Skill & Content Update 2021-OCT (PW-CN) (Untamed Stats updated!)

sumucheng#4456
sumucheng#4456 Posts: 33 Arc User
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Update!
  • It looks like they'll release exact numbers of the skill updates by race, probably 1 race per day. I'll keep updating these until all the races are updated.
  • The Mob amp skill icon is Extreme Poison. So basically everyone has Extreme poison on their 2 spark skill.

As some of you know, every Fall, PWE hosts a yearly PWI-expo of sorts at a resort in China, to release new patch information and host their annual 3v3/10v10 tournaments. These slides cover the upcoming skill changes. So while we haven't even gotten the new monkey class yet, they're about to adjust the skills on them, GG. Tieba Source / source 2

Summary:
  • Most buffs are now AOE with a new effect: increase damage dealt in PvP by 20%, and a lot of skills now adds a 30% amp effect to mobs.
  • Most two spark skills now deals 30% additional damage in PvE, so higher numbers in combos!
  • Base stats are buffed in barb, veno. Specific elemental debuffs are changed to affect all elements. Higher % mdef/pdef break.
  • A lot of skills are adjusted from stun to paralyze, while a lot of % chance are upgraded to 100%.

I think these updates decreases the difficulty in nuking PvE instances, and should provide a faster PvP pace.

I went through these pretty quick, so some of the stats are mistranslated/incomplete, please take all the translations with a grain of salt. Drop a note here or PM me for corrections, also I'll update these over the next couple of days.

Monkey translations are tricky because we don't have the English names, I copy-pasta'ed exactly the same translation as I did a few months ago, just adding what this update changes.

10-31, 11AM (GMT+2): edited the post regarding Archer/BM/Cleric/Mystic/New Content. if the new images aren't showing for you, reload the cache on your browser (in Chrome its [Ctrl][Shift][R]).

11-1, 9:30PM (GMT+2): added details to Human skill stats. Thanks Ittou! Also now we know the damage buff skill icon is Extreme Poison.

passives.png
archer.png
barb.png
bm.png
cleric.png
mystic.png
seeker.png
sin.png
tech.png
veno.png
wizard.png
duskblade.png
stormbringer.png
psychic.png
er.png
monkey.png

Post edited by sumucheng#4456 on

Comments

• sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    thank you for the translation!
  • sumucheng#4456
    Okay uploaded all the classes. The monkey skill is tricky because we don't know the English name yet, to see the full list of my original translation, click this link.
  • aceabc
    aceabc Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Awesome thanks!
  • badvvolf#9177
    badvvolf#9177 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why the hate on Canadians we nice ppl
  • sumucheng#4456
    Why the hate on Canadians we nice ppl

Too many of them play seekers. Also yes you guys are very nice xD.

Updated text for Archers, BM, Cleric, Mystic with missing information. Some other cosmetic fixes for the other images.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Nuking PvE is already at it's easiest point in the games history.
    With this new class and skill updates, you can see PWI is going 100% PvP focused from here on.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sumucheng#4456
    edited October 2021
    valdisman wrote: »
    With this new class and skill updates, you can see PWI is going 100% PvP focused from here on.

A lot of PW-CN population don't have end game gears like us. I'd say the average gear over there is probably TTR2 +5~8 with immaculate level shards. (They don't have access to Warsong, R9r3, or dragon orb promos). I think it's meant to let them farm instances easier.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Thank you for posting.

I always pay a lot of attention to new update news myself. so im sure many others do as well.

Thanks.​​
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Looks like this update will be coming to CN on the 17th of November so we should see more concrete details by then.

https://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20211101/84186.shtml
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • tara#6530
    tara#6530 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Venomancer Fox form converts magic attack into physical attack ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That on paper sounds pretty damn interesting.

also if malefic crush has shared cd with nova , It must be 30s I guess ?!?!?!
  • kakadiyas
    kakadiyas Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    WOW , remodel for venos (and barbs) ....

edit : HD models i should say.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »

This only exists in our version, on pwcn's version pve is actually a lot more difficult because they don't have jone's blessings and their r9 is what we call r9-4th which is really r9-3CN. That is why it is a weaker upgrade that no one gets because losing 100 main stat and all the other stat bonuses is a downgrade.

The reason for these changes was because westerners don't farm/grind as hard as the chinese players. It isn't normal for a western person to have to spend hours/days/weeks/months doing the same thing over and over.
  • sumucheng#4456
    tara#6530 wrote: »

also if malefic crush has shared cd with nova , It must be 30s I guess ?!?!?!

Only if you glyph it green.
  • aceabc
    aceabc Posts: 4 Arc User
    Can I get clarification on undine strike skill for wizard? Does the update mean that the genie spark will be removed from undine strike? Or will the genie spark still be there, but only the "60% fire/earth/water" is replaced with 60% elemental ?
  • sumucheng#4456
    aceabc wrote: »
    Can I get clarification on undine strike skill for wizard? Does the update mean that the genie spark will be removed from undine strike? Or will the genie spark still be there, but only the "60% fire/earth/water" is replaced with 60% elemental ?

You keep the spark effect, I updated the chart in case it's confusing.
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    People posted these in a forum

Tech
    0daefa24b899a9016a21e0db58950a7b0308f561.png

BM
    286d2987e950352a1f84151e0e43fbf2b3118b59.png

Wiz
    13772a01213fb80e8dc453c16bd12f2eb9389429.png

• sumucheng#4456
    It looks like PWCN is going to release specific details by race, one race per day I think? I'll update this thread day by day.

Also found out the skill icon for the mob amp damage skill is Extreme Poison.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Was pinged about this thread

I spent years trying to get this specific change:
    IQfkcCw.png

People in PVE squads would get angry at you for overwriting HF with a BV. There was never a good reason for them not to stack considering BV is not particularly strong and similar amps don't overwrite HF. With this Archer would be a lot more relevant to the PVE squad damage meta.

It looks like they are also helping out other neglected classes like wiz and psychic with similar pve squad buffs.
    Too bad this is happening so late in the game's life cycle.
  • blazorgirl
    blazorgirl Posts: 11 Arc User
    Okay uploaded all the classes. The monkey skill is tricky because we don't know the English name yet, to see the full list of my original translation, click this link.

thank you for translation. I do have a couple of questions. The supercell translation is a bit unclear because you mention "Removes the chance to cost only 50 chi" is that saying the 25% chance to cast another supercell for half the dd gone or does that effect not cost 50 chi? For lunar blessing is the 180->120 mean each lvl is 15 seconds to which 120 seconds is lvl10? If there is perhaps a photo similar to how the translation of bm and wiz up there was done that would be helpful. The ice bullet change i am curious if the disarm/silence adds 1 second to current one meaning lvl8 would become 2.5 seconds vs 1.5.

• claude#9290
    claude#9290 Posts: 13 Arc User
    ! will this PWCN update be the next update on PWI? Or a different one(from an older discussion-post)?
  • hokker#1570
    edited November 2021
    ! will this PWCN update be the next update on PWI? Or a different one(from an older discussion-post)?

This update here will take a time to reach PWI.
    Our next update is the same PWRU announced that will come this month, the Monkey (Wanderer) update https://pw.mail.ru/news.php?article=7955

Here's a thread I talked about other content that will come in our next update https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1211076/pwcn-update-coming-03-31-21/p1?new=1
  • sumucheng#4456
    blazorgirl wrote: »

thank you for translation. I do have a couple of questions. The supercell translation is a bit unclear because you mention "Removes the chance to cost only 50 chi" is that saying the 25% chance to cast another supercell for half the dd gone or does that effect not cost 50 chi? For lunar blessing is the 180->120 mean each lvl is 15 seconds to which 120 seconds is lvl10? If there is perhaps a photo similar to how the translation of bm and wiz up there was done that would be helpful. The ice bullet change i am curious if the disarm/silence adds 1 second to current one meaning lvl8 would become 2.5 seconds vs 1.5.

So these translations are from a power point slide deck, there's no in game footage or gameplay experience i can draw on. The raw text mentions the wording for the 25% proc is removed. I don't play any other class so idk how they work.

Please also read my text in the main post:
    Update!
    It looks like they'll release exact numbers of the skill updates by race, probably 1 race per day. I'll keep updating these until all the races are updated.
  • blazorgirl
    blazorgirl Posts: 11 Arc User
    blazorgirl wrote: »

So these translations are from a power point slide deck, there's no in game footage or gameplay experience i can draw on. The raw text mentions the wording for the 25% proc is removed. I don't play any other class so idk how they work.

Please also read my text in the main post:
    Update!
    It looks like they'll release exact numbers of the skill updates by race, probably 1 race per day. I'll keep updating these until all the races are updated.

i see so likely remove the whole thing. odd but thanks

• claude#9290
    claude#9290 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2021

This update here will take a time to reach PWI.
    Our next update is the same PWRU announced that will come this month, the Monkey (Wanderer) update https://pw.mail.ru/news.php?article=7955

Here's a thread I talked about other content that will come in our next update https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1211076/pwcn-update-coming-03-31-21/p1?new=1

TYSM for answering ^_^
  • sumucheng#4456
    asterelle wrote: »
    Was pinged about this thread

I spent years trying to get this specific change:
    IQfkcCw.png

People in PVE squads would get angry at you for overwriting HF with a BV. There was never a good reason for them not to stack considering BV is not particularly strong and similar amps don't overwrite HF. With this Archer would be a lot more relevant to the PVE squad damage meta.

It looks like they are also helping out other neglected classes like wiz and psychic with similar pve squad buffs.
    Too bad this is happening so late in the game's life cycle.

There was a joke on PWCN forums about how if they made archers relevant for instances, the player base would double (before this patch). Now that Archers are buffed, the running joke is all the Archers "crawling out of the gutters" to come back to play.

Also, updated post with Veno and Barbarian skills! A lot of new details, and quite a few surprising stat buffs for the untamed classes.
  • hokker#1570
    Just some observation.
    I was trying to translate some skills and noticed there are skills translated wrong and some effects missing
  • sumucheng#4456
    Just some observation.
    I was trying to translate some skills and noticed there are skills translated wrong and some effects missing

list them so I can update the images.
  • hokker#1570
    edited November 2021
    Just some observation.

right.
    The 20% buff, Bm, Seeker, Archer also have it
    Parasitic Nova changed effect to Extreme Poison and Malefic Crush got a 30% Extreme Poison too and it is the one that scales up to 50%

unknown.png
  • sumucheng#4456
    Just some observation.

right.
    Parasitic Nova changed effect to Extreme Poison and Malefic Crush got a 30% Extreme Poison too and it is the one that scales up to 50%

unknown.png

Fixed the BM skill description but I'm going to wait for the elven/earthguard skills stats before I go through all of it again.
  • hokker#1570
    Just some observation.

right.

unknown.png

Fixed the BM skill description but I'm going to wait for the elven/earthguard skills stats before I go through all of it again.

Thanks, just one more thing, I'm not that good in this language but about the Technician debuff, I understood the actual debuff will work just against players and the new one against monster however I can be wrong or they could've typed wrong
    unknown.png
    unknown.png