Unable to login

juancooooock
juancooooock Posts: 5 Arc User
So, I could login to arc just fine. Then, when I launch the game via arc, I could still selecting servers. But after server selection, suddenly an error appear saying "your username and password don't match". How is it even possible that either of these are wrong when clearly I launched the game from arc? Anybody has soluton for this problem? It has grown to be incredibly frustating...
Tagged:

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I tend to get that error if I spend too much time logging in. It can happen if you stay at the patcher for too long or at the server select screen for too long. Arc passes a login token to PWI when you launch it, but that token can expire after a bit of time.

If that's not what's happening, I'm not too sure...maybe check your firewall?
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • juancooooock
    obielle wrote: »
    I tend to get that error if I spend too much time logging in. It can happen if you stay at the patcher for too long or at the server select screen for too long. Arc passes a login token to PWI when you launch it, but that token can expire after a bit of time.

Well, if that's what you say, then it has something to do with my slow internet I guess. But then, this problem didn't exist few years ago, despite the fact that my internet was slower back then.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User

Well, if that's what you say, then it has something to do with my slow internet I guess. But then, this problem didn't exist few years ago, despite the fact that my internet was slower back then.
    A few years back we didn't need Arc to start PWI so yes, problem didn't exist.
  • juancooooock
    sjampie wrote: »

A few years back we didn't need Arc to start PWI so yes, problem didn't exist.

No, I was referring to few years back when arc already existed. Just that back then they didn't force us to log through arc like it is today.
  • karmica
    karmica Posts: 1 New User
    Could you fix the problem? I can't login either
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    karmica wrote: »
    Could you fix the problem? I can't login either

Sorry there are no reported issues with login at the moment.

Can you give any more info, errors or messages?

Thanks.
  • gimpeline
    gimpeline Posts: 22 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I log into Arc, start the game, select server and then it just say username and password
  • heerohex#3018
    gimpeline wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I log into Arc, start the game, select server and then it just say username and password

Try looking to see if you have any other Clients running. Sometimes if I crash it will minimize and you cant bring it back.

Try restarting your computer as well, But some good advise as above.

Thanks.​​
  • gimpeline
    gimpeline Posts: 22 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    gimpeline wrote: »

Try looking to see if you have any other Clients running. Sometimes if I crash it will minimize and you cant bring it back.

Try restarting your computer as well, But some good advise as above.

Thanks.​​

Yeah, the client was minimized. It works fine now.
  • ring#4266
    ring#4266 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi Officer,

I am new in this game, I just finished downloading & patching the game client.
    When I am inside the game, I tried to choose any one of the servers (Europe/US EAST/US WEST).
    After logging in for elapsed time about 15-20 seconds, it keep shows unable to connect to server.

Please provide solution on this matter as soon as possible...thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    Hi Officer,

I am new in this game, I just finished downloading & patching the game client.
    When I am inside the game, I tried to choose any one of the servers (Europe/US EAST/US WEST).
    After logging in for elapsed time about 15-20 seconds, it keep shows unable to connect to server.

Please provide solution on this matter as soon as possible...thanks.

Servers are down for maintenance at the moment.

For more info please check this thread.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1210518/maint-server-maintenance-03-24-20-out-standing

Thanks.
  • dejoker
    dejoker Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Logged in yesterday just fine no issues -- today I launch the game and it wanted me to create a new character tried to log in a couple of times same thing. Exit then put in my credentials and even Force Log and it just sits and spins and then fails no error messages. The servers seem to be viable. Not sure what the issue is.
  • dejoker
    dejoker Posts: 6 Arc User
    Still cannot seem to get into the game but log into Arc just fine -- and it appears support is not even monitoring this
  • heerohex#3018
    dejoker wrote: »
    Still cannot seem to get into the game but log into Arc just fine -- and it appears support is not even monitoring this

There are no reported issues. May be worth a look closer to home with this one.

Thanks.