[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 06/09/20 EXPANSION! (COMPLETE)

13»

Comments

• sangkap
    sangkap Posts: 2 Arc User
    Got the same problem i cant update my client. I hope it will get fixed soon as possible! Alot of my friends can update without problems idk whats wrong
  • hmmmmedic
    hmmmmedic Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'm having trouble too.
  • hmmmmedic
    Can you guys drop the patch so we can manually update please??? This is stupid all day trying to update!!
  • jessywolf100
    jessywolf100 Posts: 27 Arc User
    hmmmmedic wrote: »
    Can you guys drop the patch so we can manually update please??? This is stupid all day trying to update!!

I redownload the whole thing again from scratch and now I'm leaving it updating again and I pray it works and my hours and hours of downloading and installing won't have been in vain :( please fix it soon
  • hmmmmedic
    Damn last time we had an update it took me 3 days!! Please drop the manual patch!!!!!
  • hmmmmedic
    obielle wrote: »
    The update issue tends to occur with these expansions and content updates due to the heavier server load. There's not much that can be done about it other than to swap patch servers. As the day goes on it should get easier to get the update.

You know these issues often occur so why are you NOT giving us the manual patch????
  • osstidus
    osstidus Posts: 6 Arc User
    love the loop patch 1 or 2, ripping all out and re-dlin none works here be 15hrs later. a manual patch would be nice!!!
  • hmmmmedic
    Yeah they want our money but never give good customer service.
  • hambali#0886
    hambali#0886 Posts: 1 New User
    manual Patch please.....
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Note guys that I am just a community moderator (AKA forum moderator) which is a volunteer role - I do not work for PWE. My role as PWpedia admin is also a volunteer role. I'm a player just like everyone else.

Unfortunately PWE has decided years ago to stop manual patches and I cannot do anything to bring that back. I believe we have brought up this issue to the staff before but they have told us they won't start up manual patches again.

---

Also to add onto this, the devs are supposedly aware of the patcher issue and are looking into it but that's all we know for the moment.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • loei#9697
    loei#9697 Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @leh0808 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > seems like the patch is in a error loop.......

exact same problem here
  • kakadiyas
    kakadiyas Posts: 17 Arc User
    One irritating thing with the patcher for me is , No matter how fast my network connection is , The patcher updates at its own pace . Can prolly download and install the game from scratch in that time .

Also what is the size of the patch roughly ?????
  • jessywolf100
    jessywolf100 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Redownloading and reinstalling the whole thing fixed my issue. At least all my waiting was not in vain. It updated without issues afterwards
  • snickerdoodle#7241
    snickerdoodle#7241 Posts: 1 New User
    Still not able to update. Says version unknown and stuck in verifying. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Is there any fix to this? Bartsgirl
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    the new Tresure quest in Western map , the code is writen in chinese , cant complete it , can it be fixed ??
  • ghostryder77#0585
    ghostryder77#0585 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    fededomino wrote: »
    the new Tresure quest in Western map , the code is writen in chinese , cant complete it , can it be fixed ??

Thats probably on purpose....like the g a y fashion they have for guys in game.
  • enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    I had same issue. I just clicked on "Patch" in upper right corner... Manually Select Patch... and swapped between patch 1 and patch 2 whenever I got retry or cancel pop up. Beyond that, I X'ed out this big arc platform window, which just puts it in the desktop tray "hidden icons" window to click on to reopen when you want. Not sure if that partially helped, but I'm already around 80% done. o:)
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Change between patch 1 and patch 2 until it updates it’ll get easier as more days pass as there’s less server strain from people trying to update

@fededomino
    Check the post by me the screenshots of codes for each one are compiled and uploaded to 1 picture
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1210654/northern-realms-updates-fixes-changes
  • osstidus
    osstidus Posts: 6 Arc User
    been doin that... lost track of for how long... verify files fails... uninstalling everything arc related did nothin... pop up of file download appear error every 5 seconds ridiculous..

• longstrider
    longstrider Posts: 10 Arc User
    ay two and its still stuck about 2/3 the way through..keeps giving error etc changing servers dod=esnt work just keeps giving error and can't down load ...I uninstalled everything and re downloaded ..back to the same thing..PWI will not finish downloading