New/Returning player

Options
Hello! Just wanted to ask a few questions. I remember playing back in 2011/2012 when the need to spend real money was quite high, but with enough patience and effort almost anything could be farmed. What's the deal now, in 2020? Is the game still populated? Ive read somewhere you can't farm gold anymore and the only way to get gold is through charging. How would I eventually be supposed to farm?
Thanks and sorry if there's a guide....I haven't found any! Im not really sure how to play this game anymore.

Comments

• otakupizza#3443
    otakupizza#3443 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    hi same here i played back in 2005 to 2009 i am returning after a very long time i would also like to know is there a guide for new players to the game so we dont waste resources and time on silly things .
    Also can anyone recommend a helpfull server ? i like to play with friends wich hopefully il make as soon as im done downloading the game and log in
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Wondering why no one wrote an answer so writing my comment and maybe others will follow (or start trolling).
    What's the deal now, in 2020? Is the game still populated?
    Yes, it's still populated but since it's "international" most people play on different times and some people started to multi-client (more than 2 accounts online) so you will find people just standing still or use the in-game bot script to kill mobs.
    Ive read somewhere you can't farm gold anymore and the only way to get gold is through charging.
    You can only farm silver. Silver can be used at any npc. Gold can be bought using real money or from other players using their homestead. You can also get gold by selling stuff like the items you can get by doing a homestead quest.
    i would also like to know is there a guide for new players to the game so we don't waste resources and time on silly things
    The only guide you really need is the information given by the NPC from which you can take quests. If you're in F2P (Free to Play)that is.
    Also can anyone recommend a helpful server ?
    All servers have people who are willing to help but don't waste your time in a faction if they won't help or has members who won't spend time on PWI (a.k.a. offline). Also don't spend too many teleacoustics if you ask for help in World Chat but try to find people using Normal Chat.