Need Help... Glacier City: Glacier Sanctum

Options
kinzert
kinzert Posts: 13 Arc User
I got the quest where I had to kill 2 Elemental Deacons, which was hard but doable.
After killing them I got a quest Frozen Cloud: Save Astarina.
I am at the part "The Dogfight" and I go to the Echo Wilds fight Astarina, which at this time I cant do.
Does anyone know how to kill Astarina in the Echo Wilds?

Comments

• scipio1966
    scipio1966 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Did u solved?..i think is just for full R9*S3 .... no way to done that .
  • scipio1966
    scipio1966 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Soo i starting again that quest....and elemental deacons stop me. Its imposible to do. Think stuff realy take pwi underground. 100% peoples with good gear can hard to make. And that the point.
    To increase difrence from players who put real money and all other.
    So good luck stuff, u make good jobe.Hope change name from international in ultranational.
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    Options
    You still can buy a token for 1h duration with same gear you used to have in Battle of Survival mode, from your sides NPC for goldblade token. But I would use that only inside that instance. And other thing is, it costs 20k Goldblade Token. Also our Factions director has done it as G16 Nirvana, so it's possible but hard, I guess.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • emptypage
    emptypage Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Sadly even in near endgame gear this boss is very difficult. The only way I was able to do it is you can stun the elemental deacons and the boss but that only does so much especially if you're playing a class that can't keep a constant flow of stunlock going. Otherwise your best bet is the 1 hour gear rental item but that requires you to have tier 4 rewards in NR. This boss fight is horribly designed and I don't know if you can squad up for it but even if you could getting enough people that are at the same point in the quest with the same ending would be an ordeal of its own.
  • xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have the same issue, ive stunned the deacons and stuff but they always both following no matter how far you run to other side, they either both reset, or both don't follow. The DOT stack is wayy too much especially if you are a melee char and gotta be close. i've spent over 20+ hours trying to kill this **** bosses, one time i got clones done fast, only to get astaria half dead and ported outta the instance cos the 60mintue time limit up. Then another time got deacons done, got astaria half way, and that cone kept 1 shotting instantly, was no warning or anything for it, couldn't even escape. This is a stupid designed quest, it would be better designed as a group instance. Considering cone mechanics u gotta run in, avoid the cone, not to mention ur skills have cast times, by the time u go in and run out he boss starts regening it's health becos u can't hit it enough between the cones, that you end up timing out of the instance. And if you don't have tier 4 rewards for this NPC again.. how we supposed to do this? that DOT stack is ridiculous i went through an entire ruby hp charm, even with autopotter thats how bad you tick in there =/
    K1WlJi2.png
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah personally I had a ton of trouble with this ending too :sweat: partially because Astarina wasn't exactly behaving normally.

For the Deacons, on my final attempt I was able to lure just Anna but I was in a pretty specific spot for it so I'm not sure if it'll work or not but it might help. I've attached an image of where I was standing when I managed to pull her. On my other attempts I had to just stun Anna and ignore Berle to make her eventually reset.
    hssQgFk.png

As for Astarina...when she got to her 2nd phase she kept aiming the cone at me and not the blue ball (this happened on like 3 different attempts), so I was kinda forced to go in, hit her, and run back out. If I didn't have my stuns, who knows how long I would've taken to finish her like that haha.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • thibost#9267
    thibost#9267 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    When I tried, the 1hour rental gear wasn't available in the instance as it's considered not in Northern Realm. Can't activate it inside and if you activate it before being ported in, buff disappears in instance...
  • kinzert
    kinzert Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    I was able to kill Astarina. I cant remember the exact details, but I did get a Clover half way through the dogfight that I was able to do major range damage to Astarina with. I remember having to leave the Echo Wilds and dig to get. The item is actually still in my back pack. So I figure if it had timed out on me, I would have the Clover to attack with for the next try.