Have you or someone that you know of managed to acquire end game under these conditions?

vyzt#2309
vyzt#2309 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
What I considered end game:
  • Rank 9 (3rd Cast)
  • Rank 8 (either for chan or aps set)
  • +10 to +12 refines on every gear except tome
  • Deity/JOSD shards
  • all active & passive skills acquired
  • NW necklace
  • NW or Arigora rings
  • 91+ LP genie or something similar
  • emperor tome (possibly refined to +3 min and +6 max)
  • maxed culti
  • CoM(Crown of Madness) and WoA(Wings of Ascension)
  • RB 2 and maxed lvl cards, either A or S rarity
  • maxed meridian

To further elaborate what these conditions are:
  • either F2P from start to end or cashed no more than 500 bucks to reach end game
  • plays the game casually (2-3 hours per day with the exceptions of weekends)
  • total playtime of 2-3 years
  • no alt army except alts that are used for putting up catshops or opening instances (alts that does dailies or does more than catshop and opener is considered to be an army alts)

It would also be nice if you can share some tips and tricks which helps get end game faster. My friends and I decided to come back to the game and invest our time with the hope of reaching end game under these conditions.
Post edited by vyzt#2309 on

Have you or someone that you know of managed to acquire end game under these conditions? 17 votes

Yes, I have managed to acquire end game under these conditions.
29%
plushie666joshdarnit#5803iseeucampinghmmnmmmwinterfox#2391 5 votes
Yes, I know someone who managed to acquire end game under these conditions.
17%
slivafgunter#5451newcommer#8979 3 votes
I'm still working on getting myself end game under these conditions.
5%
meow101 1 vote
Someone I know is still working on getting end game under these conditions.
5%
chipsr01#2846 1 vote
No, neither I nor someone I know haven't managed to acquire end game under these conditions.
41%
widowdeeraincloudazureberries#5531towliethe7williamjimbamsameddolbenbron#5151 7 votes

Comments

• vyzt#2309
    Seeing the Replies to Views ratio of 0 to 95 as of the time posting this comment, it seems like the players in the forums aren't active enough to participate in my poll. Either that or the conditions themselves are too much for players to reach end game due to the game's extremely P2W aspects.

I was hoping to get at least a bit of data from player's answers in my poll in order to get an idea if reaching end game meanwhile adhering to these conditions is plausible at all. I guess I'll just wait for a couple more days and then give up on this poll if there is still no progress.
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 60 Arc User
    Ive been playing for about 3 years. My first year i was ultra casual so im not sure if it would fall under what youre looking for. Also i have a couple of alts i enjoy playing and occasionally use to help my main (i.e my cleric was used to help me with vit mobs). I never went the com route as i found the upgraded base helm to suit my needs as a mage better. Im not full diety either but slowly working on it. I haven't cashed a single cent in this game either.

If you do plan on coming back with friends, you will have an easier time. About a year ago they made leveling up far easier and you get free qsm gear to get you started just by questing. We also now have a master apprentice system and each week the apprentices gets a pack that gives 50 mystical pill and nuema food and 3k rep. Apprentice title quests also give you a free jungle belt and morai weapon which can be used as you work on your endgame gear. When you hit rb1 100 you can enter fs and can get 5k rep per fsd or work towards r8 gear. Once you hit rb2 100, Vit mobs can be done as a group to level your boundary faster. Farming would be easier as well. I would recommend joining a faction that does trials. Each trial chest has a chance to drop artifacts to help you craft an s card set. Training runs should hopefully help you learn the dungeons before you go off on your own. We also now have g17 gear with 3 separate casts. First cast can be upgraded from r8 armor. Or you can go straight from r9r4 to g17r3. G17r3 is the strongest armor in game at this time.

For weapons, i would strongly recommend working on your homestead and get the prosperity up to work on g17 weapon, as well as mwt for the fourth casts. Mwt can be entered once you reach rb2 100. G17 weapon can be purely farmed and doesnt necessarily require the cash shop (however it does help when you're going for the final cast).
  • vyzt#2309
    meow101 wrote: »
    Ive been playing for about 3 years. My first year i was ultra casual so im not sure if it would fall under what youre looking for. Also i have a couple of alts i enjoy playing and occasionally use to help my main (i.e my cleric was used to help me with vit mobs). I never went the com route as i found the upgraded base helm to suit my needs as a mage better. Im not full diety either but slowly working on it. I haven't cashed a single cent in this game either.
    While my friends and I won't be planning on making army alts, it's good to know that throughout your 3 year journey, you've gotten pretty far despite not spending a single cent in the game.

If you do plan on coming back with friends, you will have an easier time. About a year ago they made leveling up far easier and you get free qsm gear to get you started just by questing. We also now have a master apprentice system and each week the apprentices gets a pack that gives 50 mystical pill and nuema food and 3k rep. Apprentice title quests also give you a free jungle belt and morai weapon which can be used as you work on your endgame gear. When you hit rb1 100 you can enter fs and can get 5k rep per fsd or work towards r8 gear. Once you hit rb2 100, Vit mobs can be done as a group to level your boundary faster. Farming would be easier as well. I would recommend joining a faction that does trials. Each trial chest has a chance to drop artifacts to help you craft an s card set. Training runs should hopefully help you learn the dungeons before you go off on your own. We also now have g17 gear with 3 separate casts. First cast can be upgraded from r8 armor. Or you can go straight from r9r4 to g17r3. G17r3 is the strongest armor in game at this time.
    Never heard of this master apprentice feature before but seeing the rewards for doing it, it's definitely worth a try. Also, thanks for letting me know that the end game armor can be obtained via many paths and not just a single one. We may still be far out thinking about G17 but knowing that there are other options to reach there is always good to know beforehand.

For weapons, i would strongly recommend working on your homestead and get the prosperity up to work on g17 weapon, as well as mwt for the fourth casts. Mwt can be entered once you reach rb2 100. G17 weapon can be purely farmed and doesnt necessarily require the cash shop (however it does help when you're going for the final cast).
    Oh, wow! The game provides a dungeon which helps the players farm mats for their end game weapon huh? Despite hearing all the bad updates that they have done over the years (mainly removing aspects that helps F2P players and just focusing their attention to their CS'ers), this is quite a refreshing news. Although, knowing that this dungeon provides end game mats, I'm guessing that you have to "no-life" farm the hell out of this to see progress.
  • hmmnmmm
    hmmnmmm Posts: 6 Arc User
    I previously attained a good portion of this many years back on my original account, mainly around the introduction to g16 where I farmed my **** off in TT (using up all 8 hours of earning time each day). I managed to get full r9s3 +12 this way minus the gems, if that counts.

I recently game back to the game on a different account/server, and I would say it is highly unlikely that anyone could attain this level of power without an upfront investment to begin working the market or by having a group of powerful people willing to help with endgame content and still split the rewards (DUP, 4-1, etc).

This is somewhat subjective though. With what I think is a relatively small amount (less than the amount mentioned here) I've managed to gear up a character that can do endgame pve with ease and have a very strong market portfolio to 'passively' make money.

As for pvp, requiring g17s4 or r9s4 and full +3 gems? Yeah I'd rather pvp in a different game xD
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    I did it in almost 2years with a veno.
    I woud say it will cost you more then 500bucks, but then again veno is an expensive class ofcourse.

Its not the best end gear available but good enough to do all instances and dont die all the time.

So go for it :)

Have a good day all!
  • meow101
    vyzt#2309 wrote: »
    Oh, wow! The game provides a dungeon which helps the players farm mats for their end game weapon huh? Despite hearing all the bad updates that they have done over the years (mainly removing aspects that helps F2P players and just focusing their attention to their CS'ers), this is quite a refreshing news. Although, knowing that this dungeon provides end game mats, I'm guessing that you have to "no-life" farm the hell out of this to see progress.

Actually you can't really no life mwt. The rewards are quest based not drop based and it's once per day. It also gives you a buff that mimicks end game gear (you'll sometimes hear it being referred to BoS gear) so things like passives and glyphs matter but not your gear. You can speed up your weapon progress with a homestead (though people tend to have alt armies just for hs purposes). If you do decide to work on your homesteads as a group, make sure all masteries are covered among your friends (furnishing, construction, decoration and handcraft). Itll help you with the daily homestead quests as you wont need to buy recipes from other players.
  • vyzt#2309
    hmmnmmm wrote: »
    I recently game back to the game on a different account/server, and I would say it is highly unlikely that anyone could attain this level of power without an upfront investment to begin working the market or by having a group of powerful people willing to help with endgame content and still split the rewards (DUP, 4-1, etc).
    What made you come back to the game and change servers as well as not play your original account?

This is somewhat subjective though. With what I think is a relatively small amount (less than the amount mentioned here) I've managed to gear up a character that can do endgame pve with ease and have a very strong market portfolio to 'passively' make money.
    It would be nice to know your plan on how to efficient reach end game especially since you mentioned that you decided to start playing in another account.

As for pvp, requiring g17s4 or r9s4 and full +3 gems? Yeah I'd rather pvp in a different game xD
    It's so sad to see players feel like they have to play another game just so they can experience PvP. PWI shouldn't make you feel like that as PvP is also part of the game and should be viable to everyone and not just the people who either spend their lifetime farming or cashed out ridiculous amount of real money.
  • vyzt#2309
    Actually you can't really no life mwt. The rewards are quest based not drop based and it's once per day. It also gives you a buff that mimicks end game gear (you'll sometimes hear it being referred to BoS gear) so things like passives and glyphs matter but not your gear. You can speed up your weapon progress with a homestead (though people tend to have alt armies just for hs purposes). If you do decide to work on your homesteads as a group, make sure all masteries are covered among your friends (furnishing, construction, decoration and handcraft). Itll help you with the daily homestead quests as you wont need to buy recipes from other players.
    I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not that you can only do that instance once a day. One side means that if you do it once a day, it gives you more time to work on other things but on the other side, it limits you on how fast you can acquire enough mats for your gears.
  • meow101
    edited October 2021
    There are two ways to farm that weapon.
    1. You can run daily mwt (which guarantees iron, blood and jades and has a chance at zenith shard and wood).
    2. You can work on your homestead. The level of your homestead and the prosperity determine how fast you can farm them (this is where the "no lifeing" and alt armies come in). I think it takes just under a year of just hs dailies to get a g17r3 weapon (which is comparable somewhat to r9 weapon). Thats assuming you get your hs up and running with 4050 prosperity to farm woods for third cast and don't miss a day and do 0 mwt.

Alts speed up the mat collections for irons and bloods. For the fourth cast you do need zenith skulls. The old way required only upd runs and it was one shard per run (you need 10 shards for one skull, and 25 skulls for r4) but mwt makes that easier too (and far cheaper than paying people for zenith shards). You did provide a timeline of 2 to 3 years. Homesteads have a fairly low level requirement. I think its non rb level 80. You should be able to farm the r3 or r4 within that timeline.

Edit: Also in the next expansion we will be getting a dungeon rebalancing. It'll be easier to farm first and second cast that way as well.
  • vyzt#2309
    There are two ways to farm that weapon.
    1. You can run daily mwt (which guarantees iron, blood and jades and has a chance at zenith shard and wood).
    2. You can work on your homestead. The level of your homestead and the prosperity determine how fast you can farm them (this is where the "no lifeing" and alt armies come in). I think it takes just under a year of just hs dailies to get a g17r3 weapon (which is comparable somewhat to r9 weapon). Thats assuming you get your hs up and running with 4050 prosperity to farm woods for third cast and don't miss a day and do 0 mwt.

Alts speed up the mat collections for irons and bloods. For the fourth cast you do need zenith skulls. The old way required only upd runs and it was one shard per run (you need 10 shards for one skull, and 25 skulls for r4) but mwt makes that easier too (and far cheaper than paying people for zenith shards). You did provide a timeline of 2 to 3 years. Homesteads have a fairly low level requirement. I think its non rb level 80. You should be able to farm the r3 or r4 within that timeline.

Edit: Also in the next expansion we will be getting a dungeon rebalancing. It'll be easier to farm first and second cast that way as well.
    Unlike before when I used to have tons of alts, I don't have the time anymore and me and my friends wanted to spend all of our playing time on our main as much as possible. So, the path where we have to make tons of alts for HS mats is not an option for us but thanks anyways for showing giving us other methods than MWT to farm mats.
  • hmmnmmm
    hmmnmmm Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    vyzt#2309 wrote: »

I came back because I grew up on tab target games and I don't like the new age action orientated mmos. Also, for some reason, I just really enjoy the atmosphere and appeal of perfect world. For all its pitfalls it is a very beautiful game and has reletively stood the test of time in terms of player base.

I switched accounts because I lost access to my main (mixture of false information you tend to use when your a kid really) and I switched servers because I'm in the UK and was on etherblade. The lag is acceptable with a tab targeted game, but the times of the events means more and more sacrifice the older you get. Cant stay up till 5am for NW anymore xD

Starting again hasn't been a big problem at all. I've pretty much caught up to where my main was years ago, if not gone past it minus the gear.

Pvp doesn't really matter much to me in any game, I've never been one for it, I care more about being self sufficient and having enough power to work towards my own goals, with perfect world its a bit of an upfront cost but I consider it worth it for even just a few years of enjoyment. But yeah the state of pvp in perfect world is abysmal.

I think the crux of it is that perfect world is still a good game if you wanna just jump on, you have some upfront money your willing to spend, get powerful and just enjoy it as a sociable environment with stuff to do with other people.

In fact, compared to [other game] which I also play, I think you'd have a much harder time getting into the endgame of that within a year as free to play (you can't "really" p2w there). Time is money after all.
    Post edited by obielle on
  • vyzt#2309
    I switched accounts because I lost access to my main (mixture of false information you tend to use when your a kid really) and I switched servers because I'm in the UK and was on etherblade. The lag is acceptable with a tab targeted game, but the times of the events means more and more sacrifice the older you get. Cant stay up till 5am for NW anymore xD
    I totally feel you on the kid part lol. You had to sometimes used fake age in order to make email provider which you can then use to fill out the "email account" part needed to make game accounts. Plus, being a kid, you get to be creative or just use a lot of X's when naming a character (e.g. xxxNamexxx).

Pvp doesn't really matter much to me in any game, I've never been one for it, I care more about being self sufficient and having enough power to work towards my own goals, with perfect world its a bit of an upfront cost but I consider it worth it for even just a few years of enjoyment. But yeah the state of pvp in perfect world is abysmal.
    Yeah, at the end of the day, a game is made in order for people to enjoy and if a person isn't enjoying playing the game anymore, all it takes is to just uninstall (although, that would take a lot of willpower especially if you've played the game for far too long).
  • chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    Someone I know is still working on getting end game under these conditions.
    I just use my FREE lvl10 armor + weapon as endgear. Can't kill other players but we're all on PvE servers. Mobs and bosses can be killed so just killing vitae mobs if I don't want to do my dailies. I do know a few people who have the endgame stuff but they played since PWI became available while I'm playing 1 year and 2 months at the moment. I could go for rank armor but for my gameplay it's currently not needed.
  • vyzt#2309
    @meow101 @hmmnmmm @plushie666 @chipsr01#2846
    For players who chose the option except the last one, I just have one question: What class did you use when you or someone you know managed to reach or working on end game?

Reason I ask this question is mainly due to two of the conditions which is not having alt army when reaching end game as well as only having 2-3 hours of playtime per day. With these in mind, I can only think of Assassin class who can efficiently farm well fast in order to achieve the goal I have in mind under these conditions.

I got tired playing assassin both in official and private servers mainly due to the fact that if you're not using that class, you're not OP end game as well as farming comparatively slow.

Before that class came out, I enjoyed playing BM but got forced to play Sin just because it's the best class. I also enjoyed playing the new class but that thought of not playing Sin in the back of my head keeps bothering me.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Im playing a venomancer, because its a awesome solo class.
    Almost never needed help.

Sins are good 1vs1 and can attack very fast.
    But even then i farm vitae mobs faster then them with decent aoe skills.
    They got very nerved and will be nerved more in the future. Like they shoud be .
    These days its not that hard to kill sins, especially when your a veno.
    Without there Bloodpaint and lame stealthy skills they actually not worth anything.

Also sins are really boring to play, always the same routine on skills (If they got bloodpaint on ofcourse ;) ) .

I suggest you pick another class maybe better DD aoe class like a BM u played before.

Also a little bird told me they gonna reduce duration of bp to 15secs in next big update.
    So that will make sins only a bait class for my veno.
    But first i wanna see that.
    They changed the mystic class so its all possible :).
    Glad i choose a descent class to play.

Good day all
  • meow101
    I dont play melee toons. I main a stormbringer. Venos, seekers, sbs, and bms are generally higher in demand when it comes to farming for their debuffs.
  • poomeister#0539
    poomeister#0539 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Not gonna tell the process but it deals with alts, lucky coins, action point stones and MBH.Tons are doing it on the daily and its like jolly jones on crack.I know a few who made enough coin to make their s3 r9 from it.Still a gamble but a good gamble...and alllllllll the rich kids are doing it!

its either sell gold,gamble on packs,or the daily method or all..

• vyzt#2309
    plushie666 wrote: »
    Im playing a venomancer, because its a awesome solo class.
    Almost never needed help.

Sins are good 1vs1 and can attack very fast.
    But even then i farm vitae mobs faster then them with decent aoe skills.
    They got very nerved and will be nerved more in the future. Like they shoud be .
    These days its not that hard to kill sins, especially when your a veno.
    Without there Bloodpaint and lame stealthy skills they actually not worth anything.

Also sins are really boring to play, always the same routine on skills (If they got bloodpaint on ofcourse ;) ) .

I suggest you pick another class maybe better DD aoe class like a BM u played before.

Also a little bird told me they gonna reduce duration of bp to 15secs in next big update.
    So that will make sins only a bait class for my veno.
    But first i wanna see that.
    They changed the mystic class so its all possible :).
    Glad i choose a descent class to play.

Good day all

Oh, wow! I didn't know sin will gonna be nerfed like that. I think also saw something when I was browsing the forums that the higher the aps of sin, the higher the dmg reduction is, although I'm not sure if that's true or not.

I was also thinking of playing BM again but I got used to a class that barely misses their skills so I was thinking of playing dex-based class and since I'm bored with sin, I'm left with archer and db. Out of the two, db seems to be better when it comes to aoe and I do love their semi-infinite tp skills, not to mention their paralyze abilities.
  • vyzt#2309
    I dont play melee toons. I main a stormbringer. Venos, seekers, sbs, and bms are generally higher in demand when it comes to farming for their debuffs.

If my experience serves me right, venos and bms are quite an expensive class to play. Veno's end game pets are ridiculously expensive, not to mention the mats you need to "reroll" their stats. As for bm, it's their weapon as well as getting all their skills to upgrade to lvl 11(sage/demon).
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    You have to understand with all MMORPGs it is the effort and time you put into the game that matters. With your conditions of 2-3 hours a day for 2-3 years it is highly doable but you will need to partner up with stronger players and also be lucky.

Your best time to grind the game is during 2x drops and to farm things you know that will make coins. I suggest you stock up on keys and everything until a 2x happens and just allocate time to farm it like a mad man.

Merchanting is the biggest quality you can learn when it comes to making coin in the game. Never ever buy packs because packs are just a loss in the long run no matter what you do. Your best option is to buy the items that packs drop when they have huge pack sales. Buy them cheap and sell them a few weeks down the line for more. Watch for new content and prepare the items that the new expansion will need lots of and resell. For example I know lots of people who saw the codex update coming so they invested millions into fashion/mounts/pets and now they are up 1000x just because of the codex system.

Right now the hot items are g17 weapon + armor mats. You should focus on farming those and selling them while they are expensive.

CSers are your best friends, they are impatient and will spend boat loads for items and mats. Find the ones that will and farm and sell to them. Another thing is to befriend them to buy cheap discounted gold because they probably don't have the time or patience to worldchat selling gold and trying to work out math.