Error message on launch

darkneko
darkneko Posts: 42 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Support Desk
Whenever I try to launch the game, I get a strange error message. How can I fix it?

j5QtgDx.png

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Seems like a corrupt file (or files). Have you tried to replace configs.pck to solve this? Verify the files could help if there isn't any backup available but this would take a bit time.
  • darkneko
    sjampie wrote: »
    Seems like a corrupt file (or files). Have you tried to replace configs.pck to solve this? Verify the files could help if there isn't any backup available but this would take a bit time.

I'm not sure how to replace the configs.pck and when I attempt to verify the files, I get the following window.

43CR3Ws.png
  • sjampie
    That window should be almost empty: only a text "Verify may take a while. Proceed?" should be around that horizontal line while the buttons should have a text "Yes" and "No". Can you click on the left (light blue) button?
    Like the earlier screenshot this "empty" window is because you are missing some files or some files are 'damaged'.
  • darkneko
    That window should be almost empty: only a text "Verify may take a while. Proceed?" should be around that horizontal line while the buttons should have a text "Yes" and "No". Can you click on the left (light blue) button?
    Like the earlier screenshot this "empty" window is because you are missing some files or some files are 'damaged'.

When I click on the left button, the window disappears and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I am also installing through steam, so I'm not sure if that makes a different.
  • sjampie
    edited January 2021
    darkneko wrote: »

When I click on the left button, the window disappears and nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I am also installing through steam, so I'm not sure if that makes a different.

Steam... I just checked it but still have no reason to (ever) use Steam for this game. Have also seen some "downloads" on the net which are just to scam people. Currently there is no need to use other software (even PWE's own beta of Passport). Using Arc should be enough to download/install the game. Bad part: PWE doesn't like to give correct information. The site currently shows we need 16GB for the game but when installing we need 32GB while the folder itself will have around 21.3GB.
  • darkneko
    darkneko wrote: »

Steam... I just checked it but still have no reason to (ever) use Steam for this game. Have also seen some "downloads" on the net which are just to scam people. Currently there is no need to use other software (even PWE's own beta of Passport). Using Arc should be enough to download/install the game. Bad part: PWE doesn't like to give correct information. The site currently shows we need 16GB for the game but when installing we need 32GB while the folder itself will have around 21.3GB.

Strange. I will uninstall and try using Arc to see if that solves the problem. The only reason I wanted to use steam was to keep track of my playtime, but it's not that important. What is the current version of the game?
  • sjampie
    ... What is the current version of the game?

The client version is 1192 while it shows 1.7.0 build 2687 during startup on the server selection screen. Files during a 'new' installation are compiled on 5/21/2013 or later. But lol, all of this info isn't needed unless you try to use files that are not downloaded from PWE itself. Well, I hope you manage to start the game.
  • darkneko
    ... What is the current version of the game?

The client version is 1192 while it shows 1.7.0 build 2687 during startup on the server selection screen. Files during a 'new' installation are compiled on 5/21/2013 or later. But lol, all of this info isn't needed unless you try to use files that are not downloaded from PWE itself. Well, I hope you manage to start the game.

Thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate it.