PSA - Feather and Dream Dragon Item Issues

Options
obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
UPDATE: Feather Dragon items have been fixed and no longer seem to disappear upon relogging and trading. It's safe to use your seeds and take the items out of HS storage now.

Unfortunately, the Transmute option is still not available at the Dreamweaver Elder. Because it can still possibly be added in the future, you can try to hold onto the items if you've got the space to do so. My guess is they might not disappear until around the 20th of September.

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw this thread up here to let you guys know that the items required to complete the Feather Dragon's daily quest are expiring prematurely - seems someone didn't change the date from December 8th, 2020...

At the moment, I'd recommend that you hold onto the HS seeds you'll receive but don't use them yet. Thankfully each seed takes only 10 seconds to grow so it won't be too painful to hold onto them. If you do use them, they might stay in your HS storage without expiring as long as you don't take them out.

I currently have a ticket open to hopefully get this resolved along with other potential upcoming issues with the event. If you guys have any other feedback or issues you've come across with the event feel free to post here and I can forward it along with the other info I have.

EDIT: Receiving reports that the items disappear on trade, but do not disappear if you put them in a catshop. They will absolutely disappear if you try to put them in the bank or anywhere similar.

UPDATES:
1. Staff are investigating the issue(s) I've sent to them regarding items expiring and such. I have no other information at this time.

2. There is potentially an issue with the items from the Dream Dragon daily quest where they also expire. I have not been able to confirm this so if someone could that'd be great. Details: when completing the quest, you will receive 5x Treasures Under the Sea. These items are unaffected. When opening them, you'll receive random "quest items" that can be exchanged for war avatar packs/chests if you have the right combos. The "quest items" also have an expiration date of December 8th, 2020 and so might also disappear upon logging off or going to NR. They cannot be traded, so I'd recommend hoarding the chests until later and using them all at once when you feel ready to exchange items. EDIT: No issues here, from what I'm being told.

3. There is another issue with the Dream Dragon daily quest. Some of the aforementioned "quest items" cannot be used to exchange for war avatar packs/chests, and are supposed to be transmuted at the Dreamweaver Elder, however there is no such option. The items can be transmuted for experience, so you're not missing out on a lot unless you really wanna level I guess.
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• fototoll#8198
    fototoll#8198 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    but how to make it work? there is no Information where they shoud be exchanged
  • obielle
    Options

Usually the items would just be automatically consumed if you have the correct combination, but it's a little bit hard to get that if they disappear when you change maps or d/c or something.

These are the combinations in case anyone is gonna stash the items in their HS storage to instantly take out for rewards:
    • Bell of Garment x1: You, Yes, My, Celebrate, Perfect, Character Mei, Character Shi, World
    • Dragon Tamer Lasso x1: 14, Anniversary, Year, Character Shi, World, Have, You, N/A, Perfect, Character Mei
    • Royal Glow Fan x1: Perfect, Character Mei, Realm, International, Birth, Day, Fast, Happy

• zyon123#8839
    zyon123#8839 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options

^^

• obielle
    Options
    Oh, if you guys mean the Bell of Garment, Dragon Tamer Lasso, and the Royal Glow fan, these can be exchanged at the NPCs in northwest Archosaur around (528, 680). You can use the items as materials to transmute fashion, flyers, and mounts.

If you mean the seeds you receive, they are planted in your Homestead like other normal seeds in your Fragrance Garden.

If you mean other items, see my reply above.

• puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    >.< tried to put it in bank and it went poof upon logging off.
  • widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Mine poofed too. I'm submitting a ticket but didn't get any screenshots to include.
  • widowdee
    Options
    Now the question arises - Can I put the flowers in my safe without having them disappear when I log off?
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Some of mine vanished also :#
    B)
  • obielle
    Options
    widowdee wrote: »
    Now the question arises - Can I put the flowers in my safe without having them disappear when I log off?

Yes, you should be able to do that. I've relogged multiple times with the flowers in my inventory and they are still there so I imagine they should stay in your bank as well.

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Need some clarification: when you say change maps do you mean just the world maps or is HS included? HS is considered a map change by the game, but then you mention the thing about catshop, and to that effect, is changing from 1 HS to another considered a map change? Also is the quest actually completable if you manage to get all the words for a reward into your inventory w/o changing maps? Would think you'd get a "incorrect time " message senerio if they expiring specifically bc they are set for the wrong date.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • obielle
    Options
    Need some clarification: when you say change maps do you mean just the world maps or is HS included? HS is considered a map change by the game, but then you mention the thing about catshop, and to that effect, is changing from 1 HS to another considered a map change? Also is the quest actually completable if you manage to get all the words for a reward into your inventory w/o changing maps? Would think you'd get a "incorrect time " message senerio if they expiring specifically bc they are set for the wrong date.

So I haven't really tested this (though I should), what I was being told was they disappear specifically if you go into NR so I assume it's just when you're crossing over to another server since it has you log off/on. The quests themselves aren't affected (they all have the correct start/end dates) so everything works fine there if you get all the right items. I can confirm that other people have been able to complete the quests even with these restrictions.

• obielle
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Just a few updates:

1. Staff are investigating the issue(s) I've sent to them regarding items expiring and such. I have no other information at this time.

2. There is potentially an issue with the items from the Dream Dragon daily quest where they also expire. I have not been able to confirm this so if someone could that'd be great. Details: when completing the quest, you will receive 5x Treasures Under the Sea. These items are unaffected. When opening them, you'll receive random "quest items" that can be exchanged for war avatar packs/chests if you have the right combos. The "quest items" also have an expiration date of December 8th, 2020 and so might also disappear upon logging off or going to NR. They cannot be traded, so I'd recommend hoarding the chests until later and using them all at once when you feel ready to exchange items. EDIT: No issues here, from what I'm being told.

3. There is another issue with the Dream Dragon daily quest. Some of the aforementioned "quest items" cannot be used to exchange for war avatar packs/chests, and are supposed to be transmuted at the Dreamweaver Elder, however there is no such option. The items can be transmuted for experience, so you're not missing out on a lot unless you really wanna level I guess.

With all that said, let me include the items needed for the rewards for Dream Dragon daily.
    • C Pack x300: Lan's Diary, Hsi's Sachet (take quest at Winged Elf Hsi in north Archosaur)
    • S Chest x1: Bloodjade Grail, Core Soulgem, Cyan Wand (take quest at Fang the Scholar at Orchid Temple)
    • A Chest x10: Knot of Love, Knot of Hatred (take quest at Celestial Elder outside Lunar Glade)

Note that you can only acquire each reward once.
    Post edited by obielle on

• gotin123
    gotin123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Is normall what evrything is bugged.PWI devloper only make copy/paste of PW CN code.You need some knowledge to change the code ,but look like they dont have!!!
  • tara#6530
    tara#6530 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    I am unable to click on the dream dragon orb/option in the event interface . Do I need to finish staying online for 28 hours to progress ahead ? ? ?
  • sakti#1598
    sakti#1598 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »

Wow, how interesting. At first, the stage with obtaining styles was violated. But the players found ways to get around all the mistakes and gradually began to receive rewards.
    Now we have interrupted the stage with obtaining the s-war avatar by disabling the converter of unnecessary items from the NPC. As a result of my attempt to open today: only 1 necessary item fell out of 5 boxes, the rest are unnecessary items. Considering that you need 7 different useful items, and there are 6 days left before end the event, I have a feeling that I will not receive any rewards at all from this stage. Maybe there will be lucky people who will receive all the rewards of the avatar war, but how many people like me will not receive anything or only part of the reward? And the admin tells us that everything is fine: instead of cards, you will get quests for a little experience. THANK YOU, PWI.
    I'm just wondering: is glyph 9, which everyone is trying so hard to get, also "completely unexpectedly" will be broken, and the players will not get anything? And why was the event disrupted in pwi, but in China-pw and in ru-pw, the event was held without complications? The fact that the event was included in the pwi in general is it just such a funny joke and a hint that to get something useful you need to go to the shop with real money?
  • widowdee
    Options
    This is pretty bad when a quest chain is implemented with so many problems and so much of it broken. Can't the people responsible for these things get their stuff together? I was excited to finally have a cool anniversary event to do only to be disappointed when so many of the rewards can't be obtained. And I also think it really stinks that part of the rewards require gold to awaken them. Not everyone can be a cash player since some places will not allow gold to be purchased for the game.

Just mark me disgusted for now. Hopefully this will all be fixed and those of us who were diligent in doing the quests will get the rewards indicated.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    What are we supposed to do with the items from the Dream dragon? Just hold on to them?
    B)
  • obielle
    Options
    raincloud wrote: »
    What are we supposed to do with the items from the Dream dragon? Just hold on to them?

Yeah pretty much. I'm not sure if they'll get to this fix in time or not but best to wait and see if they do anything when maintenance comes.

• azra#6116
    azra#6116 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Items(HS words)can be traded by dropping them on ground,from bank they disappear(friend loose them from bank,and she didnt re-log,maybe she went Xserver during NW,forget to ask,its same as NR).
  • antoine199
    antoine199 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    In any case it's cool to see that the game in which we put thousands of euros and not able to release its own ANNIVERSARY event without half of them buging and that the players are pissed in the face with "we'll wait to see what they say" when we all know that there will be nothing like the other years.They're going to send us 3 **** by email saying "look you lost 3 items at 200m and S packs but we're giving you super boost xp and 999 keys instead, oh yeah and sorry" damn it. Please rehire real modo's who make the server live with events like in 2014 and who could solve our problems, thx.

Have a nice day,
    someone who is fed up
  • obielle
    Options
    Update though it's not much more info than before. They're hoping to get things fixed, but they don't know if things will be fixed in time for this maintenance or not. Again, we'll have to see.

Also please note that I'm just a player volunteer, not a member of staff.

• antoine199
    antoine199 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    When I opened a ticket to support for this problem the "senior gm" redirected me to this thread with a link, so it means several things...
    Either the "gm and senior gm" are just volunteer players too, not staff members and therefore it's useless to talk to them because they can't answer you "officially".
    Or it's stupid staff members who can't explain you and redirect you to a player's thread?

I have nothing against you in particular, it's just pwi that makes me laugh and stop trying to understand
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
    Options
    hello I did not got event reward of ( Dream Dragon's Gift ) it just say its completet , the reward is ( War Avatar Chest : S ) X 1 ( War Avartar Chest : A ) X 10 ( War Avatar Pack : C ) X 300 )

What went wrong and what to do
  • azra#6116
    azra#6116 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    Dream Dragon circle can be opened if you click on right side,between circle and name,some two item combination gives reward of Dream dragon,read descripton of item when opened.
    4 example,Knot of love and hatred give 10A chests at Cele Elder,Roky Valey

• obielle
    Options
    Update: It looks like the Feather Dragon item issue has been fixed. I've relogged and traded 11 of the cards personally with none disappearing. I'll edit my first post but it's safe for you to use your seeds and take the items out of the HS storage now.

Unfortunately, the Transmute option is still not available at the Dreamweaver Elder. Because it can still possibly be added in the future, you can try to hold onto the items if you've got the space to do so. My guess is they might not disappear until around the 20th of September.

• affinityjjl
    affinityjjl Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked and I missed it.. how do we get back the words we lost?
  • defeckt1t0
    defeckt1t0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Well I dont know what is happening wih this Quest but after transmutation of the "Royal Glow Fan" that I got with the "Words" cards, I got 1 Ironjade Plume for my Technician, but when I went to put it into my codex, the flyer just dissapeared from my inventory.
  • ramjett59
    ramjett59 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    how are we to get the 9th scale when one can't log in cause there's only 7 days
  • raketengesicht
    raketengesicht Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    defeckt1t0 wrote: »
    Well I dont know what is happening wih this Quest but after transmutation of the "Royal Glow Fan" that I got with the "Words" cards, I got 1 Ironjade Plume for my Technician, but when I went to put it into my codex, the flyer just dissapeared from my inventory.

check flyer tab in your inventory
  • raketengesicht
    raketengesicht Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    Update though it's not much more info than before. They're hoping to get things fixed, but they don't know if things will be fixed in time for this maintenance or not. Again, we'll have to see.

Also please note that I'm just a player volunteer, not a member of staff.

ty for being around obielle, much appreciated <3