need help with game graphics screen size settings on 4k

ramjot
ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
I am having problems with the in game screen settings on my 4k screen.
The best I have is full screen at 2048x1280 but as its a full screen I cannot do the web site whilst playing.
On my previous system I was able to find a Windowed setting that I was able to read the UI parts of the game.
On my 4k I cannot seem to find a setting that gives me the readability of the full screen setting I have.
Full looks like this.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_yiGNWibGxdjyDaqhbcDsC4MFjTTPnGt
Windowed 3840x2160 like this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vv83zMTsDZc_sJkMhRVQcPmZIF-sfsU0
Anyone help?

Comments

• furryballz
    furryballz Posts: 124 Arc User
    So you have a 4k screen but playing at medium settings?
  • ramjot
    2048x1280 full seems to be the only way to get the UI to display so I can read them.
    Setting that to Windowed shrinks the screen and the UI.
    Stretching to User makes the windowed screen bigger but the UI seems to stay the same small unreadable size.
    I was hoping someone else has a solution where I can set the graphics to windowed and get the UI readable.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I've never had a 4k monitor, but I had a similar issue with my old monitors where the resolutions made PWI's UI hard to read. The only thing I could really find was going into the computer's display settings and changing the "Scale and layout" settings. This does change the size for everything on your computer though, and unfortunately it made PWI kinda blurry which wasn't a good solution for me. I'm not sure if there's a way to just scale certain programs like PWI and make them not blurry.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • ramjot
    I believe there is a display setting for allowing windows to manage blur.
    I have that set already and do use the scale and layout options for my desktop and apps.
    Unfortunately PWI engine does not respond to any of those options. It does have its own screen sizing but I have not found a setting that is any better than I have.
    I wish I could get the same UI sizing in a windowed screen.
    I will continue my experiments of using User resolution to try to get the best but it takes time I would rather use playing the game.
  • pecinta811
    pecinta811 Posts: 1 New User
    i have problem, when i tried to log in there is a information tha the graphic is out of range and need to be changed to 1366x 768. I changed it but nothing change
  • kakadiyas
    kakadiyas Posts: 17 Arc User
    Try manually setting your resolution if it helps .
    GO to your PWI install directory > element > userdata > systemsettings
    Find rendwidth , set the value same as your screen width . And rendheight , set value 30ish less than your screen height , If not using small taskbar then reduce a few points more .