Lost quest item for "Glacier City: The Snow Heart"

selectwolf
selectwolf Posts: 5 Arc User
A while ago i was doing the quest "Glacier City: The Snow Heart" in northern realms. As i completed the quest, i thought i took a wrong option for a certain quest chain, i dropped the quest. I thought it was one of these that influences the outcome. The problem is, the quest item is gone now, and i can no longer complete the quest, as the quest item was the reward of another quest.

I had already contact with the support, they tried to restore it, but the attempt failed. The item was restored in regular bag, which the quest doesnt seem to notice, and i can still not complete it. It was said they cant restore it in the quest item bag nor reset the whole chain. It was suggested in the reply that i ask in the forum for further assistance.

So far i'm softlocked and can no longer continue the quest chain.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited January 2021
    I'm not really sure how support thought we'd be more helpful here at the forums :sweat: I'm not really sure what support is capable of so I'm not sure if my advice will be helpful.

There is a quest that gives the Snow Heart item (and it should go into the quest bag), but it is received by a NPC only accessible by GMs. The quest is named "2020ItmCmps_Snow Heart" and its quest ID is 43447. You can try to mention that to support and see if they can perhaps assign your character with that quest.

Another option (if they can assign your character with quests) would be to request they assign the quest "Glacial Cycle" (Quest ID 43343 for Imperial Vanquishers, Quest ID 43279 for Divine Defenders), which would effectively allow you to restart the quest chain. I don't know about this option, since it could mess up things even worse.

Let me know if you get any results from this.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • selectwolf
    Hey thanks for your tipp, i sent it to them and got a reply. I asked if its possible to get the quest assigned, but the reply was rather missing the point. Instead of answering the question if the quest could be assigned, a simple yes or no, i got told again that items can not be put into quest bag.
  • selectwolf
    Hi, i wanted to ask if there is anything that could be done to fix this issue, since we got a new update and i hoped there would be some kind of fix in it. Or if its possible to forward this issue to the devs to look for a fix.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    So from the last Q&A they gave me this answer regarding quest issues:
    As an update in the previous ticket, that should be resolved with the next expansion. If it's still a problem afterwards, we'll bring it up to be investigated further.
    I haven't had a chance to check things out to see if they've actually resolved things. I can't seem to see any new quests that would give this item. I can only recommend checking some NPCs just in case (including Snow Elf Nicolas) and trying to send in another ticket to see if they can resolve the issue now. If not, then I'll have to push for the issue to be investigated more.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • selectwolf
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried now different things, trashing quest, looking for npcs, nothing helped. That Snow Elf is gone once you finish his quest. I will have to open another ticket then.
  • selectwolf
    So after a bit back and forth, they said they cant help there, and will forward the issue to the developers.