How do I log into the PWI forums on Arc?

widowdee
widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
I have somehow lost the ability to login the forums on Arc. I can login on the website but not on the Arc platform where I open my game. I went through several tickets and emails to finally get the answer to help me login on the website. But I was told that somehow I am not logged in on the Arc forums. I can't find anywhere to do this. I was told to log off Arc and log back on and it should fix the problem but that didn't work.

Answers

• oldphart55
    oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
    it has been messed up for sometime now wish they would fix it i usually go through arc to look at forum's
  • oldphart55
    oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
    guy's how about fixing access to forum's through arc is so annoying having to use browser & having to paste pin number all the time
  • kevabeach#6610
    kevabeach#6610 Posts: 1 New User
    same for me, I get error
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    same for me, I get error
    What error so you get? You posted here on the forum. lol.

edit: typo

Post edited by sjampie on
  • widowdee
    sjampie, there is not an error message. I just can't post to the forum from Arc. I have to log in through my browser. And most of the time, I can't even read forums. It will tell me there is nothing to see. I have submitted a ticket and was told that Arc doesn't recognize that I am logged in even though I have just opened it by logging in. So the only way I can post to or see all of the content in the forums is to go into Arc through my browser. This is very annoying since I used to be able to post to forums through Arc. And just for your SA information, this comment was posted through Arc on my browser, not from the Arc client, which is open and logged in but I still can't post from there.

So any fancy solutions to the issue since the GMs and Admins and Devs can't seem to get this fixed?
  • widowdee
    widowdee wrote: »
    sjampie, there is not an error message. I just can't post to the forum from Arc. I have to log in through my browser. And most of the time, I can't even read forums. It will tell me there is nothing to see. I have submitted a ticket and was told that Arc doesn't recognize that I am logged in even though I have just opened it by logging in. So the only way I can post to or see all of the content in the forums is to go into Arc through my browser. This is very annoying since I used to be able to post to forums through Arc. And just for your SA information, this comment was posted through Arc on my browser, not from the Arc client, which is open and logged in but I still can't post from there.

So any fancy solutions to the issue since the GMs and Admins and Devs can't seem to get this fixed?

Oh, I forgot to mention that this browser page still says Sign In or Register at the top of the page, so evidently I am not logged in on the browser version of Arc. Is this just a joke to everyone else?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    It's true. We cannot use Arc to use this forum. I think it's all about the copy/past sources while not really have the knowledge of programming software. Also the reason with the voice-chat. It never worked lol. Well, it happens a lot in software lately. Script kiddies taking over the world.

Arc is only used to start the game(s) but there is no reason to let any Arc files stay active on our computer(s). Closing it via Task Manager if you started the 32bit version of PWI or just via Arc if you use the 64 bit version of PWI's elementclient.exe and only keep a normal internet browser active is a solution to keep using this forum while playing PWI. That's unless you are in a helpful/active faction and can ask things just in-game.

The other issue you mentioned, about the sign-in text, is due the fact Arc 'forgets' we're logged in. This text will also be shown if we use a normal Internet browser so it seems more like a cookie issue. A solution for this is just to wait, wait until Arc will be replaced by Passport or whatever it will be called in the future. For now refreshing the forum or sign in again is the only thing we 'normal players' can do. With Passport there is a small chance this issue will be solved.

Lets hope for the best....
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    Ill raise this issue again, I do agree with the above post tho that this may not be fixed with Arc.

As usual Ill feedback what I can.

Thanks.​​