Save the PWI Population/Future

Options
ethelwulf12#9707
ethelwulf12#9707 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Hey guys why don't you merge all the servers to make the problems of many go away huh? Cmon dev's use your brains. Think about all the geared players from each server just itching to PvP yet here we are completely split up waiting to fight once a week -_- that's no fun at all. Barely see any mass PvP like in the old days and the market at the moment is a complete mess and it only gets worse by the day. I believe if a merge happens it could be a game changer for PWI and may actually encourage old players to return! Think about this Developers. PWI needs a change.

Comments

• happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    Based on past history, I would have to say that:
    1) PWI doesn't care because there's no immediate $ attached to it despite the fact it would probably help generate money long term;
    2) PWI will make some pathetic excuse about coding or infrastructure;
    3) PWI will make some pathetic excuse about events or event times;
    4) People will cry about events or event times; or,
    5) No one in charge with the ability to actually make a decision and/or push this concept forward will ever read this.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    At some point we may see an open area where all servers can access.

From what ive seen on here recently is all been negative, Low Numbers cant do this cant do that ETC.
    I dont think and this is my opinion is really good for that point of view or new players

I will state a few things that would help, TW Maps Reset and Having an active CM to do events etc.

Im pushing to get the TW / XTW maps reset. Tho with the issues in the world at the moment is defo not no 1. cant really say much else except may be we need to look at some positives.

Thanks.​​
  • bacalamana#9124
    bacalamana#9124 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    This game seriously needs a community manager... I started playing a few days ago and I am very sorry to see how the game has become
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    Hey guys why don't you merge all the servers to make the problems of many go away huh? Cmon dev's use your brains. Think about all the geared players from each server just itching to PvP yet here we are completely split up waiting to fight once a week -_- that's no fun at all.
    Ulfgard is permanently opened.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    Hey guys why don't you merge all the servers to make the problems of many go away huh? Cmon dev's use your brains. Think about all the geared players from each server just itching to PvP yet here we are completely split up waiting to fight once a week -_- that's no fun at all.
    Ulfgard is permanently opened.

Sure but on TI it's only us in there since ours is broken. Not that I care anything about merging servers or pk in general, that's just how it is.

• lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    Options
    If they merge all the servers the game is heading towards the shutdown button. As soon as an all server merge happens PWE has shutdown the games within 1 year.

Jade Dynasty (Run by PWE) they said they would never merge all the servers, when pop started dying out on every single one they merged into one giant server. After 1 year the game was permanently closed. While we all want a server merge it would mean that the game is literally dead and will be closing soon.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    Options
    a server merge wouldnt help anything except the already said way into a shudown.
    look what happened last year: ulfgard opened and ET/TT got same area cause same time zone and they started PK stuff for how long? 1-2 months? and now its dead like any other pvp stuff, except some random sneaks for a bear crystal.
    merge servers would only help the big selfish players gather and enlarge the gap to the normal players. you wouldnt be able to get any gears done cause market would be ruined by them. this is how the shutdown would start.
  • inferuz#7764
    inferuz#7764 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    lax wrote: »
    If they merge all the servers the game is heading towards the shutdown button. As soon as an all server merge happens PWE has shutdown the games within 1 year.

Jade Dynasty (Run by PWE) they said they would never merge all the servers, when pop started dying out on every single one they merged into one giant server. After 1 year the game was permanently closed. While we all want a server merge it would mean that the game is literally dead and will be closing soon.

It might be better to let this game die rather than prolonging its lifespan. Think about it, PWE never cared about the PWI players and all we see in both arc and client starting screen is CHARGE.

Some players might disagree but if the server closes, the players who couldn't/wouldn't leave the game because they spent way too much money already or that they already formed a lot of friends will be forced to try out a much better game than this one.

If the game closes, another company might pick this up and make it way better than before. Sure, players will go back from the start but if this is done right and won't become heavily pay to win, it would attract a lot of players. I wouldn't mind if they even make this game buy to play, free to play games tends to go pay to win route to make up for costs that keeps the game running.

PWI might close or a company will pick it up, either way, it's a win win situation if you ask me.