play pwi without redownload

i have back up my pwi files to local disk D

but when i click on arc it told me to reinstalling it all again.
i have already downloaded it is there a solutiion for this? i am now tech savy if anyone can help that is great

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    It is possible to get Arc to detect PWI again without redownloading it, and it's pretty easy to do as well. I think there is a slight chance of it not working for some though.

Navigate to your files where you've got PWI stored and go into the element folder. So for me it would look like this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\element

Next, find elementclient.exe in that file. Double-click that, and it should launch Arc and then the patcher. After this, Arc should be able to detect PWI and you can launch it normally through the Arc client. If it doesn't work, make sure you're logged out of Arc (or end the task in Task Manager) to be safe.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • luminousdecember#6511
    luminousdecember#6511 Posts: 9 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    It is possible to get Arc to detect PWI again without redownloading it, and it's pretty easy to do as well. I think there is a slight chance of it not working for some though.

Navigate to your files where you've got PWI stored and go into the element folder. So for me it would look like this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\element

Next, find elementclient.exe in that file. Double-click that, and it should launch Arc and then the patcher. After this, Arc should be able to detect PWI and you can launch it normally through the Arc client. If it doesn't work, make sure you're logged out of Arc (or end the task in Task Manager) to be safe.

ok i will try now