Can't get to level 105, not enough good quests.

varoid
varoid Posts: 3 Arc User
(Warning: noob problem.)

Okay, so here's the problem, I managed to get re awakened the max number of times, get to level 100 on all re awakenings, but now I need 60 million EXP and 99% of my quests just give like 400k, which obviously isn't anywhere near enough. (And the ones that even give that many are few or have to strong of enemies for me to kill), there's a few daily/weekly quests, but most of them say 750k or something and are overly complicated, which, once per day/week is gonna take forever.

I heard pheonix valley is a good option, but I have absolutely no idea how to actually get EXP from more than just the enemies, so that was useless. Also I doubt it'd be anywhere near enough either way.

This is all just to get ONE more level, to 101, I have 5 more levels on each awakening I need to get higher. But like 99% of my quests are 90k EXP quests that won't help.

To make things even worse, I managed to get 30 million EXP or something from what few quests I had left that seemed worthwhile, but I put the EXP into the ancient tome I think it's called so now it'll be even longer until I get more quests because I didn't realize that it was a bad idea fast enough.

I thought about just killing enemies to get EXP from them directly until I get to 101 and then maybe some quests would unlock, but I calculated it and if each enemy gives 1k EXP then that'd mean I'd end up having to kill 60,000 of them, so that option is out.

Is there some kind of item you can buy from catshops and stuff that'd give large amounts of EXP directly?

Basically, as far as I know there's literally no practical way for me to level up again.

Is there some secret way to actually get reasonable amounts of EXP I'm missing here?

Comments

• myowe
    myowe Posts: 26 Arc User
    The only option to get from lvl 100 to lvl 105 is through PV, Phoenix Sanctum, You trade 100 Lucky Coin for 1 Pheonix Sanctum, you need a lot of them and you can only do 10 per day, at the end of PV, there an NPC that teleport you to Phoenix Sanctum and you kill the frog with Hyper and Ancient Gift activated when killing it to give the most exp.

In the end the way to lvl up is by using Gold Coin (Or Credit Card Money) to be able to lvl up, if you can't afford the money, your best bet is killing mob in auto-culti for like 6 month + to 2 year + to lvl up.
  • rawrtigerrawr
    rawrtigerrawr Posts: 15 Arc User
    I got 3x105 before they even introduced Phoenix Sanctum. Do as many PV runs as you can every day. There used to be an item in the Shroud order of Morai that have you another 15 minutes in PV. Use that if it's still available. It's not particularly exciting, but it will surely get you there. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but you get a penalty once your highest lvl is 104 or 105, so get all lvls to 103 first.
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsJtTlIwTo
    Guide in the description to level 105
  • varoid
    edited February 2021
    I got 3x105 before they even introduced Phoenix Sanctum. Do as many PV runs as you can every day. There used to be an item in the Shroud order of Morai that have you another 15 minutes in PV. Use that if it's still available. It's not particularly exciting, but it will surely get you there. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but you get a penalty once your highest lvl is 104 or 105, so get all lvls to 103 first.

So like, how exactly are you supposed to get EXP from pheonix valley, is it just the enemies there or is there a quest or something?

That youtube video that other dude showed looks promising, is the stuff I need for that for relatively cheap?
  • puangi#2208
    puangi#2208 Posts: 83 Arc User
    Have not
    varoid wrote: »

So like, how exactly are you supposed to get EXP from pheonix valley, is it just the enemies there or is there a quest or something?

That youtube video that other dude showed looks promising, is the stuff I need for that for relatively cheap?
    Have not played in a long time. Just check your budget and buy around 2000-2500 lucky coins from cat shops and calculate the cost if it's worth it to you. If it's too expensive the only choice you have is running BH and Twilight Temple 3-3 while using hyper but this method is extremely long.
  • rawrtigerrawr
    Erm, I don't follow... Did they change the regular part of PV, the one where you just pull as many mobs as you can handle and AoE the hell outta them with hypers on? The one you can do like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyilK-LGS7M

• blue20
    blue20 Posts: 46 Arc User
    So as the majority of people here have said there is multi ways to get levels, After 101 etc if you have the cultivation done many of the Nf chain gives large amounts of exp the oious sky chain even can give 1-2 levels if below 104. Other then that yes Phoinix valley is the best the 100+ option and at the end after killing the frogs a npc spawns in the water using that npc and having 10x phoinix sanctum passes from the lucky coins (100 coins per) and having activated hypers at 12x with ancient gift buff item active and a exp bealt+necklace and you get 25 or 30% at 100-101, 20 ish % at 101-102, 17% ish at 102-103 and then its like 15% at 103-105 and 7 or 8% at 104-105. and that is Per toad kill so 10x at 101 should actualy get you to around 103 almost.
  • rawrtigerrawr
    You guys keep focusing on that extra room in PV which, while giving tons of exp, is also quite expensive. People were getting 3x105 by just grinding the basic part of PV with hypers day in and day out years before that room was introduced.
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    I did my full 105 x3 before the sanctum pass existed, can use lucky coin or alts or friends to help open multiple PV's till your token runs out (running hypers and AG or Silkworms each time) it takes time, its not something that will happen over night. it took a few months to max out lvl without paying for it using passes.

Is it hard, yes, Will it take time? yes. but it IS doable.
  • mitapi#9696
    mitapi#9696 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Honestly depends on your armor, running PV can be quite expensive as well in repair cost, various apoth, hypers and whatever else you need. I did my Lv105s on my main before the Sanctum Pass was available, and its honestly really time consuming and not as cheap as it may look at first. I did Sanctum Pass' for some alts, and it wasnt even that much more expensive as you dont have to pay a lot of repair everyday - it saves a ton of time and you basically pay 'up front' rather than a bit everyday. The biggest difference now though is that repair is now in silver coins, and the Sanctum Pass you need Lucky Coins (gold coins) for.
    But prices can vary a lot between the two methods depends on your armor and your servers Lucky Coin prices.

To get the most out of your money in PV you want to stack up on EXP gear. Hypers, wait for x3 event, Ancient Gift, Faction-squad-buff (8 people including yourself from your faction in the squad), and all the EXP gear (dreamchaser necklace, AEU or valentine belt, +EXP% tome, and the +EXP% blessing from shroud - or just whatever +EXP% gear you can get ur hands on)

You might also ask yourself how badly you need Lv105 right now. And if you do need it, can you can settle with just 1x 105 for now? (rather than 3x 105) as its really not that big of a deal untill you are either PVP'ing competitive or need it for instances/events at high sky lvl (Royal Sky).
    My cleric has never done PV, and shes 105x2 with the last lvl on 104. How? Really just doing dailies every day for a long time, and she was already at least 1x105 before she started to actually need the levels. Dailies have been buffed a lot in the more recent expansions.

If you need items from Heavenfall Tower, thats actually a pretty good weekly source of EXP as well as they buffed it in the recent expansion.
  • varoid
    edited February 2021
    Erm, I don't follow... Did they change the regular part of PV, the one where you just pull as many mobs as you can handle and AoE the hell outta them with hypers on? The one you can do like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyilK-LGS7M

My char is nooby, when I try to AOE all the stuff in PV even in 95+ mode they just kill me xD

Edit: Just looked up lucky coins in consignment shop NPC, good God that stuff is expensive, I don't think I have anywhere near enough lol.
  • myowe
    myowe Posts: 26 Arc User
    varoid wrote: »
    My char is nooby, when I try to AOE all the stuff in PV even in 95+ mode they just kill me xD

Edit: Just looked up lucky coins in consignment shop NPC, good God that stuff is expensive, I don't think I have anywhere near enough lol.

To be able to solo PV part, you kind of need a good gear + high refine with apothecary potion to be able to solo it, otherwise you will just die.
    Most ppl that are able to solo the PV are good gear + high refine ~15k hp or higher, it kinda a requirement for it, If you have less gear requirement for that, well you need invest in real money or some merchanting to be able get Lucky coin
  • scooooter
    scooooter Posts: 27 Arc User
    Lol ok so not really playing anymore but I leveled 3 toons to 105x3. quit complaining and grind. Damn what do you think we did before easy mode. fricken instant gratification gamers. go grab a console and your cheat codes sheesh
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 60 Arc User
    scooooter wrote: »
    Lol ok so not really playing anymore but I leveled 3 toons to 105x3. quit complaining and grind. Damn what do you think we did before easy mode. fricken instant gratification gamers. go grab a console and your cheat codes sheesh

Its not so much about instant gratification. More things require 105 to access (like nr and aos). A lot of the other areas are deadish and these level restricted things are the one of the only things left that players still actively do. Doesnt help that a lot of old ways of gaining exp have been taken away from players (bh has become harder to complete, hypers disabled in fc again, aeu has become obsolete). Who wants to grind for a year or two to gain access to something that may not exist by the time they hit level 105, like ulfgard?