[Q&A] Player Questions and Answers November 2020.

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited April 2021 in Official Announcements
Listed below are responses to Player Questions for Nov 2020.

Due to current world events and Holidays the next player questions will be Feb 2021 next year.

XTW map has still not been reset and their still has been no announcement on TW and XTW season Rewards.
We'll be looking to have the XTW map to be reset in the near future. Unfortunately there are no specific rewards to go with XTW, but we'll be checking on updates for the TW rewards since none were posted yet from the previous season.

How is the condition of headquarters? we got less and less information news in website. There are long pauses between updates and news posts. Sometimes this can go a month without any updates.

The status of the developers is about the same since the lockdowns. However, game updates are still in the works. We should have some upcoming news posts ready before the end of the year.

Does the team plan to merge the servers ?
There are no current plans to have the servers merged. Server merges are a large technical undertaking. There would have to be some big changes to the game status for merges to be considered in the future.

Is it possible to modify the schedules of the arenas ? So that Dawnglory doesn't wait until midnight.
We would like to make arena schedules start at the optimal time for all users, but it should be synced up. As a result it may be more difficult for users outside the common timezones. Many of our users are around the US West & East timezones which would still hold the scheduling priorities.

Is it planned to modify the xnw ? Our old gm was trying to modify it to make it more interesting (because it was always the same ones who won), is it possible to spread out the players so that we can play with other servers ? TW with TI etc (As in mix different server into different nations rather than have 1 nation per server)
The XTW is still planned to remain the same. It would be good if all servers could be interconnected. Suggestions were brought up in the past if this is technically possible, but no changes are available at this time.

I would like to ask why have we been left aside, i mean the anniversary this year was horrible tbh we just had the littlefoot event and even that got interrupted for a few days, and now we got to Halloween and not event a spend/charge rewards?
I feel like the game is letting us down a bit.

The game is still being tended to and promotions will still be around. With the upcoming holiday season, we do plan to have further spend and charge promotions coming up. Those promotions will be included in news posts when its active.

Is there any chance we can get some events over the Holiday period this year like Kill the GM / some sort of design the Mob / boss etc / Kill so many IBU bosses for a code / Collect so many DQ points etc.
For holiday events, any that become active would be handled through the game directly. We hope to have a mix of promotions, game generated events, and reward codes over the holidays.

September 2020 Player Questions.

Thanks.​​
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• malak#6062
    malak#6062 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have not played since right around launch so am guessing so much has changed lol, I remember some pretty decent Holiday events back then even holiday mounts, I lost all my info from all those years ago but I remember something to do about hunting snowmen and some other mobs and you had to take the items to a giant christmas tree At least I think that was one of them and after turning in said items you got a couple gifts that were random and i managed to get an awesome Rudolph looking mount back then.
    After all these years I come back have to start all over which is not a big deal however it seems so much has changed since then but i do remember at launch and for a while after there were some pretty kick **** Christmas events and places that didn't have snow had snow and decorations throughout the towns was pretty awesome.
    Hopefully something like that happens.
    Been gone so long that would be pretty sweet to come back to some kick **** events like pwi had at launch and a little while after that.
  • myopveno#2335
    myopveno#2335 Posts: 2 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

Does the team plan to merge the servers ?
    There are no current plans to have the servers merged. Server merges are a large technical undertaking. There would have to be some big changes to the game status for merges to be considered in the future.

The Tideswell server activity should be alarming for PWI. It's becoming increasingly difficult to do AoS and any other instance outside of 5 squads worth of people. I don't know about the other servers, but activity massively dropped over the last 2-3 months and it doesn't seem like there is anything that's being done for player retention.
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    "Does the team plan to merge the servers ?

Is it possible to modify the schedules of the arenas ? So that Dawnglory doesn't wait until midnight.
    We would like to make arena schedules start at the optimal time for all users, but it should be synced up. As a result it may be more difficult for users outside the common timezones. Many of our users are around the US West & East timezones which would still hold the scheduling priorities."

Yet they **** over their Harshlands USA East players by putting us in a European timezone with no option to move except for starting a new char and csing the same gear on another server. YES THEY CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THE PLAYER BASE LOL.

They will never merge servers because they are lazy **** who can't hire a technical person to get anything right it's not a massive undertaking, it's they're too stupid to get it done. If you want an example of their technical expertise look at NR, supposed to be cross server with all servers. It's only cross server per each server location and they will never know how to link them together to make it true cross server. They just say everything is working correctly even when Tuesday NR events don't open sometimes.

The status of this game is dead to them they will never invest the money to make it playable again just look at every server and their dwindling populations and activity and they think the changes aren't big enough to warrant a merge. I think the metric they look at is how much Cash Shopping each server does and if it stays at consistent levels they thing the player base is at a consistent level.
  • redrum1062
    redrum1062 Posts: 1 Arc User
    whatup
  • chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    redrum1062 wrote: »
    whatup

Question is a bit short but I believe it has anything to do with the current Winter Bonus Currency (see News). While PWE wants our money we see people spending less time on PWE. Server Merge didn't happen but NY servers seems to be relocated (just do a traceroute). Therefor more and more people write something like
    The status of this game is dead to them they will never invest the money to make it playable again...
    while others need to spend money to get that rich feeling. So... that's the whatup.
  • newalt#2325
    newalt#2325 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Does anyone know where can you get the Ebony Grace and Serpent Celestial fashions?
  • age03
    age03 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I haven't played in atleast 10 years or so.What changes have happened since then?I see it is on mobile and and the server merge .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • nochances#7099
    nochances#7099 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Dear administration , I have a question, are there any plans to introduce new codes with experience pills into the game or not?

I have not played for 2 years, I lost my old account, now I want to start everything from scratch, and I am overwhelmed by the question whether there will be more of these pills ?
  • gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    New codes? We just had one, 5x redeemable per account. Didn't see anything about it in de News but it was written by someone via worldchat. For people who didn't noticed it yet, here the code:

eon1voai
  • chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    New codes? We just had one, 5x redeemable per account. Didn't see anything about it in de News but it was written by someone via worldchat. For people who didn't noticed it yet, here the code:

eon1voai

Thanks but it's in the news since March 26th. Better late than never.