Looking for old Sanctuary players

Options
Hey folks! Hope you're all doing well, even though the world is in chaos right now. I know that a lot of older players from Sanctuary have left game, but I know some are still floating around as well. There was a lot that went down in the years before the merge, and today I got to wondering if anyone had ever written out some of the history of our old server. The closest thing I could think of was an old post on the Nefarious forums, but I think that's long gone now. So, if possible, I'd like to make a project of it. I'm sure I'm not the only player that's got a ton of history with this game, and I know for certain others would have an even more interesting story to tell. If there are any players from Sanctuary that would be willing to speak to me on Discord about it, then please let me know! You can find me on Discord at Hijiinx#1337.

I'd include people from Lost City in this as well, but unfortunately I'm far less familiar with the history of your server. I have heard a lot of good stories however, so I think it'd be really cool if someone more equipped for the task could do the same for LC.

I know some people will probably think this is kind of silly, but I think it'd suck to lose the history behind this game to time, if something happens in the future.
Our survival requires bold, decisive, visionary leadership.

So basically, we're all screwed.

Comments

• bacalamana#9124
    bacalamana#9124 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    what a nice initiative, I was an archosaur, so much memories :(
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    Options
    RisenPhoenix (cleric) on Sanctuary with TheDan and the Renegade crew, what was it...2008?

left Sanctuary server to create Nahktuul on Archosaur server when it opened, and founded Narla (tw faction)

shoot me a message on Arc :smiley:

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • superman2003
    superman2003 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    i cant find my characters anymore, But i'm a oldie from Sanctuary i was Eliteknight (barb) Toonsurfer the psychic and DoggieStylz (sin) its been years since i even though about logging on until today. not sure what happened to thedan or temptatious or roidabuse its been ages. but I have several years of memories from that server. hopefully i can find what happened to my old characters.
  • kieli#1876
    kieli#1876 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Nanalie (archer) and Kieli (veno) here. Can't remember my other characters lol But I was one of the original players right after beta opened. I started off with The9Kings faction. It's nice to see people still remember the old server. I don't know why but I started looking at this game again. Maybe I'll try to play a little bit again.
  • hadranielvega#1851
    hadranielvega#1851 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Holy ****, I never got a notification that people replied! Sorry about the delay! I'll start getting back to some of you now!
  • crooksie0708#9727
    crooksie0708#9727 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    im laimc the venomancer from sanctuary back in November 08, since then ive moved on to Devils_Agent the assasson when they released, liamc the Archer and Devils_Fury the BM ismy main currently :)
  • jiinxii#2928
    jiinxii#2928 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    nakhtuul wrote: »
    RisenPhoenix (cleric) on Sanctuary with TheDan and the Renegade crew, what was it...2008?

left Sanctuary server to create Nahktuul on Archosaur server when it opened, and founded Narla (tw faction)

shoot me a message on Arc :smiley:

Sorry, been having a super hard time getting Arc to cooperate and let me make contact with you! But I guess it is Arc, so what else is new lol. If you're able, I'd still love to talk. This idea got shelved for a short while, but I'd love to still do it. If you aren't able anymore, but know someone who might be, I'd also greatly appreciate that!

• jiinxii#2928
    Options
    im laimc the venomancer from sanctuary back in November 08, since then ive moved on to Devils_Agent the assasson when they released, liamc the Archer and Devils_Fury the BM ismy main currently :)

Yeah, I'd love to hear from you, especially if you're from that far back. If possible, could we speak on Discord or Skype? Doesn't have to be a voice call, just text is fine. I'd just like to find somewhere to speak that's more reliable than Arc.

• jiinxii#2928
    Options
    I've put together a Discord server to help me try and organize this whole thing. If you're interested and would like a link, please let me know. Thanks!

• jiinxii#2928
    Options
    Bumping this thread to keep it active.

• monrose92
    monrose92 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    I could probably give you a few good stories from ancient Sanctuary times. I've forgotten a good deal of it, but sometimes it just pops up in my head at random.

This is AO, playing PWI since September, 2009.
  • jiinxii#2928
    Options
    monrose92 wrote: »
    I could probably give you a few good stories from ancient Sanctuary times. I've forgotten a good deal of it, but sometimes it just pops up in my head at random.

This is AO, playing PWI since September, 2009.

Yeah, I remember you AO! I'd love to talk about it at some point, when you've got the time!​​

• monrose92
    monrose92 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah, I remember you AO! I'd love to talk about it at some point, when you've got the time!​​

Sure, we can have a chat on PWI if we get the chance.
  • valiantsky37#9084
    valiantsky37#9084 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I was Silest there, a Veno, then I went Seeker, been a few names lol can't remember(The one in my sig is old). All I remember is the fall of Nefarious as the big thing that happened there, before that, they used to own the entire map. The other big PVP guild was Legendary.
    Post edited by valiantsky37#9084 on
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
    Hanging on to the past, makes it hard to accept the present, and impossible to move into the future.
    Pelaan PWI Suomessa.
  • blue20
    blue20 Posts: 46 Arc User
    Options
    I feel saddend you only think of legendary, before the fall of nefariouse there was 3 guilds on sanctuary dominating and you left our Regicide. I never played compedativly on sanc server was in small guilds like Tantarus/GamerArmy
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 65 Arc User
    Options
    I remember that too. But I took no part in any of that guilds. My toon "Nehilenia" used to be first in Contagion, the guild that failed to take Land from Mobs in TW, don't remember which Land it was. But our highest around that time was something about 70 i think. After that I went to Lacrymosa the guild of a friend, which I knew before I played perfect world and then later during 2010 winter events, I went to Breezers and after I left them, I created a little guild for myself "Tsukuyomi". After that I had a break from 2012 to 2015. And after that break, it felt inapporpriate to go play on an NA server, when there is an existing European one. Also none of my friends was playing anymore, so getting back there, would have proven a bit complicated as a shy person. I am not the type of person who announces on worldchat that i am back or ask for a guild or pm someone recruiting. Just not my style.

But yes, I remember it all. How was it again? Nefarious, Legendary, Outlaw, NWO. Oldies was also there and later came Regicide.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    I used to be in the faction Dissident there.. That was shortly before April 2010.
  • vitocorleone
    vitocorleone Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    I used to play on Sanctuary as well. We started when the server opened. I was Lefty(BM) from Legendary and my wife was Valentessa(Cleric)
    I was a marshal in Legendary then.
    There was also another faction that used to control portion of the bottom part of the map~ Shockwave (color green)

Moved to Dreaweaver - Tideswell.
    Playing a barb this time named BigCojones.
  • valiantsky37#9084
    valiantsky37#9084 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    blue20 wrote: »
    I feel saddend you only think of legendary, before the fall of nefariouse there was 3 guilds on sanctuary dominating and you left our Regicide. I never played compedativly on sanc server was in small guilds like Tantarus/GamerArmy

I didn't do it intentionally.
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
    Hanging on to the past, makes it hard to accept the present, and impossible to move into the future.
    Pelaan PWI Suomessa.