[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 06/09/20 EXPANSION! (COMPLETE)

Comments

• tanker3000
    tanker3000 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have same issue. Patcher gets stuck and refuses to download any further.
  • lhf85
    lhf85 Posts: 7 Arc User
    tanker3000 wrote: »
    I have same issue. Patcher gets stuck and refuses to download any further.

same here. has anyone figured out a solution?
  • crystinachan
    crystinachan Posts: 3 Arc User
    (Ah finally one of my accounts is allowed to post... geez)

can confirm - the update IS busted, tried to update for like 2 hours now.
    First time I got the "error updating. retry?" at half-ish, after hitting retry it was at around 25%-ish again. After that I didn't get over 25%...
    Tried changing the settings in the update window, restarted my pc twice now, check'd if my BitDefender settings keep blocking it, did hit the "verify" botton to test that as a last resort - to no avail, it gets interupted with the same error message after around 25%.

Only good thing is, I don't even play active anymore and just wanted to take a look at the update xD
  • thehiddenplanet#7737
    thehiddenplanet#7737 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Hope there'll be a fix soon for those that can't update.
  • leh0808
    leh0808 Posts: 22 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    leh0808 wrote: »
    has anyone successfully updated the game and are in right now?

all i can suggest is to check some of your patch settings. In the past some have caused issues and others work but we have found its different for different people for some reason.

Also try restarting your computer first to see if that helps.

let us know if you find a solution that works for you as im sure others will have the same problem.

Thanks.​​

good news everyone, i uninstalled everything including arc and now it seems to be working now.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    The update issue tends to occur with these expansions and content updates due to the heavier server load. There's not much that can be done about it other than to swap patch servers. As the day goes on it should get easier to get the update.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • cswhy
    cswhy Posts: 22 Arc User
    please did they also reset the TW map with an update like this then? Da TW map is fully owned by 1 guild.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    cswhy wrote: »
    please did they also reset the TW map with an update like this then? Da TW map is fully owned by 1 guild.

Map has not been reset.
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User
    cswhy wrote: »

i cant update the game so far for the last 2 hours ... but normally from what i have seen in the past the did a new post in news page before the reset the map
  • muh14
    muh14 Posts: 12 Arc User
    re-installed arc and the game,still same issues..updating files stuck around 25% and "file download appear error" showing up..over again
  • crystinachan
    crystinachan Posts: 3 Arc User
    muh14 wrote: »
    re-installed arc and the game,still same issues..updating files stuck around 25% and "file download appear error" showing up..over again

tried the same, did uninstall pwi - then arc - clean harddisk of remaining files of the installation - restart pc - reinstall arc - reinstall pwi - update

all fine, till the moment PWI tries to update *shrugs*
  • musiclover#7955

tried the same, did uninstall pwi - then arc - clean harddisk of remaining files of the installation - restart pc - reinstall arc - reinstall pwi - update

all fine, till the moment PWI tries to update *shrugs*

lamo all that work for nothing xD

beside a funny part for me is when i change to update server 2 it tells me cant connect to the Server on Update server 1 i am in the loop of death again ^^
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    I got the error like 20 times for downloading. While downloading from Arc, there's an update tab in the upper right corner. I switched that to patch 1 from patch 2 and seems to be downloading now.
  • strii
    strii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Does anyone know if the Nebula Dust Orbs in that new star chart treasure box infuse Astral Energy?
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Ok it stalled again and had to swap back to patch 2.....so i think you have to keep switching when it stalls.
  • aurum444
    aurum444 Posts: 1 Arc User
    file download appear error..over and over again..
    cant finish the update
  • smrad#5522
    smrad#5522 Posts: 4 Arc User
    yall got lucky... my CPU was fried while updating and i needed to replace it with a new one i had at home -_-
  • longstrider
    longstrider Posts: 10 Arc User
    leh0808 wrote: »
    anyone else is having issues downloading the patch?
    Same here, keeps restarting patch over and over no matter which i use

• longstrider
    longstrider Posts: 10 Arc User
    Cannot download ..it's stuck, keeps saying file download appear error..over and over again..and ive tried restarting, using both patchers
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    For those having problems with update here's what I did and it seems to help.

Every time it fails on a file and pops up the dialog that says it fails I clicked "Stop Update"
    Then I click Play which brings up the update dialog,
    Then in the update dialog I turn off the P2SP checkbox and switched servers from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1.
    Then I clicked continue update.

I've had to do this a few times but am at 60% now. Was stuck at 20% for hours.
    ​​
  • powerwizard
    powerwizard Posts: 1 Arc User
    file r error appear-retry download? over and over again
  • mtw#7144
    mtw#7144 Posts: 4 Arc User
    seriously pwi? xD why there is no manuel patch? it could be much more easier and faster
  • calisthenics#5358
    calisthenics#5358 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    asterelle wrote: »

Every time it fails on a file and pops up the dialog that says it fails I clicked "Stop Update"
    Then in the update dialog I turn off the P2SP checkbox and switched servers from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1.

​​

Will try this!

Edit: This method worked for me.

Retired, Mixed Martial Artist, Lone wolf, Calisthenics junkie
  • jessywolf100
    jessywolf100 Posts: 27 Arc User
    It was working just fine yesterday and today I open it and find this new update, so I update the client and then this error shows up about quarter into the download process "file download appear error" retry or cancel. So I retry like 10 times and the same thing happens. It used to update just fine without any issues since I downloaded it which has been years I don't understand what happened now. I tried the ifix file no luck, verify button no luck, manual button no luck, update button and no luck there ether. I even tried restarting my lap top and even that didn't help ether. Nor restart update nor resume update. I don't know what to do more besides uninstalling the whole thing and downloading it from scratch and I would rather not because it will take forever. I hope someone can help me out with this. Any other methods I could try ? Appreciate any help :'(
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    It was working just fine yesterday and today I open it and find this new update, so I update the client and then this error shows up about quarter into the download process "file download appear error" retry or cancel. So I retry like 10 times and the same thing happens. It used to update just fine without any issues since I downloaded it which has been years I don't understand what happened now. I tried the ifix file no luck, verify button no luck, manual button no luck, update button and no luck there ether. I even tried restarting my lap top and even that didn't help ether. Nor restart update nor resume update. I don't know what to do more besides uninstalling the whole thing and downloading it from scratch and I would rather not because it will take forever. I hope someone can help me out with this. Any other methods I could try ? Appreciate any help :'(

​​

Literally in the last 5 posts in this thread.
  • jessywolf100
    datsang wrote: »

​​

Literally in the last 5 posts in this thread.

This method didn't work for me so I'm asking if anyone else has a different solution, I posted all details to clarify all
    I tried in the hope that someone can help
  • gluteus
    gluteus Posts: 32 Arc User
    I have read through all comments and suggestions and tried them all. Nothing is working and I have a new computer. Anyone else still ready to throw their computer at a wall over this? lol, ok so I am not really laughing. More like cursing.... HELPPPPPPPPP
  • jessywolf100
    I have another issue now, I saw no other way except uninstalling and redownloading everything again from scratch ..... I'm downloading PWI through arc now and it's stuck at 81% and no progress anymore at all. Anyone know what I can do about that ? If I restart arc will the progress reset and start over or resume ? :(
  • bbcn
    bbcn Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here i did everything even reinstalling the game and the FAST verify still update error hahaha

Good thing i'm not alone...they have to fix it now LOL
  • musiclover#7955
    well for me the update or what ever started at around 9:00 pm eu time and is still running hope to be done before 01:00 am ^^

but over all i have time so at least is running now after 8+hours of waiting lamo