About NR.........

Options
i just came back to play after 4months. it amaze me about the new content and so whatever. meanwhile there is a new map calls Northern Realms and u need to do the quest bla bla bla etc.

the problem is......

i cant join on my faction allegiance. why? it has 500 limit of people to join one side.
i cant join to other side bcuz my faction is already on the full side allegiance.

Friend A: have all 16toons. yes 16!!! on the same allegiance (5main active and 11alts for the future main)
i ask him a very nice way if he can take out 1 of his alt, so i could enter. guess what? he said no.
(ok rip. no more friendship)

sure i can leave my old faction just to get to the new map and thats the real problem and ridiculous.
no one wants to join the other side bcuz of the OP faction is on the otherside. so even the noob alt that doesnt help to do the weekly event is there.

Friend B: we didnt finish and killed the Boss in NR today bcuz of full of afk alts doing nothing. after they get
the x10 stack(which is i dnt knw what hes talking about) to get the rewards, they automatically afk and wait for OP people to work it for them. so the 2nd problem is: the OP faction gets tired too and they choose not to finish the event. which is lot of people get pissed for those who put an no gear alt and do nothing. bcuz if they want to do something they die really really fast cuz no gear + weak toon + fulltime afk = useless space for Allegiance.

my question is: are y'all ok and happy with this?

Comments

• ifortunefun
    ifortunefun Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I mean if i was to look at it from a game senior perspective. You're choosing not to join the map because the other teams are overpowered.You still have the choice to join the other side of the faction allegiance but you don't want to?

i cant join/enter the map bcuz my faction is already on the side where already full.
    sure i can join the empty one but it needs to leave faction.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Options
    Northern Realm is supposed to be a PK zone where players fight over resources and area's on the map. But as expected, this doesn't work on a server where you have mainly pvE players.

IF the biggest faction (the one with the most OP players) would move to another side, then you'd have another problem :
    - some players of the less powerful factions would stay away because they don't want to pk
    - some of the less powerful factions would move over as well

Fact is, the problem would remain. The only solution would either be to increase the number of allowed ppl in an allegiance or to have faction leaders kick alts (which won't happen).

Introducing a PK-enabled zone like this on a pve server is a really, really bad idea. Things will always get messed up. How many times haven't you seen ppl entering BoS just to leave it as soon as it starts (with their alts in there as well) ? Face it, if ppl do'nt want to pk, they simply wont and just do the minimum to get whatever they need. And how many alts are in nw/xnw's just hitting the npc's ?....same thing.
  • heathabutt
    heathabutt Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I made a post about this the other week and no one seemed to grasp the part about I CAN'T JOIN THE OTHER SIDE BECAUSE MY FACTION CHOSE THE ONE SIDE. I love my faction and don't want to leave my friends! In case you still don't get it your faction chooses a side and all members must go to that side and it costs 160 Gold for a faction to switch sides.​​
  • guidoaquilino#7798
    guidoaquilino#7798 Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Not happy with how this was handled.