Client Update Fail

orchidea#3911
orchidea#3911 Posts: 2 Arc User
I'm on a windows 10 pc, everything's up to date, my internet is stable. I haven't played PW for maybe a week or two, and previously it was fine. Today when I attempted to launch the game, the client appears, and gives me the option to Start, but if I try it will not let me connect to any servers. I realized after closing the client and restarting it, PWI Client has the message "Update server connection fails. Please try other update server." So, I switched to the other patch server. Nothing happens.

I tried to run a Verification, but after only seconds it returns to the "Update server connection fails." Changing graphics doesn't fix anything, unchecking the 64bit client version does nothing, I can't figure out why the client will not update. I looked in the forums before posting this, so I apologize if this has been asked before. None of my pc's specs have changed.

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • orchidea#3911
    orchidea#3911 Posts: 2 Arc User
    sjampie wrote: »
    Since you haven't change anything and no one replied on this post I think you managed to get online again. If the problem still exists you could check your firewall since this isn't really a problem of elementclient.exe.

Thank you for replying! Not sure what changed, but trying again right now, and the patcher is working this time. I guess the issue resolved itself. :)
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on