OK PWI ... I get it

Options
wtl
wtl Posts: 57 Arc User
Hadn't played PWI for quite a while and with the COVID lockdown I decided to maybe resurrect some of my old toons.

It seems now you can't make gold coins farming, only merchanting, but u do need silver coins for repairs and items from NPCs.

I still had event gold from when I played so I set up my cleric to farm using charms from event gold. With the autofarm function set to silver coins, he leaves maybe half the drops on the ground and wont pick them up unless u stop farming and manually pick them up.

Change over to my sin who still leaves coins on the ground (just not a many) so I decide to try her. She seemed to do fine until I went afk for a bit and found her just standing there. That is an old problem that evidently never got fixed sooooooooo.

I logged one of my barbs and let him farm. 8 hours later i go to repair him and after repairs he only made like 200k silver coins.

So evidently PWI doesn't want FTP players in the game.. I get it ... Logging out. Have fun any that are left.

Comments

• mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    Options
    it never seems to amaze me that
    "in game purchases"
    translates to...I CANT PLAY FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

here is a NEWS flash for ya.....
    Yes...
    even in fantasyland....
    ya need MONEY....:)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    You know you can now get 500k Silver coins from completing BH each Day Right?

Dont quote me on the lower Lvs of this but I know this is the case on Higher BHs and I dont just mean MBH.

Thanks.​​
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The real problem is the way someone is playing. Autoculti means you can get hit and take damage but if you actually take some time to play you make profit. Silver coins of course. But hey, no need for gold if you play. Then there are people who can help you while they don't know it: find someone who is stupid enough to do autoculti while not watching his/her character. Kill mobs for 50% and let the 'dude' do the actually killing. He/she get's the damage, you the coins. Sometimes its fun just to lure mini bosses and watch charm-r#pe happening
  • toml2
    toml2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    wtl I feel your pain. Been playing since 2009 and have seen how the game has evolved. I am also a FTP player and see how PWI has made it increasingly difficult to improve your characters.
    "in game purchases"

Yes...
    even in fantasyland....
    To mysticalconundrum ... This has always been a free to play game and also always a pay to win game, so it amazes me that you would even post what you did. It appears that wtl is trying to get the money needed to continue playing and for the life of me I can't see where you are trying to make a positive contribution to this thread. Instead, you are taking a cheap shot.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    Options
    toml2 wrote: »
    wtl I feel your pain. Been playing since 2009 and have seen how the game has evolved. I am also a FTP player and see how PWI has made it increasingly difficult to improve your characters.
    "in game purchases"

Yes...
    even in fantasyland....

To mysticalconundrum ... This has always been a free to play game and also always a pay to win game, so it amazes me that you would even post what you did. It appears that wtl is trying to get the money needed to continue playing and for the life of me I can't see where you are trying to make a positive contribution to this thread. Instead, you are taking a cheap shot.

and where is it stated this is a ftp game....????
    It has always been an "in game purchase"

I am NOT here to "make a positive contribution" to people who come here
    and WHINE they have to spend money after reading...... "in game purchase"

If ya dont like it here
    go to the Google store and pick a REAL FREE game

wtl is "autofarm-ing" ????
    is that like using a "bot to farm..????
    or how does one farm the reg way and leave half the coins on the ground..????
    didnt think "bots could be used here anymore..????

and what is it that "you win" in "play to win"....a car.....house....money..??????

the only "cheap shot"
    is wtl's whining about how he might have to
    spend a WHOLE DOLLAR on a video game.........that has "in game purchases"

IF wtl is "just trying to get the money he needed"
    then why not ask
    HOW to make some coin in the game..????
    how to get by without spending money.....???

but instead....
    its another whiner complaining about having to spend a DOLLAR...
    and how its not ftp....

• enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    Technically, it is both Free to Play and Pay to Win.

If you are just beginning a character, just follow quests which will get you powercreeped level 70 gears at least. From there, you are looking to get the level 85 powercreeped set using pieces dropped in whatever dungeon at that point has em and Quicksand Maze (QSM). From there, you make your way to 100-101. The 101 Morai and upgraded versions of those gears will take plenty of playing the game but they are doable. They are as close to rank 9 gears as you will get meant for PvE, and certainly not for PvP.

At any point you can get into Nation Wars for 2 hours a pop, 3 times a week... The supply tokens are the best way to farm your silver coins into gold coins that are tradeable... YOU WILL DIE A LOT! Keep your eyes on the prize though [Supply Token]s.

If you want to get serious about PvP however... You WILL PAY for any amount of OP-ness. In that case, the game becomes very Pay to Win.

And as far as what "Pay to Win" means for those that do not know, it means "PAID ADVANTAGE." Period. It really is a simple concept to comprehend if you look at it from a subscription game basis. Subscription-Only = everyone on equal footing. Skilled (Intellectual/Creative) Players can accomplish through skill. Players that have lots of spare time can "no-life" it to amass great amounts of wealth toward accomplishments. In Free to Play games, Pay to Win is just another "from outside the game advantage," which happens to be their wallet. #StopTheIgnorance. ;)
  • toml2
    toml2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    toml2 wrote: »
    "in game purchases"

Yes...
    even in fantasyland....

and where is it stated this is a ftp game....????
    It has always been an "in game purchase"

Search Results
    Web results

PWI | Arc Gameswww.arcgames.com › games › pwi
    Perfect World International, the visually stunning free-to-play online game with unparalleled character ...
    Jul 2, 2018 - Uploaded by PWIGame

I am NOT here to "make a positive contribution" to people who come here
    and WHINE they have to spend money after reading...... "in game purchase"

If you're not here to help then you are part of the problem

If ya dont like it here
    go to the Google store and pick a REAL FREE game

wtl is "autofarm-ing" ????
    is that like using a "bot to farm..????
    or how does one farm the reg way and leave half the coins on the ground..????
    didnt think "bots could be used here anymore..????

on your screen, hit the icon next to the sign off icon bottom right of the screen (Functions) then hit the knife icon reflection systems and you will find the auto farming or "bot" function of the game. This is a PWI function and part of the game.

and what is it that "you win" in "play to win"....a car.....house....money..??????

the only "cheap shot"
    is wtl's whining about how he might have to
    spend a WHOLE DOLLAR on a video game.........that has "in game purchases"

IF wtl is "just trying to get the money he needed"
    then why not ask
    HOW to make some coin in the game..????
    how to get by without spending money.....???

but instead....
    its another whiner complaining about having to spend a DOLLAR...
    and how its not ftp....

• gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Whiner or Winner?

I also am F2P and can still get Gold-coins. Have nice armor and even got a character who wears good armor. I also noticed that the so called PK people - who do spend real money - are in sz most of the time but that's maybe because they need to be online to stay in their current faction. I also have in-game friends who spend a lot of money. They are sometimes bored enough to do my quests lol. In short: I can spend money on this F2P game to make it easier to play (whiner) or keep my money and still have fun (winner).

The only thing I don't know yet is why the psy's in Wellspring sell low-level mats and run to npc's without actually buying/selling stuff. Maybe someone discovered a way to make money without playing and/or selling stuff that is really needed in this game.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    Options
    And people wonder WHY the forums aren't used.....
    better off to just google the question
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Whiner or Winner?

I also am F2P and can still get Gold-coins. Have nice armor and even got a character who wears good armor. I also noticed that the so called PK people - who do spend real money - are in sz most of the time but that's maybe because they need to be online to stay in their current faction. I also have in-game friends who spend a lot of money. They are sometimes bored enough to do my quests lol. In short: I can spend money on this F2P game to make it easier to play (whiner) or keep my money and still have fun (winner).

The only thing I don't know yet is why the psy's in Wellspring sell low-level mats and run to npc's without actually buying/selling stuff. Maybe someone discovered a way to make money without playing and/or selling stuff that is really needed in this game.

So you got me curious about the psys in Wellspring. I went there on my sin and used shadow sight to take a peak at their inventories. They're full of low lvl mats and low lvl weapons they are producing with the mats then decomping into Yiyuan stones. 10k silver coins per stack of 1k yiyuan stones.

Then I went down to city of raging tides cause I figured I would find bots down there and I did. There are bots running a loop around city of raging tides collecting all the low lvl mats, then they fly to Wellspring and dump the mats on the bots making weapons and decomping, that's why the psys set up shop buying mats for 1 coin each when they are out of mats. It was fun playing detective and figuring that one out. Not a viable way to make money though unless you are running a bot farm.

Also this is going on in at least two servers I was able to check, Dawnglory and Etherblade.
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Whiner or Winner?

So I guess i'll post this again since someone deleted it. I went down to wellspring on my sin and used shadow sight to see in their inventories, they are making low level weapons and decomping them into yiyuan stones. When they run out of mats they set up a shop buying and then farming bots come by and refill them periodically. If you wait long enough you'll see the farming bots come by and refill the weapon making bots shops.

Quite a bot operation.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    Options
    Its not about PvE, Pve is pretty easy. However its the players who are 10 times stronger than you, and can one shot you in any pvp related event in the game (in which most of the end game events are pvp) If you're free to play and play every waking moment of your life, you won't be able to compare, especially with the ever advancing Pay to win gear curve.

If you put your time into merchanting, your not even really playing pwi, your basically a glorified accountant secretary and you're managing your clients and items, not playing a game. Which if that is what you like then God bless.