NEW UPDATE HYPE

13»

Comments

• datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    What on earth requires BB(I assume thats what is meant with clerics bubble)? For squads with subpar gear, sure. For ppl with endgame(Which seems like the norm)? JDH doesnt require it, DUP is just complete spark kill and heals dont matter. IBU you dont need BB and in fact other options are better. In AoS mystics with ress buff are imo stronger than clerics but healing isnt really relevant there either. The only thing, which might potentially "require" BB is TTR2 as I havent done that one. Anything prior to those instances doesnt even matter in terms of any sort of difficulty.

The biggest perk cleric has over mystic is the buffs - This is more of a PvP perk but its also relevant in PvE. The less dmg you take, the less you need to heal. Mystics biggest downside is lack of combat squad buffs. I wish they had chosen old ff14 approach to buffs on healers least. Each healer had access to protect(?), pretty sure that buff is completely gone nowdays as it was uninteresting mechanic. But point is, you didnt have to roll X healer for certain buff you cast every 30mins/when somebody dies. It wouldnt work for other roles I think due how many buffs there are in PWI but for healers it would of been prolly better design.
  • nwdst
    nwdst Posts: 32 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    What on earth requires BB(I assume thats what is meant with clerics bubble)? For squads with subpar gear, sure...

I did not use the term BB but it means Blue Bubble or ofc bubble. A few years ago when FSP first came out, it was nearly impossible to keep my sqd alive as as sage mystic. Keep in mind that sage mystic is supposed to be the support route instead of DD. I would lay down every defensive skill I had plus buffs and half of the time the pets would glitch or the healing would be bypassed by said bosses basic dmg. It got a lot worse with a sqd of alts.

The only sqd buff mystics had was invigorate, but it was wonky and always seem to turn off entering certain instances even though cleric buffs would stay. I could not resurrect people that died after a boss cutoff their resbuff and I was under cooldown. I would have to manually apply buffs one at a time. WTF was the thought about that.

I bet a lot of this has changed. But it still shows you the gamemakers attitude towards class balance. Nothing will ever change this so I quit. I started playing a cleric when they got DD skills and even would log it first to buff sqd then relog with mystic to play as main. Overall it was very annoying as I would like to just transfer all my effort to cleric instead of playing a forgotten expansion class that was truely meant to be something else then mutated into a goofy DD.

• zoey4u12
    zoey4u12 Posts: 23 Arc User
    nwdst wrote: »
    The only sqd buff mystics had was invigorate, but it was wonky and always seem to turn off entering certain instances even though cleric buffs would stay. I could not resurrect people that died after a boss cutoff their resbuff and I was under cooldown. I would have to manually apply buffs one at a time.

invigorate just leave if u switch the scene, sadly. If iam right its been written also on the describtion. but yea pwi had many times to made a better modification of mystic class. its kinda no fun anymore. for fun any other dumb class is more usefull than this stuff. and like other active or inactive mystic players ive done years with this class. like i said make a delate. thats more senseful. my opinion.

• nwdst
    nwdst Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    zoey4u12 wrote: »
    invigorate just leave if u switch the scene...like i said make a debate[sic]. thats more sensible[sic]. my opinion.

No need to debate it. Everything is over for the foreseeable future. I do agree with you 100% on the rest.

This thread was about the new update and my general feeling is that they improved pets in general that should make venos happy which venos are actually wanted in sqds and have been properly designed and kept at least functional.

Let's hope their are some changes for the better in the future. I'll be watching from the sidelines ofc.

Post edited by nwdst on