PWI Dawnlight - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited October 2021 in Quality Corner
Putting this post up super early since I'll be sleeping before the update is released. Once the update is out, feel free to post your feedback here on things you like/don't like about the expansion. If you encounter any bugs or unmentioned additions/changes from the (future) patch notes, I'd love to see them mentioned here too.

I will be compiling things into a list in this post. If there are bugs, I will be forwarding these to staff.

Here are PWI's patch notes on the update.

Here are PWpedia's patch notes. These are still a work in progress and currently only contain skill additions and skill changes.

Here is the thread in Cabbage Patch Notes which covers multiple sources for the patch notes.

Note: With every content update, it is normal to run into errors while downloading the patch. There is no manual patch - the only thing you can try is to change the patch server and keep trying over and over until it eventually works, or try again a bit later. This happens because lots of people are downloading the patch at once and the system has trouble handling that.

The Good:

The Bad:

The Broken:
  • Mystic's ΨFalling Petals Golden Glyph has an incorrect cooldown.
  • Assassin's ΨToxic Torrent Ethereal Glyph does not work correctly with any combination of glyphs or Hit Charges. If the duration of the disarm debuff is less than 2 seconds, the skill will not work. This means that you will need at least 4 Hit Charges at the lowest level for the skill to work properly.
  • Duskblade's ΨReaper Form is not reducing ranged damage as intended. This has been proven showing Verdant ΨReaper Form in a video.
  • (From a previous update) ●White Voodoo's cooldown is still 8 seconds when the description says 5 seconds. Demon version has the correct cooldown. ɸ/Ω White Voodoo haven't been checked.
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited June 2021
    For this update I'll need help with testing new skills and skill changes. I believe there are some bugs relating to them in this update. As well as this, it'll help me figure out exactly which patch we are at. If anyone could help with confirming any of these, I'd be really grateful. The very last skill fixes (that can easily be tested) were to the Assassin's new combined skill and the Blademaster's ∑Vajra(?) and Sanguine ΨBlade Tornado.

These are the current issues that I'm aware of:
    • Mystic's ΨFalling Petals Golden Glyph has an incorrect cooldown.
    • Assassin's ΨToxic Torrent Ethereal Glyph does not work correctly with any combination of glyphs or Hit Charges. If the duration of the disarm debuff is less than 2 seconds, the skill will not work. This means that you will need at least 4 Hit Charges at the lowest level for the skill to work properly.

and here's a CN list of things that need to be checked if there's issues or not. Hopefully I've translated them correctly. Some of them are lvl 3 ultis which might take a while to be checked, but figured I'd list them anyway.
    Blademaster:
    • ∑Charge: Does the skill description match the effect? Should be "paralyzed for 3 seconds".
    • Φ/ΩStar Smite: Does the skill correctly recover 30 Chi?
    • ΨBlade Tornado: Does the skill description correctly state that you use skills, normal attacks, and Genie skills while casting this skill?
    • ΔValkyrie's Might (level 3?): Does this skill correctly recover Chi? From what I've translated, it should be 1 spark per second, and full sparks (4 sparks) after casting.
    • ∑Vajra? (original was 至·金刚): Does the immunity buff disappear when switching maps? (it shouldn't)
    • Sanguine ΨBlade Tornado: Does this skill properly reduce incoming damage? It should be the same as other glyph versions of the skill.
    Wizard:
    • ɸ/Ω new elemental shield skill: Does the buff disappear when switching maps? Can this buff be purged? (it shouldn't disappear when switching maps and it should be able to be purged iirc)
    • ∑Blinding Blaze: Can this skill still hit the target if it's immune to negative effects? (it shouldn't)
    Venomancer:
    • Argent ΨMalefic Crush: Can this skill purge buffs from a player that is immune to negative effects? Does this skill miss? (it shouldn't to both of those questions)
    Barbarian:
    • ∑Clean Sweep?: Can this skill purge buffs from a player that is immune to negative effects? (it shouldn't)
    • ΨRaging Slap: Can this skill purge buffs from a player that is immune to negative effects? (it shouldn't)
    Archer:
    • ɸ/ΩFeather Armageddon: Are you still able to cast the skill if you are disarmed? (you should be able to)
    • Argent ΨWings of Grace: I could not properly translate this one. Does the increase damage to monster debuff conflict with "the Night Shadow skill [Moon Wing]"? (it shouldn't)
    Edgerunner:
    • ∑Focused Dive: Does this skill properly reset the cooldown for Blade Hell?
    Psychic:
    • Verdant ΨTide Spirit: Is the channeling increase duration correct? I believe this should be 9 seconds.
    • Ethereal ΨRed Tide: CN notes say it used to deal incorrect skill damage, but I don't know further details than that.
    Mystic:
    • Energy Leech: Does the summon's effects take effect on squad members? This can be tested with ɸ/ΩDevil Chihyu, ɸ/ΩStorm Mistress, or ɸ/ΩSalvation.
    • ΔVoidbringer (not sure if level 3 or all versions) - Can the mystic "play actions" when using Voidbringer while flying? Not sure what "play actions" means.
    Seeker:
    • Ethereal ΨYataghan Vortex: Does the glyph effect correctly reduce your cooldown to 180/150/120/90 seconds?
    Assassin:
    • Ethereal ΨThroatcut: does the skill properly apply the "amplify damage taken by the target" debuff?
    • ΔMaster of Shadows (level 3): Does this skill correctly restore 5 Hit Charges per second?
    • Φ/Ω new combined Tidal Protection/Focused Mind: Do you gain Chi when using this skill? I think it should be 10 Chi Gain.
    Post edited by obielle on
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • jessica#0563
    jessica#0563 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Sb, Ed,needs to be nurfed badly they stupid crazy overpowered, and Clerics and Veno's stuns has no cd's they can keep you stunned and soged till help comes there is no way to break sog stun from a cleric and they can stand their spamming u locked in place till u have to log out or they kill off ur 12m hp charm, and u cant even spark or skill or ad over soon as u try to genie ad the ad is 8 sc, sog stun over 20 sec. and they spam this same for veno stuns and there pet i had same on veno's spamming stun and pet to they keep u stunned till death. they tanky already, now u give them more def magic and phy def. 202 def lvs on seeker and maxed out sky lv full+12 r9rr and josd's shards passive done card set done maxed yet i am still getting one shot by these ppl in same gear same shards for 70k to 157k in pvp events. and get stun/sog spammed . this game u all need cds on op skills in pvp. purge once with a pvp cd of 3 second stuns should only be cd of 60 sec sog taken out of pvp.....or dropped to like a seeker stun 4 sec and a 30 sec cd
  • williamjimbam
    williamjimbam Posts: 11 Arc User
    good : new update
    bad : its almost impossible for new player getting decent gear without purchase gold nice job arc (side effect its gonna decreased players base so much)
    broken : warsong bridge still broken even after this patch i believe xD
  • wackycrashb922
    wackycrashb922 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    The Western Steppes zoomed in map appears to be broken for me. I can't zoom in, and cannot scroll. My Quest markers also appear on this map. I have to back out by right clicking or hitting M. The main map doesn't do this, and functions normally (Albeit rather laggily.)

Edit: Upon further investigation, the map works as it should while actually on the Western Steppes map, however the reverse happens. The Midlands map won't zoom, and gets stuck until I back out.
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Like the last big update its looks really promissing. But again way to much in one update.

The new G18 weapons looks amazing. The G17 cast 4 and 5 weapons was out of reach for most people.
    Seems the new G18 will just be a fantasy for the majority of our players.
    This coud had been different, if the devs made it easier to make the G17 weapon series.
    The new instance will not make a big difference to get them faster.

They also introduced new higher level accessories shards. Did we really need those?
    I cannot predict the future. But i bet the price on the lvl1 accessories shards will go way up.
    The richest will the only ones who can afford them to get only 4 extra def or att level? . Sounds not fair to the normal players. Eventually the price will go down again when all the best, richest and heaviest cashers got them on there necklace or belt.
    But i might be to late by then.

Also found out you can craft new pets, by using lucky coins and golden coins.
    While i was typing this the price doubled on lucky coins and 10x on golden coins :p.
    Bit same thought as with the shards, but couldnt you make it so we just can farm then, instead of using lucky coins wich u get from gold spending only.

I did not find any bugs or other complains, but if i find ill gladly post them here.

Dont forget we lost some players with the last update.
    They didnt like that farming gold coins became harder due to bh/mbh changes.
    And there main income was skillbooks, but they whent pooof :) .
    I can really hope it doesnt repeat.

My final thought for this update is

Good : For the cashers and income for pwi
    Bad : For all players who cannot afford the things before this update, they surely cannot afford the new things.

I dont wanna sound negative, i cash alot myself on pwi servers.
    But i rather see lots of people on server rather then only the ones who cashes.
    I dont mind its becoming a fully pay to win game but i will be sad if we push the non cashers out if you keep coming up with this stuff.

Have a good day all

• sharpestsharpie
    sharpestsharpie Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Cleric Heaven's Wrath (upgraded) skill seems to be broken. Only stays up for 30 seconds before stopping.
  • flexyy#6046
    flexyy#6046 Posts: 4 Arc User

Psychic:
    • Verdant ΨTide Spirit: Is the channeling increase duration correct? I believe this should be 9 seconds.
    • Ethereal ΨRed Tide: CN notes say it used to deal incorrect skill damage, but I don't know further details than that.

I can confirm the Tide spirit Verdant glyph has the correct channeling duration
      Red Tide blue glyph used to deal extra physical damage, it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Now it's plain water damage.
  • myowe
    myowe Posts: 26 Arc User
    Cleric Heaven's Wrath (upgraded) skill seems to be broken. Only stays up for 30 seconds before stopping.

This seem to be correct, if you read the PW China Note, it does for 30sec like china version, I dont really think it broken
  • franciscorn94
    franciscorn94 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Bads: some ppl cant update the game.
    Goods: cant play the game

(until this is fixed).

o/
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Good: BM+wiz HD update
    Bad: Whether YOUR char appears in HD is still controlled by the person looking at you. So lots people all now asking why everybody's BM+wiz look stupid... which is because they have HD mode turned on, so all of us that haven't designed a HD-version of our chars yet all look like default. If I design HD char, it should appear HD to everyone. If I design standard char, it should appear standard to everyone. Or whole point of customization is broken.
    Also bad: HD chars still can't wear 95% of fashion

Good: New sky levels/quest chain
    Bad: Those of us still at pious sky can't do it... and vitae from that quest chain would really helped me actually get to Apex Sky 1 and not have to do the BS rooftop daily anymore. Halfway thru PS 8 atm so at least 6 months away from Apex Sky 1.

And one other comment.. PW can't make their minds up. Last expansion they made all the lv 10 HS quests harder instances, seemingly because they were bothered about people farming too many of them from FSP and UP. This update, they eliminated having to kill anything at all. You can just take the quest and complete it without doing anything. HS was more fun (and less competition) when it was more work, now even lazy people can farm mats easily.
  • sdsadad
    sdsadad Posts: 1 Arc User
    Stormbringer's new combined skill 'Churning Vortex' which the description says "Deals additional damage every 800 seconds" seems like a typo or mistake I assumed? It kinda bothers me now and probably other SB players out there as well with such typo/mistake, other than the fact that it deals damage + pulls target 4 times only and then disappears xD
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    The optimization bar above the HP bar has been changed.
  • garus777
    garus777 Posts: 3 Arc User
    i cant update patch, made a ticket and wait for an issue
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Well so far I have not found any broken things. Other then what was already broken. That is a huge surprise after 12 year of broken upgrade.

Do have 1 person in guild that is stuck on the new quest chain. Hes trying to find out why.

Good, Veno Fox skill became relevant.
    I don't see why Malefic Crush should miss. Fox skill are spell, for that reason they never miss a hit. Work around the high dex of some class. The new purge ability should behave just like a normal purge. So Faith should block it. It's physical damage and can probably be resisted.

On the up side also, having a veno in you team means the target is now amp minimum 20% all the time. OP.

The Bad, Unless your rich and don't care about money. Don't expect to see a G18 in your hands any time soon. Still a 1 shot after 12 year of upgrades.
  • cdhuis
    cdhuis Posts: 6 Arc User
    when they gonna fix the fashion problem with edge, tech, and now with bm and wiz
  • selectivebear#6773
    selectivebear#6773 Posts: 2 Arc User
    It appears bh/mbh rewards changed. I didn't see it in the patch notes other than changing the iu10 boss to the new instance. Dh bh gave a chest with extra glyphs. Fs bh gave a chest with fs coins.
  • antonio0590
    cdhuis wrote: »
    when they gonna fix the fashion problem with edge, tech, and now with bm and wiz

turn off hd mode and fash will show
  • cdhuis

Not that simple, sooo hd mode have the worst charcter customisation, yeah nice animations, but no hairs, no beards.

Second problem, you are available to see your regular toon with fash without the hd mode, but others not, your models for others changed, things like face and body chnaged, am the only one that see my clasic look, for others my model changed why? so whats the point of customise my toon if am the only one that can see it.

• cdhuis

Not that simple, sooo hd mode have the worst charcter customisation, yeah nice animations, but no hairs, no beards.

Second problem, you are available to see your regular toon with fash without the hd mode, but others not, your models for others changed, things like face and body chnaged, am the only one that see my clasic look, for others my model changed why? so whats the point of customise my toon if am the only one that can see it.

Perfect World International, the visually stunning free-to-play online game with unparalleled character customization, where the unparalleled character customization?
  • cdhuis
    so i guess a new advice for old and new players is dont buy fash, cus game is going to hd mode right? cus what a waste of gold then
  • technoplume3
    Bad: Faction Trial Rewards. In fact after a week, I find this whole Update to be really boring. All it's doing is create an event deeper separation between player that can put money in the game. Free to play ... should change that.
  • ilikezomies
    ilikezomies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Bm Skill Flame Tsu list as Ion Spike
    Mystic skill Falling Petal's (blue glyph) says you can recover 280 chi but its really MP
  • shulzz#2894
    shulzz#2894 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Duskblade Reaper Form is not reducing ranged damage. Base reaper form and glyphed are behaving the same. The base skill description should reduce ranged damage, by 40% and my glyph should reduce damage by 50%

Please see video

https://youtu.be/MBVrsYcsYU8
  • lordjimbam#8942
    lordjimbam#8942 Posts: 1 New User
    idk is this a bug or not...but the new setting of kind lightning effect etc etc keep reseting into default everytime we log out and log in back...its really annoying for low end pc player...hope can be fixed
  • reexilir#3203
    reexilir#3203 Posts: 5 Arc User

https://ibb.co/ZxxV9TK
    idk is this a bug or not...but the new setting of kind lightning effect etc etc keep reseting into default everytime we log out and log in back...its really annoying for low end pc player...hope can be fixed
  • antonio0590

They will see your customization if they have HD mode turned off. Seeing as how HD mode does nothing for any other classes and it limits customization in general, there is no reason for anyone to have it turned on.
    I ran up to a BM with HD mode off and he looked normal.
  • lithii#1394
    lithii#1394 Posts: 3 Arc User
    BROKEN
    Since the expansion, the WARP setting has been forced to be ON and no way to turn it off. I uncheck it, Apply, Confirm but it still stays on even with multiple relogs. This is a problem because it causes me a lot of lag issues. And, if it's an issue for me then I'm sure it is for other people too.
    This same thing happened in 1 of the previous expansions but with the SOFTEN setting being forced either on or off, cant recall which it was anymore. It was later fixed though. Hopefully this WARP setting will get fixed as well.

BAD
    G17 gear is well out of range for many ppl even if they cash a bit. Now G18? That is totally unobtainable to the majority of players except for those that are rich. The last cast G18 wep requires 9,999 Big Notes on top of having the previous weapon and in addition to the hefty crafting fee. On Tideswell, that would equal $20,000!!! for the Big Notes ALONE! If i need to choose between paying off my house or getting G18? Sorry the house would win. I can see this turning away a lot more players again due to the unrealistic cost of everything.

GOOD
    The Moon Watcher Tower instance is a step in the right direction since it allows any RB2 100+ player to take part without discrimination of whether they are a casher or not. It is a new option for people to be able to farm G17 weapons. Having equal gear also puts the focus on the player's actual ability of playing their toon rather then relying on cashed gear to keep them alive and get them through.
    BAD
    The unfortunate part is that it shares keys with Icebound Underworld.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Special quests that pop up after digging some of the Time of Butterfly don't consistently show up. Some of my characters were able to receive nearly all the quests (minus the one which can't be done after completing the Apex sky quest chain) and others couldn't pick up most of them.

If you trash the Time of butterfly quest its impossible to re-do as you're only allowed to dig each butterfly once. Not sure if this is a bug or just terrible design.
  • selectivebear#6773
    selectivebear#6773 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Has anyone come across the issue where the second boss in mwt acts weird? At 90% hp it did the rectangle aoe push once, and a few times at around 50%, the wall appeared but just as the circle aoe occurred the wall disappears, kicking anyone who didnt immune out of the area.
  • technoplume3

Must be a bug in the update files conflict with new and old file. If you find you ini file in your User folder, delete it or make sure it's not read only. :\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\userdata\systemsettings.ini

I would also search the Arc and PW folders where any video setting is safe and delete them. After restart basic file should be re-downloaded with normal setting.