodexta Posts: 2 Arc User
    Couldn't "get someone" to give me the file, even though I did not know of that until now, and even so, none of my friends were either able to play the game. All of them are getting the same error as myself.
    It's sad to say the least.
  • impatience#7319
    impatience#7319 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've installed the game on both my laptop and PC without any problem at all. I also made sure that the folder I'm trying to install the game on will be exempted from all of the antivirus software I have in my computer. So far, I haven't encountered any of the issue mentioned in the forums at all.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    need not to worry guys your not missing to much.
  • mobgobblers
    mobgobblers Posts: 35 Arc User
    try sitching to patcher 2 when doing verify ( it is more stable ) and maybe turning off anti-virus untill game loaded then turning it back on ( could be issue with game and anti-virus not liking each other for awhile )
  • warrencliff
    warrencliff Posts: 6 Arc User
    I got a new computer and did a full download and got error and was told to verify which i did. It took forever overnight but was 'sweet as'
    afterwards. Touch wood it's been ok since.