[Q&A] Player Questions and Answers March 2021

obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited June 2021 in Official Announcements
Listed below are responses to player questions submitted for March 2021.

1. Players would like to know about the progress of plans to update Chrono Hunt availability/queue times.
The Chrono Hunt queue times can be dependent on player count, with fewer participants making the sessions more difficult to start. Unfortunately this was not a feature that could be easily changed on the backend. It was brought up in the past, but no changes are available with the current game version.

2. On the subject of Chrono Hunt, the Dawnglory server is not able to properly participate in the Chrono Hunt event with other servers because the NPC spawns at different times for each server. A couple of solutions have been presented by the playerbase - move the timezone for Dawnglory so the NPC appears from 0-12 server time instead of 12-24 server time, OR move the timezone so the NPC appears at the same time for all servers (Dawnglory: 0-12, Tideswell: 9-21, Etherblade/Twilight Temple: 8-20)
Similar to the first answer, changes to the Chrono Hunt NPC would not be an easy change for the way it works with certain schedules. The idea of having the Dawn Glory NPC sync with spawn times for the other servers will be suggested though for a future update. Currently, it will still have to spawn during its usual times.

3. Multiple players have gotten themselves locked in the Glacier City Mystery quest line where they are unable to trash and retake quests, thus preventing them from progressing any further. Upon investigation there are quests designed to fix these issues, however these quests can only be accessed with the help of customer support. So far, customer support has not been helpful on this.
The information for the extra quests in the Glacier City Mystery quest line will be forwarded for developer investigation. We're not sure how they'll be able to add it into the quest progression itself. Although we hope to have a more simple solution, such as being able to trash the quests at certain points to have a chance at receiving the require items or mobs to spawn again.

4. When will the next TW map reset take place? Also will there be any new TW seasons?
The frequency of each Territory War reset is expected to be fewer, and would last longer than previous seasons. There is no upcoming reset dates for a new season yet, but that will be included in a news post once its decided and ready.

5. Why were silver coins introduced and what is the rationale behind the change in BH/MBH bosses? In a game that is dying as it is, it doesn't help players want to continue their progress in the game if it is becoming much harder for new players to farm.
Silver coins were introduced long in the past from the 2019 content update. We are aware that some users were not in favor of bound currencies, but the silver coin would stay to help keep coin secured on their respective characters. As for the Bounty Hunter bosses, we don't have any feedback for its difficulty changes, but as players progress we would want for difficulty to scale so there is some challenge when going through the instances. If these bosses are causing problems for newer characters, balance changes will be considered in another content update.

6. Will Arigora Colosseum (3v3/6v6) be with equalized gears again (like BoS) in the near future? The current arena doesn’t make it appealing to try and farm for g17 cape and ring, but if it is equalized that would make it a fun thing to do regularly.
We haven't heard of recent updates to equalize gear stats in the Arigora Colosseum. Higher level gears are still encouraged for users to try and obtain, so they are rewarded for their gameplay efforts. Although if having equal stat gears were liked by the community during PvP, we'll be checking if that can occur more often in the future.

I do plan to follow up on some of these subjects, especially since this was my first time submitting the player questions. I also plan on doing a poll for Arigora equal gears since some community feedback would be good.

In the meantime, if you do have any feedback or questions for future Q&As, feel free to post them here.

Player Questions from November 2020
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• berryberry1234
    berryberry1234 Posts: 22 Arc User
    The effort put in this is really appreciatied, thanks obielle!
    As for the answers, I am really disappointed, pff. Longer TW seasons will result in one faction being the winner for the coming 10 years, as long as they decide not to disband.
    Answers on all the questions all have the same message: we don't feel the need to give in to the playerbase's wishes, but if it's pushed hard, we will consider putting it through development.

If only this game wouldn't be so nostalgic, I've been playing for over half my life and I've quit 3 times. All three times I've come back, be disappointed, have fun grinding, quit because of the need for grinding and it's a circle I can't get out of, haha.

Then again, thanks and I'm looking forward to more of your effort for the community!
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Thanks for trying but those answers are laughable and are just the "We're too lazy and dumb to do anything" type.

They can't move an npc spawn time on 1 server by 12 hours? That's a joke, as any programmer could do it in 15 minutes if they worked for PWE.

Silver coins to help secure them to your character? Lol nobody is buying that excuse.

Even players know that arena gear changes per season on CN server, One season equalized, one season player gear. Unfortunately over here we don't get proper seasons so we have no idea when the gear will be reverted.
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 57 Arc User
    So we are basically SOL when it comes to chrono hunter then, unless we join the biggest faction on our server? Since BoS was removed I can't get barbaric crystals for my character because she isn't wanted in aos squads; she isn't a required class and not full r9rrr+12.
  • sakti#1598
    sakti#1598 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    1) More and more glyph skills appear in the game. The effects of glyphs are recycled and improved. But there were 6 slots for glyphs when this was added to the game, and now 6 slots a few years after they were added to the game. Six slots is no longer enough. All the builds are corrupted because there simply isn't slots for half of the required glyphs.
    When will more glyph cells be added to the game?
    2) Why the game will not add the ability to record sets for glyphs, so that glyphs for different tasks can be changed with one click, and not dragging skills and glyphs one by one with the cursor in the desired slots?
    3) The control effect in the game "paralysis" can not be removed by anything and immune by a skill that blocks stun. This looks like a bug and gives a huge advantage to those classes that have paralysis over those that don't.
    Why is the paralysis not fixed on the effect equal to stun? Not wanting to correct paralysis is like encouraging the bug users.
    4) There are many things in the game that you need to use, there are several quick access slots for that. These slots are not enough. Why don't the f-slots add a fourth and fifth row to the three existing ones?
    5) In nr, in the case where you need to collect crystals inside a circle around the NPC of your allegiance, often bad people from your allegiance prevent their allegiance allies from gaining the maximum number of points. They just stand at a distance with a crystal, or dig up already collected crystals from their alliance circle to take them outside the circle, and there's nothing you can do about it, because you can't attack an allegiance ally.
    Why not make it impossible to dig up crystals from the circle of your union? And that the player can't have a crystal more than 2-3 minutes?
    6) When in nr to fix the bug with the catapult event so that he scored 2700 points, and not 2699?
    7) The event in nr on Tuesday is very long, so few people want to participate in it.
    Why not reduce its duration to at least 1 hour?
    8) Events in nr that occur at the beginning of each hour are constantly changing in time with each other. The same thing happens with bx / mbx. This is very inconvenient, as you never know in advance when you will need to go through these events. And you can't plan when you'll be able to pass other game activities.
    Can I associate the time of events in nr and bx / mbh with a specific time and date? Or at least add a schedule in which their time will be visible in advance?
    9) When will the game remove the bug with aggro from the void? Because of them, the character can switch to combat mode anywhere, and actions such as changing glyphs, exiting the game, and others become inaccessible to him.
    10) When will the item "Dark Snow Lotus" be added to the game to craft the books of passive skills "elemental force" and "dark emperor's power" 6-10 levl?
    11) Why are there no 3 levl crystals for jewelry on pwi? Why can't crystals be inserted into rings on pwi? In China, this feature was added to the global update that is now installed on pwi.
    12) The celestial infant does not give any benefit until it is increased to 90 + levl. But to bring the celestial infant to this level, you need to spend several decades in the game. And the lvl up with the help of items from the shop is so expensive that even the richest players do not do it.
    Why did they add such a useless skill to the game? Just for the progress report? Is it not possible to make the development of the celestial infant in a reasonable time and at an affordable price?
    13) The WM dungeon somehow includes a huge reduction damage in boss , while the reward is low and you need to spend the keys in dup and ddh to enter. As a result, very few players can pass the WM, but even they don't go there because the reward doesn't recoup the cost and time required to complete the dungeon. Right now, WM is the only useless dungeon in the game.
    Why not increase the damage of players on bosses in wm? At least with the help of quests once a day? This would allow more players to go there and justify spending the keys in dup and ddh.
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User
    well i can agree whit most of the stuff @sakti wrote

for 1st and 2nd point if a time change is not possible (which is a joke) just erase the NPC on all servers asap and write on the next update news dear players we dont care if its work on DA server or not until you still spend money on this server would make much more senses from now on ...

if they just would make it same time as arena in EU time you could play it on the weekend at least and also continue very slow whit this event on the gear but even continue ...

beside of that arena is a way also but a painful one / very time intensive compare to a ~8-12 weeks chrono hunter daily for a Apex/G17 Cape

beside of all that @obielle do you have any sort of info you can share in which direction this game go? i also hear they will make more new classes / more new caves this make 100% on sense in my opinion

• lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    well i can agree whit most of the stuff @sakti wrote

for 1st and 2nd point if a time change is not possible (which is a joke) just erase the NPC on all servers asap and write on the next update news dear players we dont care if its work on DA server or not until you still spend money on this server would make much more senses from now on ...

if they just would make it same time as arena in EU time you could play it on the weekend at least and also continue very slow whit this event on the gear but even continue ...

beside of that arena is a way also but a painful one / very time intensive compare to a ~8-12 weeks chrono hunter daily for a Apex/G17 Cape

beside of all that @obielle do you have any sort of info you can share in which direction this game go? i also hear they will make more new classes / more new caves this make 100% on sense in my opinion

Should just shut down the event so nobody can do it if one server can't. Considering we have cross server events. Every other server having a gear and title advantage cuz of Chrono Hunt is a **** joke and needs to be fixed ASAP but nothing is being done. Trash game management and developers.
  • sakti#1598
    Why did a duplicate message appear? I didn't write it.
  • obielle
    sakti#1598 wrote: »
    Why did a duplicate message appear? I didn't write it.

It looks like there were a few duplicates in the spam filter and it may have gotten fished out by another mod. I'll remove the duplicate post.

I'll make some responses to these posts sometime today. I've been a bit behind on things lately.

• obielle
    The effort put in this is really appreciatied, thanks obielle!
    As for the answers, I am really disappointed, pff. Longer TW seasons will result in one faction being the winner for the coming 10 years, as long as they decide not to disband.
    Answers on all the questions all have the same message: we don't feel the need to give in to the playerbase's wishes, but if it's pushed hard, we will consider putting it through development.
    Yeah I can agree here that it's gonna take a lot of pushing to see some results. Part of the problem is that we don't really have a CM from what I know, so the staff/devs are absolutely missing that part where they can receive proper feedback. I have absolutely no experience managing communities or anything like that, so that makes it more of a challenge too.

lax wrote: »
    Even players know that arena gear changes per season on CN server, One season equalized, one season player gear. Unfortunately over here we don't get proper seasons so we have no idea when the gear will be reverted.
    I think I was told that they just changed it for off-season and on-season, but I might be wrong on that. Either way, we should have the ability to have the equal gears thing changed as it shouldn't be too difficult to do. It's one of those things we'll have to get feedback for from many players so we can try to push more for it.

meow101 wrote: »
    So we are basically SOL when it comes to chrono hunter then, unless we join the biggest faction on our server? Since BoS was removed I can't get barbaric crystals for my character because she isn't wanted in aos squads; she isn't a required class and not full r9rrr+12.
    It seems this will become more of a problem in the future as AoS got removed in one of CN's recent updates. I'm not sure if they've made any adjustments to Chrono Hunt over there since its release which I'll have to look into. I will also look into the RU community because I believe they also had good feedback on Chrono Hunt. I don't know if we'll be able to get any "exclusive changes" to it but at the very least I'd like to see them fix the time issue.

More and more glyph skills appear in the game. The effects of glyphs are recycled and improved. But there were 6 slots for glyphs when this was added to the game, and now 6 slots a few years after they were added to the game. Six slots is no longer enough. All the builds are corrupted because there simply isn't slots for half of the required glyphs.
    When will more glyph cells be added to the game?
    Looking at CN's recent update they haven't added more glyph slots and since we get our updates from them, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. CN generally doesn't like giving us "exclusives" anymore (which makes it harder to make adjustments that we need such as BoS scheduling). Unfortunately many of my answers are gonna be like this :sweat:

The control effect in the game "paralysis" can not be removed by anything and immune by a skill that blocks stun. This looks like a bug and gives a huge advantage to those classes that have paralysis over those that don't.
    Why is the paralysis not fixed on the effect equal to stun? Not wanting to correct paralysis is like encouraging the bug users.
    Honestly don't know why they designed it so it can't be purified and why they haven't made changes to it. Again that would have to rely on the CN version getting changed and I'm not sure what they think of the paralysis debuff over there.

In nr, in the case where you need to collect crystals inside a circle around the NPC of your allegiance, often bad people from your allegiance prevent their allegiance allies from gaining the maximum number of points. They just stand at a distance with a crystal, or dig up already collected crystals from their alliance circle to take them outside the circle, and there's nothing you can do about it, because you can't attack an allegiance ally.
    Why not make it impossible to dig up crystals from the circle of your union? And that the player can't have a crystal more than 2-3 minutes?
    I'm thinking there might be some kind of limitation with the way the game is designed somehow. I don't think they have a way of restricting digs based on a location, only with items used to dig which wouldn't help in this case. As for the timeout when holding a crystal, I might be remembering wrong but I thought that was a thing where if it was held for too long or taken too far away it'd reset? I'm not sure about the details of this since I think people would get mad at me for trying that for science haha.

When will the item "Dark Snow Lotus" be added to the game to craft the books of passive skills "elemental force" and "dark emperor's power" 6-10 levl?
    I don't think they've even released this on PWCN yet (correct me if I'm wrong), so I have no idea when we would even expect it to come unfortunately.

Why are there no 3 levl crystals for jewelry on pwi? Why can't crystals be inserted into rings on pwi? In China, this feature was added to the global update that is now installed on pwi.
    So apparently we are actually a couple of updates behind PWRU who got the level 3 shards as I looked into the update history and found we didn't have things PWCN had mentioned in those same updates they got. This is a good question that I'd like to ask staff since I'm also confused why we didn't get those updates. I'm hoping that perhaps we'll get them in the next major content update.

The celestial infant does not give any benefit until it is increased to 90 + levl. But to bring the celestial infant to this level, you need to spend several decades in the game. And the lvl up with the help of items from the shop is so expensive that even the richest players do not do it.
    Why did they add such a useless skill to the game? Just for the progress report? Is it not possible to make the development of the celestial infant in a reasonable time and at an affordable price?
    I'm pretty sure that even in PWCN they don't find the Celestial Infants particularly useful, so I think everyone can agree that it's not a super well-designed system. That said, I'm not sure if they have made any efforts to make it more accessible there, other than lowering the requirements to get Celestial Infants.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any information like that except for what gets found from PWCN updates. I do know that we're getting a new dungeon (I believe it's equal gears too) amongst other things which should probably be in our next major update, and then there's the new monkey class thing that's been leaked. I try not to make many guesses nowadays because then it jinxes things XD

Anything I didn't answer here is mostly because they are suggestions or bug reports that would need to eventually go through CN...unfortunately. Other things I wasn't sure how to answer. I have compiled everything in any case and some of it can be sent forward for the next player questions, whenever that happens. Kinda hoping to send forward more questions sometime this month since we should be due for a content update at some point.

• sakti#1598
    I think I should give some further clarification on some of the issues.
    1) As far as I know, a survey was conducted in China a few months ago about what players want to see in future updates. In particular, did the players want to increase the number of cells for glyphs or not? Perhaps pwi should also conduct a survey and provide the results to developers? Although this is unlikely, it is possible that such information will affect the developers.
    2) I can confirm that the availability of chrono hunt is a big issue on ru. After a small surge of interest immediately after the global update, there were slightly fewer people willing to go there, which led to the almost complete cessation of this activity. On the ru forum, there is a lot of outrage from ru players that they spend several hours queuing for a set and can't get to this activity.
    This is a big problem in part because chronohunt is the only place where you can quickly get a large amount of Barbarian Blood Crystals . But in the next global update, new skills will be added, for which you will need 5,000 Barbarian Blood Crystals to learn . Just imagine 5000!!!!!!!! Where can players get them? The fact that developers refuse to solve a problem that they themselves have created makes us think of their competence and concern for players even worse than usual.
    3) But you shouldn't worry so much about deleting AOS, according to information from players who study updates in CH , AOS is not just deleted, but the reward for completing it is redistributed to other activities.
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 57 Arc User
    Just out of curiosity, which activities? By the time that update rolls around, it would be over a year since bos was removed, meaning those who can't do aos would be that far behind.
  • obielle
    I think I should give some further clarification on some of the issues.
    1) As far as I know, a survey was conducted in China a few months ago about what players want to see in future updates. In particular, did the players want to increase the number of cells for glyphs or not? Perhaps pwi should also conduct a survey and provide the results to developers? Although this is unlikely, it is possible that such information will affect the developers.
    2) I can confirm that the availability of chrono hunt is a big issue on ru. After a small surge of interest immediately after the global update, there were slightly fewer people willing to go there, which led to the almost complete cessation of this activity. On the ru forum, there is a lot of outrage from ru players that they spend several hours queuing for a set and can't get to this activity.
    This is a big problem in part because chronohunt is the only place where you can quickly get a large amount of Barbarian Blood Crystals . But in the next global update, new skills will be added, for which you will need 5,000 Barbarian Blood Crystals to learn . Just imagine 5000!!!!!!!! Where can players get them? The fact that developers refuse to solve a problem that they themselves have created makes us think of their competence and concern for players even worse than usual.
    3) But you shouldn't worry so much about deleting AOS, according to information from players who study updates in CH , AOS is not just deleted, but the reward for completing it is redistributed to other activities.

1) Ah I see, I'm not too savvy with the CN side of things so I don't know a whole lot about what surveys they have over there. Doing surveys here would be part of a CM's job I'd imagine and since we don't have one at the moment it makes this more challenging. As forum mods we can attempt to compile some information to forward to staff, but we also don't have as much influence as we're all just player volunteers.

That said, I did plan to start some "surveys", starting with the arena equal gears since that should be an easier thing to accomplish since CN doesn't need to add anything major; they just need to change a quest date on our version (and probably some other backend stuff).

2) Thanks for the information. I know there were plenty of complaints and PWRU even had to introduce some extra events to encourage players to participate while at the same time discouraging certain behaviors in Chrono Hunt. They seem to have more wiggle room over there to make adjustments, as some of the things I've been passing forward to the staff have been based on things they've been able to accomplish over there such as NPC spawn time.

3) Right, I completely forgot about that part haha, thanks for reminding me. I suppose it's not as bad as I made it sound initially then, though still having easier access to Chrono Hunt would be good...
    meow101 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, which activities? By the time that update rolls around, it would be over a year since bos was removed, meaning those who can't do aos would be that far behind.

I'd assume this is just regular daily quests that we already do for vitae and such, but I haven't done much research on the new CN update so I don't know which quests in particular give them or how many they give.