[Q&A] Player Questions and Answers May 2021

Options
obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited February 2022 in Official Announcements
Listed below are responses and stuff to questions submitted for May 2021. There weren't really many player questions I could submit this month so I followed up (read: prodded) on some things.

1. Do the staff plan to reset the TW and/or xTW maps with the next major content update? Players don't seem to care much about having season rewards but care more about having map resets to keep PvP alive.
There was no plans for an upcoming TW reset, but we'll push for this suggestion to be done, as we would like to give users a fresh PvP start again when new content is released.

2. Will the Star Reward shop be updated? Currently, it still contains skill books that cannot be used anymore, so players who are not aware of recent updates may inadvertently spend gold on items they cannot use.
The Star Rewards should be changing monthly, but we won't know which newer items will be offered when that occurs. If there's a specific list of unwanted items in the rotation, let us know and we'll have that forwarded for future removal, and potentially have it replaced with something else that users might actually like and can use.
Note: I've sent them the entire list of books to be removed, which they are forwarding to the devs. I didn't give them any suggestions for what could be added since I'm not sure what players actually want.

3. Players have noticed with the Celestials Update that we did not receive certain features that were expected, such as the ability to add accessory shards to rings. Players would like to know if this feature is coming to PWI.
We unfortunately don't know if accessory shards will be included for our version yet. Although we'll check for any explanations or guides that can be made if it does get added into the game.

4. A follow-up on the Arigora Colosseum (3v3/6v6) equalized gears: It does seem like players would really like this to come back as it has been continuously brought up since the last Q/A. I was planning to do a survey on this on the forums.
The equalized gear for Colosseum was brought up, but there has been no updates on when it'll be available again. If you would like to do a survey or thread on the forums, feel free to keep us updated and we can let the developers know that the community is still favoring its return.
Note: There is now a community poll on this to see how interested players are. You can find it and vote at https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1211134/community-poll-would-you-like-balanced-gear-in-3v3-arena-to-return .
I'll be leaving it open for quite a while, probably until expansion release or a bit after that.

5. A follow-up on the Glacier City Mystery questline issues: Has there been any progress towards customer support being able to help players with this? Players are still being sent to the forums to discuss the same quest issues that can only be solved with the aid of customer support. An additional question so that I may help assist players in the future: is it possible for customer support to assign quests to certain players or is this restricted?
For the Glacier City quest line, support is regretfully unable to adjust the quest status for players on the go. Forum referral may sometimes be part of the standard reply process for gameplay issues, in case users might need to check if a past problem was addressed. As an update from question 3 in the previous ticket, that should be resolved with the next expansion. If it's still a problem afterwards, we'll bring it up to be investigated further.

In addition to this, I also brought up the issues with Codex Mounts (where some identical mounts can't be registered) and sent them the entire list of mounts affected. In case you're curious, these are the mounts that have potential clash problems:
  • Black Raptor (not likely a clash issue here but one instance was noted)
  • Purple Fox
  • Crimson Fox
  • Shadow Fox
  • Sho the Ninja Frog
  • Mouse Wheeler
  • Frostmane War Ape
  • Blazing Dragon
  • Frozen Kirin
  • Igneous Firedrake
  • Ancestral Horror
  • Cosmic Lion Lord
  • Weaponized Allosaurus
  • Venomous Sand Lord
Anyway, the staff will also be forwarding the list to the devs. Based on what I've seen from PWRU, it's likely what will happen is that the item descriptions will be changed to mention if a mount can't be registered in the Codex. If we're super lucky though, they might actually include the missing IDs into the Codex.

I also brought up the graphics issues some players are having where textures of weapons and homestead items and such are missing, but they said there have been no full resolutions so far. They would like to see if there are still issues with this after the expansion (which is likely). So basically no guarantee this one will get fixed until maybe a couple of major updates from now.

That's pretty much all I have for now. There are some other bug-related tickets I still need to send off and get results for, but things are probably gonna be put on hold until after the expansion in case of bug fixes.

If you do have any comments or maybe additional questions for the next Q&A, feel free to post them here. Just note that some things may be held off because of the expansion.

EDIT: Oh right, here's the previous Q&As:
Player questions from September 2020
Player Questions from November 2020
Player Questions from March 2021
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• jgcm99
    jgcm99 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Anyone else have log in issues. I cant seem to get anyone to listen to me to help with it.
    Post edited by jgcm99 on
  • sakti#1598
    sakti#1598 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    Since soon an update will be installed on the pwi that will simplify obtaining resources for creating and upgrading homesteads weapons, I want to find out why there is no function for obtaining homesteads weapons in installments on the pwi, this function is available on the pwc and pwru. Everyone who does not have the double damage function on the p9 weapon is interested in getting such a weapon.
    To avoid confusion in terms, I will explain what this function does. If with a simple upgrade of weapons that are available now on the pwi, you need to immediately make all the resources for the upgrade, then when buying in installments, you make the first installment and get an improved weapon for 1 month (for example, turn 40 atlevl into 70 atlevl), after that you can monthly extend the existence of your temporary improved weapons for six months, after which it will finally turn into an improved one. At the same time, the total amount of resources of the first and all monthly contributions is equal to the amount of resources needed for an instant upgrade of weapons that are currently available on the pwi.
    The advantage of this method is the ability to use improved weapons now, long before you collect all the necessary resources for the upgrade.
  • obielle
    Options
    sakti#1598 wrote: »
    Since soon an update will be installed on the pwi that will simplify obtaining resources for creating and upgrading homesteads weapons, I want to find out why there is no function for obtaining homesteads weapons in installments on the pwi, this function is available on the pwc and pwru. Everyone who does not have the double damage function on the p9 weapon is interested in getting such a weapon.
    To avoid confusion in terms, I will explain what this function does. If with a simple upgrade of weapons that are available now on the pwi, you need to immediately make all the resources for the upgrade, then when buying in installments, you make the first installment and get an improved weapon for 1 month (for example, turn 40 atlevl into 70 atlevl), after that you can monthly extend the existence of your temporary improved weapons for six months, after which it will finally turn into an improved one. At the same time, the total amount of resources of the first and all monthly contributions is equal to the amount of resources needed for an instant upgrade of weapons that are currently available on the pwi.
    The advantage of this method is the ability to use improved weapons now, long before you collect all the necessary resources for the upgrade.

I know which feature you're talking about - the rental feature (called Chrono Fetch in PWI). This one got asked maybe a year ago (as well as the daily quiz) and this was the response we received:
    If certain updates of the game were decided prior that it was not going to be helpful for the PWI users, it may be omitted from our version specifically. We currently have no details if the Rental feature or Daily quiz will be brought in for a future update.

I could potentially follow up on this again since it's been so long. The response we got wasn't exactly helpful and I'm still having trouble understanding why we wouldn't receive that specific feature (or the daily quiz lol it just gives EXP I think)

• patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    Options
    My statement to these Q’s and A’s only revolves around why you didn’t ask PWE to get a new staff to answer them. Every single time these are brought up their only answers are “we don’t know”. How can they decide what is and is not good for the players when they don’t do anything toward the game in general? The rental system would help and it would give the company money and players motivation for stuff. So next time please do a Q and A to the devs as they are the ones who know how to answer
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options
    My statement to these Q’s and A’s only revolves around why you didn’t ask PWE to get a new staff to answer them. Every single time these are brought up their only answers are “we don’t know”. How can they decide what is and is not good for the players when they don’t do anything toward the game in general? The rental system would help and it would give the company money and players motivation for stuff. So next time please do a Q and A to the devs as they are the ones who know how to answer
    To simply answer that. If PWE was to get new staff you will be getting the same response you are getting right now. The only person with actual answers to the questions will be a GS. So every time you guys ask questions in the Q and A remember you are only going to get "We don't know yet or we will see" As they don't have as much information about the situation themselves.

p.s No Shade to Costumer support yall doing your best at answering these question.
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    Options
    Your response is as useless as a PWE employee. How are you going to justify that they don’t know? They come asking the players to give questions for them to submit to get the answers. So by saying what you just did then why waste everyone’s time with it all? If the answer is 100% guaranteed to be we don’t know why ask players submit the questions for the forum mods to ask?
  • puangi#2208
    Options
    Your response is as useless as a PWE employee. How are you going to justify that they don’t know? They come asking the players to give questions for them to submit to get the answers. So by saying what you just did then why waste everyone’s time with it all? If the answer is 100% guaranteed to be we don’t know why ask players submit the questions for the forum mods to ask?
    They have to communicate with the community to keep things ebb and flow. Am not going to say the whole Q and A is worthless but most of the time you ain't going to get a straight answer hence why many people don't participate anymore.
  • obielle
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a way to directly contact the devs myself - I don't know Chinese, plus I'm just a player volunteer. We do these Q&As because we haven't had a CM in such a long time and would like there to be a connection between staff and players as there used to be. I know a lot of the answers aren't really what people are hoping for, but I guess we gotta start somewhere - I've recently taken over the Q&As so I'm pretty new to all of this. It's something I choose to do because I do care about this community and want to be able to help in some way. I certainly don't expect to move mountains with what I'm doing, but to have a connection so we aren't so left in the dark.

• raymond#5760
    raymond#5760 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Is there any clue about Dustfall Ultimate Artifact? Will we get the Npc to use it tomorrow update?
  • sakti#1598
    sakti#1598 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    I could potentially follow up on this again since it's been so long. The response we got wasn't exactly helpful and I'm still having trouble understanding why we wouldn't receive that specific feature (or the daily quiz lol it just gives EXP I think)

Yes, please ask the administration again.
    I do not know on what basis they drew the conclusions that are in the previous answer, perhaps they considered that the opportunity to make a p9 weapon, spending less money and time , is enough. But in fact, various skills on the home weapon are often more useful than the skill on the p9 weapon, so even now there are enough players on the pwi who have made homestead weapons at least 40 atlvl .
    In the next global update, resources for creating home weapons will become much more accessible and cheaper, so there will be more people who want to create them. Also, the rental feature will be needed by a lot of players and will also increase the number of people who want to make a home weapon, as it will greatly reduce the time before using home weapons.
  • obielle
    Options
    Is there any clue about Dustfall Ultimate Artifact? Will we get the Npc to use it tomorrow update?

No updates on this at the moment, though it's been reported. I'm not sure when the expansion is coming but I'm kinda doubting it's this week since we only had 1 feature preview so far.

• sergiatte
    sergiatte Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    Ask them why we not got the npc for the Ultimate dustfall artifact yet, along with the fact skill books are not removed from the point shop, it just shows that they are lazy and dosent fill us with any form of confidence that they give two ****.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1211113/ultimate-dustfall-artifact
    https://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/64628

if you wanna fk us over and not let us have that method of getting r9r4 then at least just remove the usless item from pallets or let us exchange them back for coin or somthing.
  • puangi#2208
    Options
    sergiatte wrote: »
    Ask them why we not got the npc for the Ultimate dustfall artifact yet, along with the fact skill books are not removed from the point shop, it just shows that they are lazy and dosent fill us with any form of confidence that they give two ****.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1211113/ultimate-dustfall-artifact

if you wanna fk us over and not let us have that method of getting r9r4 then at least just remove the usless item from pallets or let us exchange them back for coin or somthing.

This update here contains the npc for the Ultimate Dustfall Artifact.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11489543-dawnlight-feature-preview-part-1
  • obielle
    Options
    sergiatte wrote: »

I've already talked with them about both of these subjects, but no changes will be made until the expansion comes out at the very least, I think. They're looking at adding the missing recipes to our NW forge, and I gave them the full list of skill books to remove.