New Class Coming Soon in PWCN: 妖猴 ("Demon Monkey")

Comments

• hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    Oh, in case someone didn't see it yet, here's the complete trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRFgehbCuKg
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I was playing on the China server and it seems the absorbing normal damage is a perm thing. When in monkey form i kept taking 1 damage.
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    I was playing on the China server and it seems the absorbing normal damage is a perm thing. When in monkey form i kept taking 1 damage.

Yes, it's a passive skill for the monkey form, really cool btw
  • puangi#2208

Yuh. The class is very broken as they have Shattering Scream (Edgerunner teleport skill) With no Cooldown and it takes 0 chi lol. I could post the sage and demon version of the skills but don't have the translation as my friend cannot translate the game terminology.
  • blazorgirl
    blazorgirl Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2021

Yuh. The class is very broken as they have Shattering Scream (Edgerunner teleport skill) With no Cooldown and it takes 0 chi lol. I could post the sage and demon version of the skills but don't have the translation as my friend cannot translate the game terminology.

So basically a more efficient sin. Well if it can be stunlocked…. Wait nvm it’s a Wu Kong it’s a troll class so that’s out of the question. Well, atleast it will circumvent technicians leaps.
    Post edited by blazorgirl on
  • puangi#2208
    blazorgirl wrote: »

So basically a more efficient sin. Well if it can be stunlocked…. Wait nvm it’s a Wu Kong it’s a troll class so that’s out of the question. Well, atleast it will circumvent make technicians leaps.

Funny enough it is 2 skills at once. You leap first about 2-3 meters similar to the archer skill (Leap left) then it applies the teleport skill for 5 seconds. Will upload all the new classes skill on YouTube when am done in a day or two.
  • blazorgirl

So basically a more efficient sin. Well if it can be stunlocked…. Wait nvm it’s a Wu Kong it’s a troll class so that’s out of the question. Well, atleast it will circumvent make technicians leaps.

Funny enough it is 2 skills at once. You leap first about 2-3 meters similar to the archer skill (Leap left) then it applies the teleport skill for 5 seconds. Will upload all the new classes skill on YouTube when am done in a day or two.

Can you rephrase that?
  • puangi#2208
    edited June 2021

Can you rephrase that?

Sorry about that confusion. Video should explain it better. https://youtu.be/Duyfn88Ugjk
    Leap 1 meter>5 seconds to port to target.
  • kaz#3798
    kaz#3798 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    i wonna play it too is there any chance someone can make me a CN account LMAO

Also maybe, can you SS the embrace in monkey form :o kinda curious bout it :D
    Post edited by kaz#3798 on
  • puangi#2208
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    Embrace animation is like Barb where you just pet it.
  • kaz#3798
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    Embrace animation is like Barb where you just pet it.

Woah ty :D looks kind of off :P
  • betuou
    betuou Posts: 25 Arc User
    Think what most of us want to know is this class considered strong in China.Not so much activity on this forums so gotta be on point sry. Is it considered broken?Is is worth investing money into once it comes here?From what ive seen so far its promising but since its a LA class i dont trust it yet since LA is by default weak unless it can bypass the squicyness somehow.I would consider investing in such a class but at this point i want to make sure its really worth considering the state of the game.

Looking at this latest expansion its clear that the skill
    ''balancing'' is targeted at the already existing playerbase since not that many new players. Make a few classes broken so that people reroll spend money and keep other classes ''the most played ones'' with non deciding changes so that they eventually have to stop playing those and go for something else or quit.Just look at BM 1 min faith?Now thats something.Those are skill upgrades that actually matter.Meanwhile look at archer 70% crit from galvanic charge when most archers already have 90-100% with quickshoot.Thats a joke.From what ive seen archer is a class really common in China maybe even the most played one prolly because a decade ago it used to be good and its confortable to play and people stuck with it . Not that many BMs tho...you get the point now people reroll BMs cash keep flowing.

So the only viable and somewhat sure option to still invest in this game is when a new class comes out because even if it will get nerfed at some point its basic skills wont really change and its gonna stay broken for a while.So please if you can keep us updated with how this class behaves in pvp.Thank you. :)
  • puangi#2208
    edited August 2021
    betuou wrote: »
    Think what most of us want to know is this class considered strong in China.Not so much activity on this forums so gotta be on point sry. Is it considered broken?Is is worth investing money into once it comes here?From what ive seen so far its promising but since its a LA class i dont trust it yet since LA is by default weak unless it can bypass the squicyness somehow.I would consider investing in such a class but at this point i want to make sure its really worth considering the state of the game.

Looking at this latest expansion its clear that the skill
    ''balancing'' is targeted at the already existing playerbase since not that many new players. Make a few classes broken so that people reroll spend money and keep other classes ''the most played ones'' with non deciding changes so that they eventually have to stop playing those and go for something else or quit.Just look at BM 1 min faith?Now thats something.Those are skill upgrades that actually matter.Meanwhile look at archer 70% crit from galvanic charge when most archers already have 90-100% with quickshoot.Thats a joke.From what ive seen archer is a class really common in China maybe even the most played one prolly because a decade ago it used to be good and its confortable to play and people stuck with it . Not that many BMs tho...you get the point now people reroll BMs cash keep flowing.

So the only viable and somewhat sure option to still invest in this game is when a new class comes out because even if it will get nerfed at some point its basic skills wont really change and its gonna stay broken for a while.So please if you can keep us updated with how this class behaves in pvp.Thank you. :)

Is it considered broken? Too early to say but the potential is very much there as they have multiple CC and 0 cooldown leap teleport attack (will keep on updating on the PVP side).

Is it worth investing money into once it comes here? That would be up to the player.

is it worth investing with the current state of the game? It's hard enough for people to find a squad to do their daily instance which summarizes the state of the game in the west so far
    p.s yes the class can aps

Going to try keep updating as much as i can. Anyone can feel free to request what they would like me to take a look at on the
    China server.
    Monkey PvP Video. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYnQ1Fj1PQ&t=2801s
  • puangi#2208
    edited August 2021
    Managed to talk to most people in the China server and they have concluded that the new class is the best currently in PVP when it comes to 1v1 and it's worth investing in.
    PVE Aspect: Not so helpful as they lack debuffs that affect the boss. Would be better to pick a sin over the new class when forming a squad.
  • betuou
    edited August 2021
    Ty for the answers its nice to see you can still get solid answers in this forum.

I agree the biggest downside would be finding squads for instances as you try to catch up not to mention all the daily stuff you need to do however if a class is worth the effort and your not in a rush i guess this class would be great to spend your time on especially when most of us are already established with our mains and it could prove to be fun to revisit some of the old instances and quests.
  • donkeykong#0851
    donkeykong#0851 Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @puangi#2208 said:
    > Managed to talk to most people in the China server and they have concluded that the new class is the best currently in PVP when it comes to 1v1 and it's worth investing in.
    > PVE Aspect: Not so helpful as they lack debuffs that affect the boss. Would be better to pick a sin over the new class when forming a squad.

How is the Monkey when its coming to a Mass PVP? Like 15v15 or 10v30 or something?
    Do it have just Attacks for Melee-Range or Distance-Range aswell?
    Since you played it now a bit longer, is the Class making Fun for you?

When we expect to get the Monkey on the PW International Servers?
  • puangi#2208
    > @puangi#2208 said:
    > Managed to talk to most people in the China server and they have concluded that the new class is the best currently in PVP when it comes to 1v1 and it's worth investing in.
    > PVE Aspect: Not so helpful as they lack debuffs that affect the boss. Would be better to pick a sin over the new class when forming a squad.

How is the Monkey when its coming to a Mass PVP? Like 15v15 or 10v30 or something?
    Do it have just Attacks for Melee-Range or Distance-Range aswell?
    Since you played it now a bit longer, is the Class making Fun for you?

When we expect to get the Monkey on the PW International Servers?

Class has a similar playstyle to an assassin so you will have to pick your targets very carefully like a hawk.

Do it have just Attacks for Melee-Range or Distance-Range aswell? It has a small amount of range attacks but 100% of the times you are going to use a skill called {Feng Xu Yufeng} the skill allows you to leap 10 meters ahead and jump the a target within 30 meters ahead before an attack. So there will be no need for distance attack as most players will be dead by the time they can cast any skill.

Since you played it now a bit longer, is the Class making Fun for you? Class is very fun and the China Dev's did a great job designing the class and the skills animation.

When we expect to get the Monkey on the PW International Servers? November or December if no server merge are planned but i have a strong feeling we are getting one to help deal with the low player base.
    Hopefully, i have answered your question clear feel free to ask more questions if you have some ^.^
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    @puangi#2208 If you have the time could you make a list of the sage/demon skills and the glyphable ones with the different effects? I haven't seen a list of those yet and have been wanting to see what they get
  • puangi#2208
    @puangi#2208 If you have the time could you make a list of the sage/demon skills and the glyphable ones with the different effects? I haven't seen a list of those yet and have been wanting to see what they get

I could get the list of the sage and demon skills but it won't be translated into English as my friends are having trouble translating the rest of the skills. For the Glyphs i'll try get a translation for those.
  • puangi#2208
    edited August 2021

Red Glyph: level 1-4 critical rate increased for 2s
    Blue Glyph: Level 1-4 Essence meaning the Ying and Yang (Ying and Yang increase the duration of some effects and gives damage boost to some skills ) Glyph skill increase the duration.
    <Floats around your body
    Green Glyph: level 1-4 Casting Distance increased by 2m
    Orange Glyph: Level 1-4 Damage from Equipment increased by 40%
    Silver Glyph: Level 1-4 10% damage increase

Red Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase Stagger Duration
    Blue Glyph: Level 1-4 Restore 50 Hp (Could be wrong but has something to do with health)
    Green Glyph: Level 1-4 Casting Distance increased by 1m
    Orange Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase damage from Equipment by 20%
    Silver Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase damage by 10%

Red Glyph: level 1-4 Increase Immobilization by 1 sec
    Blue Glyph: Level 1-4 Essence increase by 20 sec
    Green Glyph: hard to translate into English
    Orange Glyph: level 1-4 Damage from equipment 40%
    Silver Glyph: Level 1-4 damage increase by 20%

Red Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase Essence duration by 25sec
    Blue Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase Essence duration by 25 sec
    Green Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase Casting distance
    Orange Glyph: Level 1-4 Increase damage from equipment by 20%
    Silver Glyph: Level 1-4 Reduce casting time to 20sec

Red Glyph: Translation difficult
    Blue Glyph: level 1-4 Essence increase by 30sec
    Green Glyph: level 1-4 Increase casting Distance
    Orange Glyph: Level 1-4 Damage from equipment 20%
    Silver Glyph: Level 1-4 Cooldown reduced to 20sec

Post edited by puangi#2208 on
  • blazorgirl
    Managed to talk to most people in the China server and they have concluded that the new class is the best currently in PVP when it comes to 1v1 and it's worth investing in.
    PVE Aspect: Not so helpful as they lack debuffs that affect the boss. Would be better to pick a sin over the new class when forming a squad.

I know this is a Wu Kong threat but I couldn’t pass the chance to ask a few questions to someone who knows active players on that version.

1) Based in the “skill rebalancing” as they like to call it, I assume classes like veno,bm, wizard shot up in popularity based on PWI China channel videos. Are some older newer classes dwindleding in the population? We all know duskblades are rare there like they are here and I’m assuming stormbringer dying out with the nerf of vortex but are any other classes dwindling?

2) This rebalance was highly focused on giving massive buffs to 4 specific classes so at this point a lot of us are hoping they either nerf or give big updates to other classes as well that are comparable. Is there any talks about another skill update very soon? This update was really …… if you aren’t and don’t plan to play bm, seeker, sin, veno.

3) Regarding the WuKong, how is it in pvp outside of fun? To elaborate, practical mass pvp you are likely getting hit by 3-4 ppl at once realistically, can the WuKong just basically roam about like a sin in tidal dropping whatever it wants or does it have high cc/damage but have a counter such as it can be cc’d and nuked fairly easily. From what I’ve seen their ape for damn near can’t die in pve but how effective is that in pvp?

Sorry for the long drawn out parts! :)
  • puangi#2208
    edited August 2021

I know this is a Wu Kong threat but I couldn’t pass the chance to ask a few questions to someone who knows active players on that version.

1) Based in the “skill rebalancing” as they like to call it, I assume classes like veno,bm, wizard shot up in popularity based on PWI China channel videos. Are some older newer classes dwindleding in the population? We all know duskblades are rare there like they are here and I’m assuming stormbringer dying out with the nerf of vortex but are any other classes dwindling?

2) This rebalance was highly focused on giving massive buffs to 4 specific classes so at this point a lot of us are hoping they either nerf or give big updates to other classes as well that are comparable. Is there any talks about another skill update very soon? This update was really …… if you aren’t and don’t plan to play bm, seeker, sin, veno.

3) Regarding the WuKong, how is it in pvp outside of fun? To elaborate, practical mass pvp you are likely getting hit by 3-4 ppl at once realistically, can the WuKong just basically roam about like a sin in tidal dropping whatever it wants or does it have high cc/damage but have a counter such as it can be cc’d and nuked fairly easily. From what I’ve seen their ape for damn near can’t die in pve but how effective is that in pvp?

"I know this is a Wu Kong threat" 😂 Made me laugh thanks for that.

1) Before the skill balancing classes like Veno and BM were already popular compared to wizards. After the rebalancing, we can slightly see an increase in wizard players but not at a high amount. Stormbringer is still played but not as much also duskblades don't exist. Most played classes are as following Blademaster>Archers>Veno>Seeker>Sin>Barb>Clerics>Wizard>Every remaining classes left. (Excluding Wukong from the list to early to say)

2) Any future skill update? I would not know sorry but i'll ask around.

3)How is Wukong in mass pvp? They can't roam like sins so you would have to play the class like a hawk. The class dies to crowd control if it's getting ganked . They have high damage and high cc but like you mentioned they get counted by CC.

To sum up Wukong:kill it before the cc ends or get stunned for 15sec from one skill
  • blazorgirl

1) Before the skill balancing classes like Veno and BM were already popular compared to wizards. After the rebalancing, we can slightly see an increase in wizard players but not at a high amount. Stormbringer is still played but not as much also duskblades don't exist. Most played classes are as following Blademaster>Archers>Veno>Seeker>Sin>Barb>Clerics>Wizard>Every remaining classes left. (Excluding Wukong from the list to early to say)

3)How is Wukong in mass pvp? They can't roam like sins so you would have to play the class like a hawk. The class dies to crowd control if it's getting ganked . They have high damage and high cc but like you mentioned they get counted by CC.

To sum up Wukong:kill it before the cc ends or get stunned for 15sec from one skill

15 seconds from one skill!? I hope that’s single target Jesus…. Honestly surprised how low seeker is on the totem pole there given on our version seeker literally counters upgrading gear in of itself. Blademaster and veno given the upgrades, no surprise there lol. Archers have been getting more and more powerful as they started nerfing the nightshade race (both classes have been on the decline in past couple years so I’m glad to hear that’s consistent there). Barbs exist on that version though? Barbs are one the rarest class in pvp here wow lol. Clerics have gotten a lot of upgrades so that’s no surprise.

Questions:

Nevertheless I’m surprised psychic isn’t high up there given the last skill upgrade they are nuking ppl left and right now. Hell techs not being high on the list is also a surprise. Do you think it’s a preference thing or given the fact (based on the PW China videos) a lot of ppl have g17 armor so you want toons that can tank and deal dd? That would make sense based on the classes you said with high popularity. High flexibility (maybe except barb here) and can tank well.

Besides veno and wizard honestly arcanes have been on a downhill in my opinion based on upgrades, how do the CN players feel there?
    Are they hoping arcanes get snapped back or they don’t have much issues there like we do here?

Are range or melee the preferred class to kill them? I know they can leap very far spamable even, but does their buffs/skills leave room to for range or melee to sufficiently counter? I know wukongs in every game are known to be mischievous and basically get out of everything so curious who can even deal with this class effectively lol. So far it sound like a sin, bm would do fairly well against them.
  • puangi#2208
    edited August 2021

15 seconds from one skill!? I hope that’s single target Jesus…. Honestly surprised how low seeker is on the totem pole there given on our version seeker literally counters upgrading gear in of itself. Blademaster and veno given the upgrades, no surprise there lol. Archers have been getting more and more powerful as they started nerfing the nightshade race (both classes have been on the decline in past couple years so I’m glad to hear that’s consistent there). Barbs exist on that version though? Barbs are one the rarest class in pvp here wow lol. Clerics have gotten a lot of upgrades so that’s no surprise.

Questions:

Nevertheless I’m surprised psychic isn’t high up there given the last skill upgrade they are nuking ppl left and right now. Hell techs not being high on the list is also a surprise. Do you think it’s a preference thing or given the fact (based on the PW China videos) a lot of ppl have g17 armor so you want toons that can tank and deal dd? That would make sense based on the classes you said with high popularity. High flexibility (maybe except barb here) and can tank well.

Besides veno and wizard honestly arcanes have been on a downhill in my opinion based on upgrades, how do the CN players feel there?
    Are they hoping arcanes get snapped back or they don’t have much issues there like we do here?

Are range or melee the preferred class to kill them? I know they can leap very far spamable even, but does their buffs/skills leave room to for range or melee to sufficiently counter? I know wukongs in every game are known to be mischievous and basically get out of everything so curious who can even deal with this class effectively lol. So far it sound like a sin, bm would do fairly well against them.

3)

Questions:

1. It's more of a preference thing. Psychic just take too much work to kill someone when other classes can do it faster same with Tec.
    2. I would have to ask people.
    3. Both tbh as long as they have a good CC setup. But effectively sins with tidal should handle them.
  • blazorgirl
    edited August 2021
    I’m quite surprised ppl feel like psychic is too much work where you get nearly 70 atk lvl for a marginal trade off as well as rediculous m atk/ crit at g17 while able to easily go from atk to def (unless a bm touches you). Hell even techs are max gear literally mow people down and they feel like that’s not effective? Are try preferring solo kills? Because if that’s a popular thing there than I suppose I see you point. Nothing against the CN players but that’s surprising news.
  • betuou
    The wukong skills, at least in description and from what ive seen in videos are a bit broken as for mass pvp wukong seems to do fine they can just run arround pick targets and destroy them.And they dont really get focused because either people know to litle about them or they just like to focus the usuall class suspects.Im guessing its still easier to CC and deal with those.

As for our version im expecting the same thing to happen as when tech/edge came out.So no g16 weapons maybe no jones blessing i do hope they leave everything else as it is meaning they can still wear g16 LA set or a personalized r9 set.And regarding dustfall ultimate artifact( items that allow you to go r8rr->boundless) i saw them beeing mentioned somewhere.Do you really think pwi gonna allow that npc here? I mean we still didnt get the rent g17r5 weapons npc...because reasons...that have nothing to do with money whatsoever...hmm.We got those dustfall items in game but i wouldnt get my hopes up for the NPC.Skipping r9r3 all together?hmm nope dont think thats gonna happen..because well...it would make our pwi life easier and we cant have that :open_mouth:
    As for most common classes in China i do believe tech is way higher on that list simply because they are well...better archers...pew pew for far away?sign me up.Have to take into consideration the playerbase when you think about common classes there and here.There mass pk is very much alive they pk for hours straight because idk some dude took another dude's vit mob spot so they call 3 factions to help out...thats how things go down there...here mass pk is dead.So people rather main 1vs1 classes that can also be usefull in pve thats the win formula here.Prolly why sin is so popular here.A class usefullness changes in mass pvp archers are weak in 1vs1 but in mass pvp they're way more usefull and more fun to play same goes for other classes too.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    It looks like they made some balance changes for the monkey on the 18th I think? I missed it until today. Here's the chinese table with all the changes, source was from here: https://w2i.wanmei.com/net/210812update/index.html

s49diqq8hveh.png
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • kaz#3798
    edited August 2021
    So ima take a wild guess and put these as an attack based class, over defensively based due to their 'sin-like' playstyle - i.e attack shards instead of defense, in-terms of PVE, that really doesn't come into it, its a DD and once they get geared like every other DD class, debuffing doesn't come into it :( its sad they don't have a specific 'role' but lets be fair tech/edge dont really have one either.... sure they both have PDef reductions but its not 'required' since we have a bunch of other classes that do all that too, edge HF is kinda meh, even though it helps when there is no BM but again, the chances youll be without one of those in a run you need....

The one thing im curious about is the 'block' mechanic, ik its been mentioned in thread before, and forgive me for being slightly stupid on this, but that does obviously count for PVP? it has no CD (almost like a passive Dmg Reduction buff) ?

The other thing would be: is this class worth g17ing? fully gear and weapon - I understand this is a personal preference but if you had the money to G17 it, would you? - and ofc once any class goes G17 they are naturally 'OP'
  • francewin#6637
    francewin#6637 Posts: 2 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    It looks like they made some balance changes for the monkey on the 18th I think? I missed it until today. Here's the chinese table with all the changes, source was from here: https://w2i.wanmei.com/net/210812update/index.html

s49diqq8hveh.png

Translation if possible.