New NR-Questchain final boss Asterina 100 % unable to do - to hard!

phryne123
phryne123 Posts: 88 Arc User
I just tried finishing the new Northern Realms questline and I'm at the final arc with the solo instance. And I must say: The final boss Asterina is to hard! Impossible to do! My gear really isn't that shabby, I'm r9rr+10 with +12 weapon! So HOW can it be, the boss always OS me when half hp is down? Sometimes the boss even not announce he going to cast the beam.... So HOW can I kill the boss before it kills me? When it's already for me impossible to do the boss, then for G16 people it will be even more hard. So here my request: Pls raise up the numbers to do that mini-instance to at least two, so people can take at least a cleric as help. Or take the damn OS skill out (or give it at least an calculatable rythm!) of the boss so people have at least a CHANCE to kill it... Else never will be done.

Thanks

Comments

• padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    I killed the boss 2x now and i can say it is possible to kill her. Her attacks are also very predictable after you figured out her rotation. The 2nd phase is actually the easiest part of the fight - explanation below.

1st phase (HP > 50%):
    -the boss will cast 2 red circles (first a small and then a big one) one after another
    -the small circle will immobilize you if you stay too long in it
    -the big circle will deal high damage on you if you stay too long in it
    -just keep moving until she dropped both circles, walk out of them and attack boss / heal yourself if needed
    -if you see the tiny circle disappearing then stop attacking and keep moving until she dropped both circles again, rinse and repeat

2nd phase (HP <= 50%):
    -boss will cast a big red circle around her and also a small cone shaped aoe (this should be indicated by some line in normal chat "The pulse...", forgot the exact line but its something with pulse - but that doesnt even matter cause its even easier to avoid it - just keep reading)
    -the big red circle can easily be avoided by range DD or weapons with +2 range (i had no problems with this as a melee character with +2 range, i'm unsure if a weapon without +2 range works too| if it doesnt then walk outside of the circle when you see it, wait till it disappears and continue attacking, rince and repeat)
    -the cone shaped aoe will always face in the direction of the blue ball floating around the outer circle of the "arena" (just watch the blue ball, avoid it and you will never get hit by the aoe | you can already see the ball floating around at the 1st phase but it doesnt do anything at this point)

3rd phase (somewhere HP <= 10%):
    -you have to use teleacoustic to say 2 messages in world chat:
    Glacier City.
    Shelly.

-kill the boss afterwards

• scipio1966
    scipio1966 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I done that boss. Why not obtained the title?
    Any was very hard to do it.
    All quests take around 10h and 8 HP silver charm.
  • affinityjjl
    affinityjjl Posts: 23 Arc User
    hello.. sorry for hijacking... how do i kill elemental deacon anna and belle? they are really annoying
  • brigantiaa
    brigantiaa Posts: 2 Arc User
    For magic classes îs too hard to kill Astrina, that instance must be ajust it so all classes will have a chance to kill that boss. Thank you în advance for responses!
  • scarshadow
    scarshadow Posts: 8 Arc User
    phryne123 wrote: »
    I just tried finishing the new Northern Realms questline and I'm at the final arc with the solo instance. And I must say: The final boss Asterina is to hard! Impossible to do! My gear really isn't that shabby, I'm r9rr+10 with +12 weapon! So HOW can it be, the boss always OS me when half hp is down? Sometimes the boss even not announce he going to cast the beam.... So HOW can I kill the boss before it kills me? When it's already for me impossible to do the boss, then for G16 people it will be even more hard. So here my request: Pls raise up the numbers to do that mini-instance to at least two, so people can take at least a cleric as help. Or take the damn OS skill out (or give it at least an calculatable rythm!) of the boss so people have at least a CHANCE to kill it... Else never will be done.

Thanks

I Agree with you on that killing Astraine withe the constant running to try and not get stacks on you that will kill you is way to tough for Cleric's
    phryne123 wrote: »

Thanks

I Agree with you on that I Been stuck on The "The Frozen Cloud : Asterina Prevent"" for 7months where you have to Keep running so you Don't get Stack's on you that will kill you. This quest is impossible for a Cleric to Do and I'm Full R9+10 -12 with 2-3 G17 piece....gear Doesn't seem to matter with this ending of Astraina the stacks are still going to kill you and it's impossible for My Cleric to Do it
  • scarshadow
    scarshadow Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    They really need to make this questline easier for Cleric's to Do because it's impossible to Do Full R9 +10 - 12 With 2 Piece's Of G17 and I Still can't Do this '"The Frozen Cloud : Astraina Prevent"" questline on my Cleric what so ever you still going to get Stacks no matter where you run or even stop running for a Split 2nd your still going to get a Stack and will kill you insanely fast......PLZ PWI Make this questline ending easier for Cleric's to do we are a squishy class and a DMG is not that high as other classes please make it easier for Cleric's and everybody else!!!!!