Celestials Update - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

obielle
obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
edited February 2021 in Quality Corner
Okay folks, it's time for another one of these posts! Feel free to post your feedback here on bugs and things you like/don't like about the update. I will see if I can add these things as a list into this post as replies come in :)

EDIT: Here's PWI's official patch notes on the update https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11482033-the-celestials-update-is-live!

And here's PWpedia's patch notes (there's more than what was on the news post and stuff will be added to it regularly) https://pwi.gamepedia.com/PWI_Northern_Realms/Celestials_Update_Patch_Notes

The Good:
  • Codex! New fashion!
  • Northern Realm events have been fixed.
  • No longer need to farm skill books.

The Bad:
  • Chrono Hunt's required player number is way too high (60-99 people to trigger a round). UPDATE: the team has been made aware of this and are making plans to update it.
  • Chrono/OHT Bosses no longer drop OHT materials.
  • The Codex is missing a lot of items.
  • The contents of the Codex cannot be shared between characters on the same account.
  • Level 100 Cultivation (Celestial Sage/Celestial Demon) difficulty of final bosses is way too difficult.
  • Many fashion sets were removed from the Event Boutique.

The Broken:
  • Issues with updating the client for some people. Error is "File download appear error". Some people have had to copy PWI files from other people to properly update.
  • The Good Luck Pack Ticket from the Arc Code gV0Swcpj cannot be redeemed by any character (the quest is a GM-only quest so even new characters cannot redeem it).
  • The Codex doesn't accept items that are listed (example: Frozen Kirin Mount Egg from Riches of Northern Snows).
  • The Chrono Hunt battle does not always start when the required player number is reached. The error message received is "Cross server maintenance in progress".
  • Players using the French and German clients cannot access the Whispering Mausoleum.
  • The NPC required for a Celestial Demon quest (Lu Fan) is missing from the game.
  • Hyper EXP Stones cannot be used in Frostcovered City again.
  • Some fashion have lost their dancing animations (Classic Dance Set and Fairy Set from Perfect World Anecdote rewards)

PW Passport Feedback:
  • PW Passport App has increased speed when logging into the game.
  • Attempting to install PWI via PW Passport will result in your client only being updated to Wings of Rebirth Content Update.
  • You cannot launch PWI for multiple accounts - the Arc method does not work.
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• raymond#5760
    raymond#5760 Posts: 6 Arc User
    "File download appear error" again and again... Is there any ppl have same problem with me?
    I already close patcher and re-update again, and change patch server Patch-1 and patch-2, but still error. How to fix it?
  • obielle
    edited December 2020
    "File download appear error" again and again... Is there any ppl have same problem with me?
    I already close patcher and re-update again, and change patch server Patch-1 and patch-2, but still error. How to fix it?

I'm actually facing this issue myself xD from what I remember on past updates all you can do is wait until it fixes itself as too many people are likely trying to update at the moment. I'm trying to work around it by verifying my files after canceling the update so we'll see where that one goes...

EDIT: Mission failed, so I guess I'll be waiting along with you :'(

• vidish
    vidish Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    obielle wrote: »
    Okay folks, it's time for another one of these posts! Feel free to post your feedback here on bugs and things you like/don't like about the update. I will see if I can add these things as a list into this post as replies come in :)

I'd start but my patcher didn't wanna finish while I was napping...hehe

I concur. Mine did not want to finish either.

Update:
    Terminate the Arc & patcher from the Task Manager, and re-run them fixed the issue. I could log in and play the game now.
    Post edited by vidish on
  • kitty2828#7043
    kitty2828#7043 Posts: 14 Arc User
    How do you start the chrono hunter thing? I found the npc and queued up. My squad went from 1/3 to 3/3. I know a few others also queued up so there were at least two other squads. I waited half an hour and nothing got triggered. Did anyone have better luck?
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    How do you start the chrono hunter thing? I found the npc and queued up. My squad went from 1/3 to 3/3. I know a few others also queued up so there were at least two other squads. I waited half an hour and nothing got triggered. Did anyone have better luck?

No it seems broken on Dawnglory I've waited 10-20 minutes too and nothing with 12 ppl queued.
  • brunotor
    brunotor Posts: 11 Arc User
    Stone brain and Abyss rider (card bosses in Eden) no longer drop the OHT materials, only coins. Dont know if its specific for those 2 bosses, or all card bosses are affected.
  • gimuzz
    gimuzz Posts: 4 Arc User
    rokon#1106 wrote: »

No it seems broken on Dawnglory I've waited 10-20 minutes too and nothing with 12 ppl queued.

As I saw in china it requires 99 ppl to work, idk if it's the same here.
  • rokon#1106
    gimuzz wrote: »

If that's the case they may want to fix that for our version since 99 ppl at one time isn't happening on any server at the moment.
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 81 Arc User
    Seems the ability to make Amethyst and Ruby Charms is removed or moved to another npc entirely?
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    yugi2390 wrote: »
    Seems the ability to make Amethyst and Ruby Charms is removed or moved to another npc entirely?

its still at assistant wang tsai under Rune tab
  • gimuzz

If that's the case they may want to fix that for our version since 99 ppl at one time isn't happening on any server at the moment.

Chodno hunting is an x-server event, so it's 99 from all 4 servers
  • teitei#3165
    teitei#3165 Posts: 18 Arc User
    About fash names in codex, some fash have different names in boutique and codex, like some actuals christmas set (probably china version) but it not take the fash of our version and i noticed in pet page similar issues, also got some pet/mount with the good name but it not take them, no idea why as its in listing.
  • kitty2828#7043
    kitty2828#7043 Posts: 14 Arc User

When you say cross server, is it actually like xnw and dragons conquest? Or like ulfgard and nr, which isnt really a cross server for 2 servers (i think da and ti)?
  • cascabicas#2491
    cascabicas#2491 Posts: 22 Arc User
    It has been 18 hours and I have tried reinstalling the game three times so far and it's getting stuck at the exact same spot with File download appear error.
  • rokon#1106

NR was a cross server event too and we all saw how that turned out. Only cross server by region not true cross server because they are too daft to get it right.
  • gimuzz

When you say cross server, is it actually like xnw and dragons conquest? Or like ulfgard and nr, which isnt really a cross server for 2 servers (i think da and ti)?

I don't really know about that since pwi has some different things from china but at first it would be all servers
  • rokon#1106
    edited December 2020
    No Xtw map 2 so it gets full?
  • obielle
    Hey guys, I'll be updating my first post with everything mentioned here so far as well as things I've gathered from other people in-game. Sorry that I haven't really been around these past couple of days - I've been pretty busy getting stuff prepared for the wiki as I'm still editing that regularly, Christmas stuff, yadayadayada.

• merkzz
    merkzz Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this can be fixed but upon wasting hours doing the new NR questline, The quest completely disappeared. Non existent. Not under available quest, The fountain NPC has nothing for me. Gone. Cease to exist. I'm hesitant to send a ticket bc im pretty sure it wont be fixed either way. Just wish i havent spent hours on it just for it to glitch. Sigh. But probably should fixes this so other players will not encounter this. Thanks.
  • xdarkangelkiarax
    xdarkangelkiarax Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Codex is stupid, won't accept a lot of things, like old pets and mounts from freebies. Not even the old Anniversary hellhound mount. Also why is it character based and not account based? Why would anyone collect the same mounts, the same fash on every character? Typical PWI, just like how nothing is stashable anymore, they always program the most awkward painful way for people to do anything.
  • obielle
    edited December 2020
    I guess I'll add here before I forget. We did manage to round up enough players to try the Chrono Hunt event today, but the event is actually not working for some reason. I wasn't there, but I was told that a countdown timer appeared for players to enter the battlefield, but upon trying to do so, they got an error around the lines of "the cross server is under maintenance". So nobody ended up getting to enter and a matchmaking chance got used up it seems.

Obviously the server shouldn't have been under maintenance but there's definitely an issue with the server used for the Chrono Hunt event. This makes things even more frustrating for Chrono Hunt...

I'm pretty sure players attempted to enter around the right time too but I'll double check that.

EDIT: Chrono Hunt worked today when we gave it a try. I didn't get there in time though. We basically had to organize the session with two factions to get it to trigger. Apparently it's 60 people minimum.

EDIT 2: We tried another round afterwards and got the cross server under maintenance issue. Hmm :|
    Post edited by obielle on

• werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Bugs:

* Whispering Mausoleum
    Apparently in the new isntance Whispering Mausoleum, french and german clients "glitch out" so cannot join.

* Passport
    There is no means of dualing though the passport currently, as the task manager aproach while it kills the program, when restarted the account will still be loged in.

* Arc
    Still cannot post on forums within Arc (had to go onto the website)

* Jones class restriction
    Techs and Edges can still only use the O'Malley blessing, can the class restiction be removed, as a means of future proofing as I imagine simular issues will occur if any new classes are added.

Possitives:

* Passport
    - I have noticed there is an increased speed when signing into the character I loged in though here
    - I also like that both arc and passport have the same connection to the launcher so there was no need to install the game on both platforms, which acturaly was a concern of mine.

Negatives:

* Delta Culti [100]
    The 100 culti for delta has been removed from within delta to 2 differnt areas on the map aka Burning Heart (by Immlation Camp) and near Tai Chi Shore. While it is anoying they are so far apart, the true kicker is that the last 2 bosses in the chain have to be solo killed, with heals/buffs only. This is troubling, as an example I just helped a lvl 101 cleric do it with base 5k hp (7k buffed) it was hitting him 6k and was constantly dieing even with heals. Most players want to do this BEFORE they rb so they will be in considerably weaker gear when encounting this boss. Can you change this so that it's no longer solo or go bk to the orignal delta version?

Side Notes:
    Codex is stupid, won't accept a lot of things, like old pets and mounts from freebies.

What would be worse would be if the pet bag itself had been scrapped to be replaced by the codex, so at least you can use the anni mounts and stuff. The codex rewards people based on the inputing of "specific" items, so sealed fly will not work, nor will timed items. I have acturaly managed to add "freebies" to it such as the cowboy fash you get from doing purple quests

^^ anyways hope this helps
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    post typed got deleted :(, ty for readding it ^^
    Post edited by werewolves#6809 on
  • brigantiaa
    brigantiaa Posts: 2 Arc User
    I cant go în West Archo.. All the time, when i try to go there, game will close.. And most important npcs are there 😪😪😪
    Why game îs closing soo fast??? Îs soo hard to take out my char from that area
  • meow101
    meow101 Posts: 60 Arc User
    The female Dancing Gown and the Fairy Dress lost their animations.

Also, fashion sets seems to have been removed from the event gold boutique. There were far more in there last time I checked.
  • obielle
    wishes08 wrote: »
    post typed got deleted :(

Looks like the spam filter tried to eat your post. I've retrieved it :)

• merkzz
    merkzz Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    So as stated in my comment above, the new NR quest chain, Glacier city, completely disappeared from my quest log and available quests. so i send a ticket and this is the reponse:

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have discussed the issue with the team, unfortunately, GMs cannot restart or modify your quest progress.

We suggest posting your concerns within the official PWI forum. Other players will be aware of these concerns, and they could provide additional feedback or assistance. We have several sections dedicated to Dungeons & Tactics, Class Discussion, Quality Corner for gameplay bugs, etc.

Please check out the link below:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have any other concerns.
    Regards,
    GM
    Game Master

so i guess im sht out of luck? makes no sense. who the **** fixes it then?
    Post edited by obielle on
  • obielle
    merkzz wrote: »
    So as stated in my comment above, the new NR quest chain, Glacier city, completely disappeared from my quest log and available quests. so i send a ticket and this is the reponse:

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have discussed the issue with the team, unfortunately, GMs cannot restart or modify your quest progress.

We suggest posting your concerns within the official PWI forum. Other players will be aware of these concerns, and they could provide additional feedback or assistance. We have several sections dedicated to Dungeons & Tactics, Class Discussion, Quality Corner for gameplay bugs, etc.

Please check out the link below:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Let us know if you have any other concerns.
    Regards,
    GM
    Game Master

so i guess im sht out of luck? makes no sense. who the **** fixes it then?

I had this exact response on a completely unrelated ticket so I have a feeling they're just giving default responses at the moment lol.

What was the last quest you remember doing? I haven't done much of the NR quest chain but I might be able to check into it.

• teitei#3165
    teitei#3165 Posts: 18 Arc User
    it's unfortunate that we can no longer share the fash/mount/pet/flyer of the codex on the characters of the same account, I understand that it is because of the titles but there should be at least one shared safe.
  • obielle
    Okay I finally edited the first post haha. The forum mods are going to be sending off the first batch of feedback fairly soon so if you guys have any feedback not mentioned here please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.