Character Creation Beyond Broken

Options
macoska
macoska Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Support Desk
Hi, this is my first time posting so please excuse me. I wanted to create a Tideborn character, so I opened the character creation, as you would - and was met with this (screenshot included). Then, because it rubbed me wrong, I looked at all the other races, but essentially unless I'm creating a Technician, all of the characters look horribly alien, especially the female ones; the only option that looks relatively normal is the male Untamed one, and well, that is not what I wanted to play as. I used to play PWI in the past, so I know it did not use to be like this.

Any ideas? Should I reinstall the game? This can't be right.
Thanks.

NPGAFgZ.jpg

Comments

• engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    Tried to get the same but didn't had any problems.
    Do you have multiple tideborn-chars to choose from?
    (that's before editing the char)
    Reinstalling could be a good choice if there isn't any character.
  • macoska
    Options
    I tried all of the options, and that monstrosity up there is what I got without making any edits. The other races were the same, even humans. I am trying to reinstall the game now. Hopefully that fixes it. If not, then I don't know what to do.
  • macoska
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Update: I reinstalled the game, but the character creation is just as broken as before.

Is there somewhere else I could turn/report a bug or something? I don't really want to play with a character that looks like E.T.
    iYT5owS.jpg
    The males don't look any better, by the way. Also, when switching between genders, the armour disappears completely.
    ETKUWXo.jpg
  • macoska
    Options
    Alright, another update: I fiddled with all I could, and it turns out that if I hit random a couple of times, there is a chance I get a character with normal proportions. Can't change the body shape, though, because that resets everything back into E.T. Not sure why this is happening, but I think that is the way around it.
  • engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    Did some testing again. Took a female psychic and checked the 5 buttons. Females look a bit strange. In your screenshot I don't see customized data. There should be data like femalepsychic9, femalepsychic8, etc.

I clicked on femalepsychic6 (after clicking on all the customized data), changed the eyes, nose, mouth, body, hair and colors. Then I saved the character. When starting in Celestial Vale the character didn't change.
    So apart from the data you are missing in your screenshot I couldn't find anything odd.

The switching genders is true: When switching to a male the character is missing his armor/clothes. Same thing happens when male character is chosen and we want the character to become female. But once in the game the armor is back again.

But back to the issue you have (or had). Save your customized character after editing it. If it's still alien-like make another character but keep the one you created. Maybe this helps and if it does the first created character can be removed/deleted.
  • eelion
    eelion Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Verify your client 2-3 times. You can do that from the launcher. The game is known for downloading customization data incorrectly and it's usually only fixed by verifying the files (not re-installing).