[EXPANSION MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 6/22/21

Options
obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited July 2021 in Official Announcements
Tonight's the night! The Dawnlight expansion will be released tonight.

Please Note: Please be patient and bear with the team, as US offices are being affected by epidemic precautions.

Maintenance tonight will be starting an hour earlier at 22:00 PT due to the expansion.

* US West (Et/Tw) 6/22/21 - 22:00 * US East (Ti) 6/23/21 - 01:00 * EU (Da) 6/23/21 - 07:00 * UTC 6/23/21 - 05:00 *
All times and dates are approximate to location and use MM/DD/YY

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4-6 hours (or longer due to expansion), so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.
Edit for Patch Notes link here.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Welcome to the Dawnlight waiting room! Anything you're looking forward to with this expansion?

While you're waiting, here's some stuff on what's coming in the next update.

News post - Dawnlight Feature Preview Part 1
News post - Dawnlight Feature Preview Part 2
Expansion preview from PWCN
Skill update preview from PWCN
PWRU's guide on the new dungeon (Moon Watcher Tower)

I'll probably be asleep before or around the time maint starts, so I probably won't be updating things here during the maint.

Oh yes, and here's the expansion website! You can get an Arc Code from there each day. https://www.arcgames.com/en/events/dawnlight
​​
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• obielle
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Bumping because I can.

Just letting you all know that servers will be going down an hour earlier than usual (10pm PT), check the main post for other timezones. EDIT: I was also reminded that this means if you participate in Nation Wars (on Etherblade/Twilight Temple servers at least) then you won't get rewards because the servers will go down before the event can end.

There's an expansion website out as well, where you can get an Arc Code each day! Check it out here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/events/dawnlight

Also, because this happens every major content update...when the patch comes out, do expect things to be slow or even needing to retry downloading the patch - lots of people will be updating at the same time and I guess the system is bad at handling that. If you're running into errors, I can only recommend changing the patch servers and try, try, try again. There is no manual patch as PWI hasn't been doing those for some years.
    Post edited by obielle on

• denichen#3489
    denichen#3489 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    when pwi gold coins can convert to crypto currencies?
  • obielle
    Options
    I've been told servers are up now :) I'm still patching haha

• midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    Options
    I still keep getting this error... :( never seen it before in all the years i've been playing....unknown.png
  • midnightstarrz
    Options
    And i've been trying to download since 7am my time... so for 3 hours now, and yes i swapped patch servers once.
  • teitei#3165
    teitei#3165 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    I still keep getting this error... :( never seen it before in all the years i've been playing....unknown.png

i got this issue too , any clue? shall reinstall pwi?
  • kdcagle#0801
    kdcagle#0801 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Why are our characters going to be deleted if we have more than 8 on an account? When the last merge of servers happened, we were allowed to keep our characters from the 2 servers that were merged. I use all of my characters and don't want any of them to disappear. This is not a fair thing to do to those of us who have played for years on many different characters. Please, don't do this to us!
  • kdcagle#0801
    Options
    Are we going to be reimbursed for all that we have spent on these characters you will randomly delete? Will all of their inventory be made tradable so we don't just lose it? This is an insult to your players!
  • kdcagle#0801
    Options
    And BTW, just when is this server merge supposed to take place? How long do we have to decide for ourselves which characters we want to keep and which ones to delete before PWI MURDERS THEM?
  • midnightstarrz
    Options
    I'm going to assume for now that this is leftover text from China and has no meaning for us at all.
  • midnightstarrz
    Options
    and to further on my downloading of the update issue, it managed to corrupt something on the patcher so i'm currently re-verifying my files... this gonna take a long while... :(
  • obielle
    Options
    For the people unable to update:
    As mentioned in the first post of this thread and the bug thread:
    With every content update, it is normal to run into errors while downloading the patch. There is no manual patch - the only thing you can try is to change the patch server and keep trying over and over until it eventually works, or try again a bit later. This happens because lots of people are downloading the patch at once and the system has trouble handling that.
    There is nothing else that can be done if you are facing errors. Reinstalling PWI may work but you may also just run into the same issues again anyway.

For the people asking about the server merge:
    This has not been confirmed as something that is actually happening. As mentioned before, it is likely leftover text from China (who has...lots of servers). The forum mods will be asking about this to confirm things. If there theoretically was a server merge, your characters would only be affected if you have over 8 characters on the same account. Hovering over the "!" on the message states that an account can save at most 16 characters on a server. If you have anything between 1 character and 8 characters, then you are fine and nothing will happen to your characters.

• midnightstarrz
    edited June 2021
    Options
    been attempting to update for 7 hrs now.... i keep trying tho :( stil frustrating cuz in the near 13 years of playing this is the FIRST time i've ever had this issue

• chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    wrote:
    been attempting to update for 7 hrs now.... i keep trying tho :( stil frustrating cuz in the near 13 years of playing this is the FIRST time i've ever had this issue
    Can't you just abort the downloading and restart Arc? Could be a solution.
    If there theoretically was a server merge, your characters would only be affected if you have over 8 characters on the same account.
    Was just thinking, maybe Passport is ready. Several people I've talked to redeemed the 'website code' but got their character names on both dawnglory as tideswell. Forgot to ask if someone could just check the other server to see if the character was there too.

I like the new update, when checking I noticed we can get new items.

edit:
    There won't be a server merge right now. When they are in the process of introducing the new class we might see a server merge.
    I uploaded an image (not from my character) in another topic here on the forum. You can see the message people got right after maintenance. But I would also refer to the text from our moderators. So for now we're not expecting a merge. While you're reading also check your text "fake title and fake news". The only fake thing for now is your text quoted above.
    Post edited by chipsr01#2846 on
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    There won't be a server merge right now. When they are in the process of introducing the new class we might see a server merge.