Twilight Temple/Etherblade Server Error (Online - Resolved)

jiinxii#2928
jiinxii#2928 Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
@heero200 Just a heads-up, since you'll probably hear about it. Servers just had a mass DC, and now people aren't able to access their characters at all. Can log in just fine, but then the game kicks you and says it's unable to retrieve. Sounds like a database issue. Gonna try to keep track of updates from other players/servers.

-Mass DC/Unable to retrieve toons started at approx 2:35am US Eastern Time
-Verified this is also happening on Etherblade server; likely game-wide​​
Our survival requires bold, decisive, visionary leadership.

So basically, we're all screwed.
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• mpfi
    mpfi Posts: 8 Arc User
    Its my fault for completing an FCC and getting a serenity chest.

sorry >.<
  • xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    Anyone else having this issue, i dc like 20mins before reset and now cannot logg back in keeps saying

https://ibb.co/tKXGvbk
    K1WlJi2.png
  • sobat
    sobat Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yup the same issue
  • jiinxii#2928
    Yeah, I think all servers are experiencing this issue right now. I've been trying about every five or ten minutes to log back into a toon, and I can't lol.​​

• xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yuh same, it's so weird :s
    K1WlJi2.png
  • sagacaerlea#3982
    sagacaerlea#3982 Posts: 18 Arc User
    It's good that it happened finally to teach you all to slow down on your logins and world chat spam with improper language. though I believe you won't even learn to slow down on the server since it's too much lag and packed with nasty minds because of all those vendor shops lagging it at West District of Archosaur, needless clash and all those alternative characters that stand in random places for long hours without even moving them. I am speaking on behalf of Twilight Temple US Server. Wish that they fix the problem soon and if not at all then it is all good though I have spent a lot of cash.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    It's good that it happened finally to teach you all to slow down on your logins and world chat spam with improper language. though I believe you won't even learn to slow down on the server since it's too much lag and packed with nasty minds because of all those vendor shops lagging it at West District of Archosaur, needless clash and all those alternative characters that stand in random places for long hours without even moving them. I am speaking on behalf of Twilight Temple US Server. Wish that they fix the problem soon and if not at all then it is all good though I have spent a lot of cash.
    I second that.

• jiinxii#2928
    edited May 2020
    Why on earth would you view this as another opportunity to soapbox, Saga? This has nothing to do with whether or not people are spamming world chat or standing around on alt toons. This is a database issue on the server side, and is likely due to the fact that PWI has been unable to do genuine maintenance on the server in actual months now.

Edit: Lol, of course you show up together. I should have honestly expected that. Can't have one of you posting without your portable echo chamber walking in to back you up.​​

• diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    My logins are so fast, let me tell ya. Whew, fastest logins in the West Coast. Those World Chat spams, too, more frequent than your scripted copypasta recruitment messages that you flood Worldchat with like clockwork, almost like your'e botting. Would never accuse someone of that, though. You did spend a lot of money, maybe you have Cash Shopper Immunity. Don't know, really.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited May 2020
    Why on earth would you view this as another opportunity to soapbox, Saga? This has nothing to do with whether or not people are spamming world chat or standing around on alt toons. This is a database issue on the server side, and is likely due to the fact that PWI has been unable to do genuine maintenance on the server in actual months now.​​
    Love how much you assume about others when text is visible enough to you to enlighten that she doesn't mean so. It isn't database related since you re able to login and that means account table exist. It might have been one of server emulators or functionalities that went off during overload process in ram or internet or power failure. There nothing clear about the case so don't assume petty assumptions when nobody really know anything about it.
    diesfast wrote: »
    My logins are so fast, let me tell ya. Whew, fastest logins in the West Coast. Those World Chat spams, too, more frequent than your scripted copypasta recruitment messages that you flood Worldchat with like clockwork, almost like your'e botting. Would never accuse someone of that, though. You did spend a lot of money, maybe you have Cash Shopper Immunity. Don't know, really.

Simple answer: "Prove it"
    Post edited by lorddragonoid#1956 on
  • jiinxii#2928
    Why on earth would you view this as another opportunity to soapbox, Saga? This has nothing to do with whether or not people are spamming world chat or standing around on alt toons. This is a database issue on the server side, and is likely due to the fact that PWI has been unable to do genuine maintenance on the server in actual months now.
    Love how much you assume about others when text is visible enough to you to enlighten that she doesn't mean so.

No, that is exactly what the two of you mean. You both have some strange personal vendetta against the vast majority of players on this game, and nobody knows why or where it came from. You consistently blame others for the faults in this game and claim that you're doing so for honorable reasons, but in reality, you're only upset about perceived slights to yourselves.​​

• decko582
    decko582 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Love how much you assume about others when text is visible enough to you to enlighten that she doesn't mean so.

Ya'll are both literal on this game. WTB stupidity bans.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited May 2020
    No, that is exactly what the two of you mean. You both have some strange personal vendetta against the vast majority of players on this game, and nobody knows why or where it came from. You consistently blame others for the faults in this game and claim that you're doing so for honorable reasons, but in reality, you're only upset about perceived slights to yourselves.​​

Exactly I approve but we don't claim because we actually do. Good as well that you presumed you know nothing about our side line. I will also be honest on another point. We have personal vendetta to avoid and ward off your personal vendetta as well. That is why you find it so difficult to offend us and you sound more morale on this forum since you are under staff's watch but in-game you are complete different story. It is difficult to comprehend whether you are the one who is sane or not.
    Ya'll are both literal cancer on this game. WTB stupidity bans.​​
    Thanks for name calling. Shows about your origins.
  • decko582
    decko582 Posts: 3 Arc User

Exactly I approve but we don't claim because we actually do. Good as well that you presumed you know nothing about our side line.
    Ya'll are both literal cancer on this game. WTB stupidity bans.​​
    Thanks for name calling. Shows about your origins.

m'origins
  • jiinxii#2928
    Look dude, nobody is interested. If you're going to try calling people out for what you feel are wrong-doings, then at least have the etiquette/decency to keep it to a forum thread of your own. We're trying to get a feel for how many people are experiencing the same technical difficulties right now. You're not being helpful, or constructive.​​

• diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    Why on earth would you view this as another opportunity to soapbox, Saga? This has nothing to do with whether or not people are spamming world chat or standing around on alt toons. This is a database issue on the server side, and is likely due to the fact that PWI has been unable to do genuine maintenance on the server in actual months now.​​
    diesfast wrote: »

Simple answer: "Prove it"

Jesus knows what you did.
  • sagacaerlea#3982
    edited May 2020
    Look dude, nobody is interested. If you're going to try calling people out for what you feel are wrong-doings, then at least have the etiquette/decency to keep it to a forum thread of your own. We're trying to get a feel for how many people are experiencing the same technical difficulties right now. You're not being helpful, or constructive.​​
    Be helpful and constructive by going to support ticket and report the current issue on server because we have done that already unless you are representing otherwise.

• whispir#1570
    whispir#1570 Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm on TT server and having issues for about 45 minutes now. Noticed people dropping offline suddenly then I dc'd. Get the same notification on character screen of being kicked off the server and characters not being found to display (not exact wording).
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited May 2020
    I'm on TT server and having issues for about 45 minutes now. Noticed people dropping offline suddenly then I dc'd. Get the same notification on character screen of being kicked off the server and characters not being found to display (not exact wording).

Don't worry your characters won't be affected by that. It is visibility/display of characters related issue only. That means your properties including your characters will be fine. Staff will require time until they fix everything. The most important is to be patient and wait to see what happens next. "Cannot retrieve character list" can mean only that server is unable to read it and that due of having feature/simulator/emulator/machine down. Server will request re-launch at best in "my opinion". Last I saw during mass disconnections that ping went high and crazy even one of our members was suffering lag problem this morning around 2-3 hrs ago and after this mass disconnection flown all server.
  • sabinoalhandra
    sabinoalhandra Posts: 6 Arc User
    Let's just hope it's not a wipe! :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Morning all,

seeing issues on Tw and Et Servers are the other 2 ok?

Thanks.​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Morning. Im having issues as well (TT).
    Tideswell and Dawnglory can get to character selection just fine.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Morning. Im having issues as well (TT).
    Tideswell and Dawnglory can get to character selection just fine.

Thanks for this.

Ive logged a call, I will add I still dont have direct contacts so hopefully this is picked up on soon.

Thanks.​​
  • meleeexpress
    meleeexpress Posts: 9 Arc User
    From Etherblade.

Just bring back FC Hyper Usage and things should be long forgotten LOL..
    On another note the weekly Arigora Coin quest has disappeared for two weeks for those who deleted the quest. How can this be resolved?

(weren't Arigora Rings able to be sold before in shops?

No dragon orbs are really able to be traded that are earned in the game. So its gold only yada yadah.

Now were cannot teleport out of instances by any means. Some have tried re-logging attempts, and summons but its a no go. Just have to stand at instance exit portal.

How about some War avatar pack codes and maybe some other pack codes for the lost time we can't farm goodies!

• lorddragonoid#1956
    From Etherblade.

Just bring back FC Hyper Usage and things should be long forgotten LOL..
    On another note the weekly Arigora Coin quest has disappeared for two weeks for those who deleted the quest. How can this be resolved?

(weren't Arigora Rings able to be sold before in shops?

No dragon orbs are really able to be traded that are earned in the game. So its gold only yada yadah.

Now were cannot teleport out of instances by any means. Some have tried re-logging attempts, and summons but its a no go. Just have to stand at instance exit portal.

How about some War avatar pack codes and maybe some other pack codes for the lost time we can't farm goodies!

Agreed! Especially the frostcovered city part.
  • meleeexpress
    meleeexpress Posts: 9 Arc User
    update

Teleporting to Lothranis works if you have Storm or other teleport stone
  • jharde
    jharde Posts: 18 Arc User
    ^
    That worked for me but now I'm stuck in Lothranis and can only go between my HS and there only :(
  • pantoyzel
    pantoyzel Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wew I thought my account is screwed... Glad to hear i'm not the only one experiencing it. Hi lorddragonoid and sagacaerlea...Thanks for helping me always!
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    pantoyzel wrote: »
    Wew I thought my account is screwed... Glad to hear i'm not the only one experiencing it. Hi lorddragonoid and sagacaerlea...Thanks for helping me always!

We will always do even if it takes us to grow you from ground zero again. We are always glad to help. Let's wish for the best to happen.
  • sagacaerlea#3982
    pantoyzel wrote: »

Yes we are experiencing some kind of sudden bug caused by overload of the server so we need to be patient while waiting for it to be fixed. And you are very welcome! Good to see you here!