Wildwalker Update - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited September 2023 in Quality Corner
Surpriiiise! The content update has landed (unexpectedly early)!

Post here about the update, whether it's good or bad. If there's any issues/bugs please report them here so we can pass them forward to staff. I'll be keeping a list of issues in this post and will try to update the status of each one if I get information on it.

NOTE: You should probably not be PKing newly-created Wildwalkers that have been forced into PK mode as it is unintentional, and thus is a bannable offense.

Patch Notes:
Issues/Bugs:
  • Wildwalkers are in PK mode upon creation and can change back to blue name after 10 hours. This also affects using the bank - the problem is solved when you swap out of PK mode or turn level 30. Not sure if this is affecting other classes. Sent to staff, awaiting response
  • Wildwalkers cannot learn skills in the Celestial Vale but can learn them on other maps. Not sure if this is affecting other classes. The issue has been resolved.
  • November attendance has been wiped out for all players. I believe on other versions they gave attendance notes as compensation, so we probably need it here as well. Compensation is now available until January 9th, 2022. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11505583-compensation-for-content-update-attendance-issue
  • Wildwalkers do not have rank 9 3rd cast equipment. This is in discussion with devs.
  • Wildwalkers have rank 9 4th cast equipment, but there is no way to craft it since we do not use the same forge CN does. Sent to staff, no specific response but possibly in discussion like r9 3rd cast.
  • Crashing occurs near Firefly Village (coordinates roughly 330 701). This appears to be due to an issue with a building or texture. If you find other areas that also cause crashes, please add them to this thread. The issue has been resolved.
  • Arigora Colosseum 3v3 squad matchmaking doesn't appear to be working. Says "Missing Item", but it's not clear what the required item is. I suspect the item is this one: https://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/69972 which should be getting sold through Khroatis, but he isn't selling it on PWI. Sent to staff, awaiting response
  • Many players are experiencing corrupted file errors when trying to update the game. Reinstalling and verifying files will not always fix it. Players are reporting that after several verifies, the issue gets fixed. Players are still experiencing this issue. The devs are still trying to identify the issue and how to fix.
  • Players are also experiencing crashes when trying to launch the client or log into the game. Again, reinstalling and verifying files does not fix it. Devs are still trying to identify the issue. Staff are requesting log files from affected users.
    Also have been told: "Most users still affected are also using onboard Intel graphics, so that could be a potential cause.
    If they are able to use a device with a dedicated Nvidia graphics card, that might be able to help run the game for now."
  • Text is overlapping in the following UIs: M/A window, encyclopedia (quest section)
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• corkideal#4983
    corkideal#4983 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Monkeys are on PK mode already after creating them. Someone [removed text because this is potentially bannable]
    Post edited by obielle on
  • yoabu#2667
    yoabu#2667 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Wildwalker cannot learn skills as long as they are in Celestial Vale. I just finished the quests there and popped to Archo and I can now learn all the learnable skills.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    Seems like everyone attendance resetted and we all missed 16days.
    Was looking to make an absence note at the npc's near arch bankers with tokens of luck.
    But seems like they dont do that anymore.
    Found out they are for sale in boutique.

So we gotta pay for an absence note from now on?

• lexxfx
    lexxfx Posts: 47 Arc User
    Cant even log in properly without auto dc while logging into game. Gotta retry 10x to get in and then dc again on char/server switch
  • wishes13
    wishes13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    When meditate in human form the new class has 3 hands
  • doyfa
    doyfa Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    same problem here. And always must watch the movie that I dont understand, just to be disconnected after serverchoice. Can they apply ONE patch without breaking something???
    And it helps soooo much to have 3x exp and 2x drop + coin but we cant log in
  • tibli
    tibli Posts: 8 Arc User
    Do you know where the celestial matron for celestial infant can be found now ?
    NPC is no more in Nicada.

Twilight sky chars get the quest for celestial infant items (Stargazer in Archosaur, then 6 treasure maps).
  • obielle
    tibli wrote: »
    Do you know where the celestial matron for celestial infant can be found now ?
    NPC is no more in Nicada.

Twilight sky chars get the quest for celestial infant items (Stargazer in Archosaur, then 6 treasure maps).

If I'm remembering correctly, they moved the matron to northwest archosaur.

• tibli
    tibli Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thanks, i found it.
    And my twilight char received its celestial infant.
  • doyfa
    doyfa Posts: 6 Arc User
    ok after trying to log in for hrs on end, I give up this is a huge bunch of nonsense
  • azra#6116
    azra#6116 Posts: 20 Arc User
    I dont see any A card reward for any instance,or i missed?
  • firefly247
    firefly247 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ok so all well and good if pwi give out absence notes but how do you get around the fact you cant use more than 4 per month? has that now been changed?
  • plushie666
    The new boutique item, Wild Blood Crystal Pack.
    Is this only availeble for the new class or all classes??

I hope for all, cuz that wont be fair at all for all other classes.

TY

• midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    instance rewards have all been changed. I've been watching the Russian servers websites / forums for this information. however I am unsure if I am allowed to post the information / link here. what I would like to know is in the past they've given us a code for event gold because of the DST maintenance disruptions, will they do it again?
  • obielle
    firefly247 wrote: »
    ok so all well and good if pwi give out absence notes but how do you get around the fact you cant use more than 4 per month? has that now been changed?

They removed the limit I've been told.
    instance rewards have all been changed. I've been watching the Russian servers websites / forums for this information. however I am unsure if I am allowed to post the information / link here. what I would like to know is in the past they've given us a code for event gold because of the DST maintenance disruptions, will they do it again?

You can go ahead and post links/info if you'd like, especially since we don't have english patch notes at the moment.
    As for the DST maint compensation, we will request a code for it.

• midnightstarrz
    https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=204916 for the dungeon reward updates
  • midnightstarrz
    edited November 2021
    Also, WARNING do not get the war avatar morai box from the blessing agent, watched a guildie get it, and when he opened it, he got nothing at all.

EDIT nevermind, either way its only a single card option not all of the cards.
  • dwveno
    dwveno Posts: 8 Arc User
    The new chain from the update, when your transformed if you leave the transformation e.g. enter hs you get un transformed and cannot continue the quest, go bk to the last npc or trash it

Any idea how to progress I got up to the Lunchbox
  • donjoela
    donjoela Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not very impressed.

Can't get my accounts logged in and if by chance they do log in they corrupt my computer.

Have to do a reset to get computer back to useable condition
  • jessica#0563
    jessica#0563 Posts: 38 Arc User
    every time i try loging in my normal toons i mass dc soon as it says entering pwi. only lets me log the new class in like wtf did u do pwi. now i cant log no toons but the new class.. fix ur game stop adding in new stuff without fixing stuff first now i lose a day

• obielle
    This should go without saying, but as a PSA: You should probably not be PKing newly-created Wildwalkers that have been forced into PK mode as it is unintentional, and thus is a bannable offense.

It's sad I have to actually post that here.

• sandie84
    sandie84 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Area around Firefly Village close to coordinates 330 701will dc your toon, tried to go back several times, even after verifying my game and still same problem. No picture quest for me :'(
    The error message looks crazy just random symbols!
  • obielle
    edited November 2021
    sandie84 wrote: »
    Area around Firefly Village close to coordinates 330 701will dc your toon, tried to go back several times, even after verifying my game and still same problem. No picture quest for me :'(

Huh, you're right. I just got the same error. May I ask what graphics card you're using?
    EDIT: Looking through my log files, it might be an issue with a building in that area that's causing us to crash. I'll add this onto the bug list and forward info to staff. If you're stuck crashing constantly, I'd recommend sending a ticket to try and get your char relocated.

• sandie84
    sandie84 Posts: 2 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    sandie84 wrote: »

Huh, you're right. I just got the same error. May I ask what graphics card you're using?
    EDIT: Looking through my log files, it might be an issue with a building in that area that's causing us to crash. I'll add this onto the bug list and forward info to staff. If you're stuck crashing constantly, I'd recommend sending a ticket to try and get your char relocated.

With a little luck i managed to teleport away by opening bag first dc, locating teleport stone second, pressing it 3rd time :D
  • midnightstarrz
    Well so far today, i updated, said corrupted file, uninstalled - reinstalled, still corrupeted, 3hrs after the reinstall i'm STILL veryifying files.... *sigh*
  • midnightstarrz
    So yeah i am getting the same error code when the video starts. I can hear it, cant see it and get this error... and i'm using a

Graphics Chipset
    AMD Radeon R7 350 Series

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/750934507364024340/910638541413969961/unknown.png
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 57 Arc User
    Has anyone been able to fix the "File Folder corrupted" error? Verifying and uninstalling and reinstalling didnt work.
  • plushie666
    edited November 2021
    plushie666 wrote: »
    The new boutique item, Wild Blood Crystal Pack.
    Is this only available for the new class or all classes??

I hope for all, cuz that wont be fair at all for all other classes.

TY

My question got ignored .
    It gives 1000x Barbaric Blood Crystal limited to 3 buys per account.
  • mankiller
    mankiller Posts: 30 Arc User
    File corrupted... I try verifying... didn't work... Do i have delete and reinstall the whole game again...
  • midnightstarrz
    I deleted game / arc all of it, reinstalled and STILL doing it... trying again to verify
This discussion has been closed.