PWI Dawnlight - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

Options
2»

Comments

• ladyricana
    ladyricana Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    The Good: One more instance to get g17 mats. Updated Visuals. And you can switch between the modes.

The Bad: I don't feel any worse things, since the Silver Coin and Gold Coin introduction and the reduction of BH silver coin rewards.

The Broken: I have experienced on 64bit client crashes close to BMs. I don't know if that particular BM was leaping or if it was just his Flyer "Crane Song" that made me crash. Because there is no reason for a BM to leap next to an NPC in Archosaur, when he stands close to it. Also i want to point out, that there is some things that are broken and not tended to.
    For example the walk animation from untamed class in their beast form is broken. They slide instead of walk. And also when they do This War o Mine, that Backpack that used to sit on their bags is now hanging below the feet. As a Venomancer main that is bothering my eyes.
    Then there is the cultivation pillars from the celestial saint cultivation that are hovering roughly 2 meters above the ground in various locations.
  • bangbang#0698
    bangbang#0698 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    For this update I'll need help with testing new skills and skill changes. I believe there are some bugs relating to them in this update. As well as this, it'll help me figure out exactly which patch we are at. If anyone could help with confirming any of these, I'd be really grateful. The very last skill fixes (that can easily be tested) were to the Assassin's new combined skill and the Blademaster's ∑Vajra(?) and Sanguine ΨBlade Tornado.

These are the current issues that I'm aware of:
    • Mystic's ΨFalling Petals Golden Glyph has an incorrect cooldown.
    • Assassin's ΨToxic Torrent Ethereal Glyph does not work correctly with any combination of glyphs or Hit Charges. If the duration of the disarm debuff is less than 2 seconds, the skill will not work. This means that you will need at least 4 Hit Charges at the lowest level for the skill to work properly.

and here's a CN list of things that need to be checked if there's issues or not. Hopefully I've translated them correctly. Some of them are lvl 3 ultis which might take a while to be checked, but figured I'd list them anyway.
    Blademaster:
    • ∑Charge: Does the skill description match the effect? Should be "paralyzed for 3 seconds".
    • Φ/ΩStar Smite: Does the skill correctly recover 30 Chi?
    • ΨBlade Tornado: Does the skill description correctly state that you use skills, normal attacks, and Genie skills while casting this skill?
    • ΔValkyrie's Might (level 3?): Does this skill correctly recover Chi? From what I've translated, it should be 1 spark per second, and full sparks (4 sparks) after casting.
    • ∑Vajra? (original was 至·金刚): Does the immunity buff disappear when switching maps? (it shouldn't)
    • Sanguine ΨBlade Tornado: Does this skill properly reduce incoming damage? It should be the same as other glyph versions of the skill.
    Wizard:
    • ɸ/Ω new elemental shield skill: Does the buff disappear when switching maps? Can this buff be purged? (it shouldn't disappear when switching maps and it should be able to be purged iirc)
    • ∑Blinding Blaze: Can this skill still hit the target if it's immune to negative effects? (it shouldn't)
    Venomancer:
    • Argent ΨMalefic Crush: Can this skill purge buffs from a player that is immune to negative effects? Does this skill miss? (it shouldn't to both of those questions)
    Barbarian:
    • ∑Clean Sweep?: Can this skill purge buffs from a player that is immune to negative effects? (it shouldn't)
    • ΨRaging Slap: Can this skill purge buffs from a player that is immune to negative effects? (it shouldn't)
    Archer:
    • ɸ/ΩFeather Armageddon: Are you still able to cast the skill if you are disarmed? (you should be able to)
    • Argent ΨWings of Grace: I could not properly translate this one. Does the increase damage to monster debuff conflict with "the Night Shadow skill [Moon Wing]"? (it shouldn't)
    Edgerunner:
    • ∑Focused Dive: Does this skill properly reset the cooldown for Blade Hell?
    Psychic:
    • Verdant ΨTide Spirit: Is the channeling increase duration correct? I believe this should be 9 seconds.
    • Ethereal ΨRed Tide: CN notes say it used to deal incorrect skill damage, but I don't know further details than that.
    Mystic:
    • Energy Leech: Does the summon's effects take effect on squad members? This can be tested with ɸ/ΩDevil Chihyu, ɸ/ΩStorm Mistress, or ɸ/ΩSalvation.
    • ΔVoidbringer (not sure if level 3 or all versions) - Can the mystic "play actions" when using Voidbringer while flying? Not sure what "play actions" means.
    Seeker:
    • Ethereal ΨYataghan Vortex: Does the glyph effect correctly reduce your cooldown to 180/150/120/90 seconds?
    Assassin:
    • Ethereal ΨThroatcut: does the skill properly apply the "amplify damage taken by the target" debuff?
    • ΔMaster of Shadows (level 3): Does this skill correctly restore 5 Hit Charges per second?
    • Φ/Ω new combined Tidal Protection/Focused Mind: Do you gain Chi when using this skill? I think it should be 10 Chi Gain.

I'm having the same problem with DB reaper form. How come you haven't added it to your list?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with DB reaper form. How come you haven't added it to your list?

The lists in that post were obtained from other sources (patch notes from CN and RU) and needed to be tested for confirmation. Neither of them seemed to contain information on the Reaper Form issue, but I've added it to my list on my main post now. I'll have to check some more sources to see if the issue will be fixed in a future update, but will pass it forward to staff regardless.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • shulzz#2894
    shulzz#2894 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »

The lists in that post were obtained from other sources (patch notes from CN and RU) and needed to be tested for confirmation. Neither of them seemed to contain information on the Reaper Form issue, but I've added it to my list on my main post now. I'll have to check some more sources to see if the issue will be fixed in a future update, but will pass it forward to staff regardless.

Thanks for the follow up. I'll check back next month to see if devs have at least acknowledged the issue.
  • katerina#5010
    katerina#5010 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    One of the things that isn't really broken but is very unfair to cash shoppers is when fashion is in the boutique but is not tradable once you buy it. I recently purchased the Swimming Dragon male outfit pack for 20 gold for my ingame husband only to find that it isn't tradable. The only way to give this fashion away is to "send" each piece separately to the individual you are buying it for. So, I am out the 20 gold for the pack since I only have female characters plus the additional 20 gold for the purchase of the individual pieces I sent to him. There should never be fashion that you pay real money for that is untradable!
  • widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    One of the things that isn't really broken but is very unfair to cash shoppers is when fashion is in the boutique but is not tradable once you buy it. I recently purchased the Swimming Dragon male outfit pack for 20 gold for my ingame husband only to find that it isn't tradable. The only way to give this fashion away is to "send" each piece separately to the individual you are buying it for. So, I am out the 20 gold for the pack since I only have female characters plus the additional 20 gold for the purchase of the individual pieces I sent to him. There should never be fashion that you pay real money for that is untradable!

I am happy to update this with a good report. I filed a ticket and they refunded the 20 gold for the untradable outfit. I just had to npc it to get it out of my inventory then. Thank you PWI.
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    Options
    Why the random maint? anyone know anything??
  • obielle
    Options
    Why the random maint? anyone know anything??

It was an emergency maint to fix the issue with the Tough Tauren mount, which I assume just means they removed it from the Boutique. I got a message about it earlier but I wasn't around :sweat:

• bangbang#0698
    Options
    @obielle

Have devs acknowledged the issue with Duskblade reaper form yet? That is a massive problem for the class.
  • williamjimbam
    williamjimbam Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Options
    waiting perfect new world
    Post edited by williamjimbam on
  • obielle
    Options
    @obielle

Have devs acknowledged the issue with Duskblade reaper form yet? That is a massive problem for the class.

So with most issues I've been sending to staff, I've been getting similar responses that info will be forwarded to devs but there will not be any fix immediately. Usually they say something around the lines of "it might get fixed in the next expansion" and that's really all the info I get. It would be nice to get actual dev responses even if it's something like "we fixed this issue in a future update" but I don't get that unless I push for follow-ups on issues (with limited ways to communicate with staff). Another reason we need a CM for this game - this is something they should be doing, not some random player.

• bangbang#0698
    Options
    I had no idea you were a rando player lol. Thanks for checking though. I guess i'll expect that it will stay broken forever then.
  • anointedprince#9413
    anointedprince#9413 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    im having a serious issue with the words on my ingame screen being all kinds of warped and unreadable! ive messed with setting but i cant read or make my way around! the only thing i can read is the player names above the character head! Please someone help me fix this! if youve gone through it before help ya buddy out lol
  • azra#6116
    azra#6116 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    When switching glyph's it remove skill's from macros,annoying as hell,this cant be fixed?

• lockdown#9307
    lockdown#9307 Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    Has the duskblade issue been resolved yet?