[Random Questions] | PvE-Related

Options
Greetings PWI Community!

I recently took a year worth of break from the game and just came back few days ago. I decided to make a fresh start and salvage everything on my old accounts to transfer it to my new main which is an assassin. I've been talking to my old friends to catch up to stuff that I had missed over the year that I was gone and some questions popped up in my mind when I was talking to them.

Here are some questions I would like to ask you guys:
  1. Does aps still works when killing mobs quests fast specifically neverfall mobs as well as primal mobs? The aps build I have in mind is this. For people who are about to suggest to use the upgraded version of aps build which is the r8r, I am both not financially able to afford that yet as well as not familiar with it atm.
  2. I know that I won't be able to afford nuema set cards so I would like to know other card sets that I can achieve. I heard that there are the Morai and Warsong set but there are also other S cards that you can mix and match. What is the best set of cards for an assassin? I know that some people will tell me to check them out myself so please refrain from doing so
  3. At what point it is much cheaper to just buy +10 orbs than buying a specific orb for refining? Would it be +6, +7, +8?
  4. Speaking of refining, for refine masters out there, when do you usually use tienkang and tisha for refining armors, accessories, and weapon? I heard that some people use just mirages from +1 to +3, tiankang from +4 to +5, and then tisha from +6 maybe even +7 if they are lucky. There might be other technique better than what I just said.

Thanks!

Comments

• enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    1. Not sure, but I heard that new bosses and even updated bosses have buffs or skills against sins soloing "easily" at least. That may also affect whether or not to go all out on aps vs other options. In pvp (despite you did say pve) though, as a psychic, aps is a great way to kill yourself on buffs like soul of vengeance without us psys needing to do anything. Otherwise, I do think there are still farmables in the game where aps would be handy and-or time saving.
    • IF you do go the route of rank 8... rank 8 upgrade to r8r, use fortifications seals at spirit forge in east arch near elder to get at least 2 pieces 3 of 3 stats you want and 2 of 3 stats on the other 2 pieces... THEN upgrade to r8rr. After that you use dustfall: scupts at spirit forge outside quicksand maze to get the 4 stats per piece, also u need 6 dustfall, relic? i believe to get the r8rr helm at jaden collector npc in south arch.

2. Personally, I am lookin eventually to go with Inner Devil (4 card set) plus general summer & jane the harper S cards. If you inspect higher end peoples / tw faction peoples to view there cards... There are many that have 3 dual card sets... 2 in the first 2 slots, 2 in middle slots and 2 in last 2 slots. They would be considered op overall given they are all also S cards. Otherwise, yeah, morai and warsong are good to, but they are mostly A cards, with the incarcerate S card in one of those (warsong i believe).

3. To get +1, +2, +3 or even +4 (pending on luck that day), mirages.

To get +4, +5 & +6, Tienkeng (Greatly Increases), while also randomly swapping with Tisha (-1 if fail). Do realize refining this way is random, so randomizing what u use seems to help at least some days.

To get +7 & +8, Tisha (-1 if fails). You will have good and bad days and-or maybe your luck sucks or not.

To get +9 & +10, definitely +10 orbs.

To get +11, definitely +11 orb.

To get +12, definitely +12 orb.

Another lil trick or superstitious thing I do refining randomly, is I only refine in my own class's old starter town, and-or I only refine in out of the way places with low population when I hit the T button.

Whelp, hopefully that helps you and some others that might have he same questions.

Good Luck and Welcome Back, You and All Else! B)
  • nargrex#9452
    nargrex#9452 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    enbysra wrote: »
    1. Not sure, but I heard that new bosses and even updated bosses have buffs or skills against sins soloing "easily" at least. That may also affect whether or not to go all out on aps vs other options. In pvp (despite you did say pve) though, as a psychic, aps is a great way to kill yourself on buffs like soul of vengeance without us psys needing to do anything. Otherwise, I do think there are still farmables in the game where aps would be handy and-or time saving.
    • IF you do go the route of rank 8... rank 8 upgrade to r8r, use fortifications seals at spirit forge in east arch near elder to get at least 2 pieces 3 of 3 stats you want and 2 of 3 stats on the other 2 pieces... THEN upgrade to r8rr. After that you use dustfall: scupts at spirit forge outside quicksand maze to get the 4 stats per piece, also u need 6 dustfall, relic? i believe to get the r8rr helm at jaden collector npc in south arch.

2. Personally, I am lookin eventually to go with Inner Devil (4 card set) plus general summer & jane the harper S cards. If you inspect higher end peoples / tw faction peoples to view there cards... There are many that have 3 dual card sets... 2 in the first 2 slots, 2 in middle slots and 2 in last 2 slots. They would be considered op overall given they are all also S cards. Otherwise, yeah, morai and warsong are good to, but they are mostly A cards, with the incarcerate S card in one of those (warsong i believe).

3. To get +1, +2, +3 or even +4 (pending on luck that day), mirages.

To get +4, +5 & +6, Tienkeng (Greatly Increases), while also randomly swapping with Tisha (-1 if fail). Do realize refining this way is random, so randomizing what u use seems to help at least some days.

To get +7 & +8, Tisha (-1 if fails). You will have good and bad days and-or maybe your luck sucks or not.

To get +9 & +10, definitely +10 orbs.

To get +11, definitely +11 orb.

To get +12, definitely +12 orb.

Another lil trick or superstitious thing I do refining randomly, is I only refine in my own class's old starter town, and-or I only refine in out of the way places with low population when I hit the T button.

Whelp, hopefully that helps you and some others that might have he same questions.

Good Luck and Welcome Back, You and All Else! B)

Thank you so much for this detailed answer especially the rank 8 part. I now have a gist as to what to do in case I decided to improve my aps build. For the refine part, it's almost the same as other players told me on how they usually do their refine. However, my luck is the worst, so worst that I always stay away to any RNG-related part of any game.