Invisible Character (mine)

hannnnnnnna
hannnnnnnna Posts: 2 Arc User
Is this some kind of bug?I tried verifying but the dam thing is stuck and does not continue after 1 hour of waiting.
Body fashions of characters missing at log-in/character selection screen.And when i log in to game I am unable to see my own toon and some of other people toons but catshops I can see them well.Any ideas or if anyone has suffered the same?

Comments

• tensix
    tensix Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sounds like your settings are turned all the way down. Make sure you select HD, allow character customizations and allow character faces. Also turn up distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Is this some kind of bug?I tried verifying but the dam thing is stuck and does not continue after 1 hour of waiting.
    Body fashions of characters missing at log-in/character selection screen.And when i log in to game I am unable to see my own toon and some of other people toons but catshops I can see them well.Any ideas or if anyone has suffered the same?

Body fashions not showing (or not always showing) correctly if "HD Mode" in system settings is turned on and if the Instant Optimization Settings are set to "use simple faces", "Only show important players" or "Only display your own model". Just check if you turned off "Best performance" (Ctrl + F9) so you can use your own settings. If it's turned on the client itself will choose the best performance. But best isn't always something we want.
    Then there is a difference between the 32bit and 64bit client if you want to make a character. If you edit a male but choose a female she will be almost "naked" during the editing. Same goes for a female and you want to edit a male. This "bug" will be fixed later... in about 10 years I think.
    Also: Verify can be slow however it doesn't help if you have "best performance" turned on
  • hannnnnnnna
    hannnnnnnna Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you all for the replies.At some point while playing the game the files got corrupt.Indeed, verifying the files takes sometimes not 30 minutes but a lot of hours it's probably depends on how much the damage mine was a lot.This was a first and I searched here for answer but I have not found anything from previous topics and issues so I had no idea what to do but wait for the verification to complete as the bar wasn't moving at all after 2 hours of waiting, I was also wondering will it work or not so I let it set there and no idea either how much time it took as I was out for 12 long hours, my last resort if it didn't work is to reinstall the game.Can close topic.