No freeze client

Options
Hi, does anyone know how to make my pwi window work in background without freezing? I know there was a way via console before arc but I can't find a way to open console right now when you have to log in with arc. Any ideas on how to do it?

Comments

• chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Options
    seems that H changed my message again so deleted it.

Post edited by chipsr01#2846 on
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    From what I know the console got disabled around the time Arc was mandatory to log into the game. I don't think there was really any way to cheat via the console because I think things like spawning items/coins/etc was locked behind GM permissions, but I do recall some staff not being too pleased about players using the console.

It would be pretty handy if we could change the settings without going into a console.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah there is a windows management software to keep all windows "unfrosted" There was a free trial for it but the software itself cost money. Sorry i don't have the name of the software for you. I'm sure there is other ways to do it too.
    m5arXCN.png
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Options
    The debug console was not removed from game, over the years the ways to access it normally had changed. Unfreezing the window is a common in-game command via the console that can address the issue you exactly need @tankasasz

1. while in-game type the following in common chat window:
    • ##debug
    • Pressing enter will give access to enable debug console and will not print the command you entered to the game chat.

2. The common key combination to show the console when activated is to press Shift + ~ together at the same time.
    • This will open a shaded console bar at the top of your client in-game screen
    • If you are on a laptop or a non-standard keyboard it will be SHIFT + "find the 2nd button"

3. To enable unfreeze (Defrost) of client enter the command:
    • d_rendernofocus and press enter to enable
    • If you wish to disable the unfreeze, you can enter the command a second time to disable or alternatively restart the client
    • If entry is correct console will give no message, if incorrect console will complain "Unknown command"

Hope this helps! Happy multiclienting and multitasking monkey-35.gifmonkey-1.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chipsr01#2846
    chipsr01#2846 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Wondering how long it takes to change the comment above since I wasn't allowed to write it earlier :smile: At the time of (my) writing it's akready 4 hours online ;)
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Options
    Wondering how long it takes to change the comment above since I wasn't allowed to write it earlier :smile: At the time of (my) writing it's akready 4 hours online ;)

I'm sorry such a mistake was made if indeed you wrote the exact same thing, but the usage of the debug console is free, open, and a legal usage of PWI. There are several dozen posts here on the forums with the exact usage just like I illustrated above, they are just hard to find as the search system with these forums aren't the best. monkey-43.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tankasasz
    tankasasz Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks alot!