Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

1262728293032»

Comments

• den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    den28nl wrote: »
    PWE still didn't fixed the multi client issue, but we all knew that.
    at least it thought me to never spend a single dollar on anything related to PWE again.

You can multi element client through launching PW from ARC client one time per account logged in.

i know that, but that is besides the point.
    PWE keeps on promising empty lies and every time they backtrack and take the players for fools.
    They did this countless times over the years, everything to **** players over and squeeze as much money from the playerbase as possible.
    PWE is a **** company along with EA, daybreak and bethesda. neither of those companies will get a single dollar from me because they are a bunch of ****.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    PWE still didn't fixed the multi client issue, but we all knew that.
    at least it thought me to never spend a single dollar on anything related to PWE again.

You can multi element client through launching PW from ARC client one time per account logged in.

i know that, but that is besides the point.
    PWE keeps on promising empty lies and every time they backtrack and take the players for fools.
    They did this countless times over the years, everything to **** players over and squeeze as much money from the playerbase as possible.
    PWE is a **** company along with EA, daybreak and bethesda. neither of those companies will get a single dollar from me because they are a bunch of ****.

First of all the rest of companies have to do nothing with how PW manages things so don't generalize your criticism. To be more effective and expressive in your complaint and dissatisfaction, you will have to contact them at support ticket. As for what you have mentioned regarding other industries EA is a nice company for their PC games you gonna admit that. About Daybreak never heard of it but I heard about how bethesda and their approach toward Fallout's glitch. The first A+ you will grant them is for the blessing codes to be returned. I also have a lot of troubles regarding Faction Icon that was delayed till 15th February. On the contrary PW doesn't suffer that many glitches but just bad management and wrong steps taken for 1 or 2 of in-games features. However, the game is still playable as it is unless you don't want to dwell more in it but let's not be negative and hope for the best to happen.
  • blxcxkbro#1860
    blxcxkbro#1860 Posts: 2 New User
    i dont understand why would anyone multiclient unless for some unfair advantage?
  • usagi#5688
    usagi#5688 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have a summon psy for assistance on another account. Also can be a shop if I wanted. Not really an "unfair" advantage.
  • vaudagusvladin
    vaudagusvladin Posts: 11 Arc User
    I play 3 toons and will continue to, until they do something about the people running shops every 10 feet, TI knows what I'm talking about, that's your unfair advantage. Also tired of people saying "nuke" runs and hoping they fill with enough dd to run them through fsj/up or whatever while 1/2 the squad is alts, and bringing alts to IU is just wrong.
  • gimpeline
    gimpeline Posts: 22 Arc User
    Are the Devs back from their vacation yet? It's only been 2 years
  • gimpeline
    gimpeline Posts: 22 Arc User
    I would love to work with a company that gives you 2 years vacation. They said the problem would be solved after the devs got home from the hollydays
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
    Just tried to do multi client after a break but running 64 bity on two accounts in windowed mode only the active window is actually active the other appears frozen and when I get back to it the player has halted, as in stopped following, so no use to me.
    It looks like I will have to continue with my original plan of using multiple VM's and console them to my laptop.
    Oh joy, PWI is soo enthralling now.
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
    I have now decide that I was wrong in that the multiClient is working as before where you have to kill the Arc to be able to login to another account and start a second client.
  • megan#3627
    megan#3627 Posts: 1 Arc User
    P.W.I has a lot of player base at the moment 4/12/2020 maybe because of the the world pandemic.
    But i only run 2 clients 1 cat shop and me that is it i don't have a problem making in game gold.
    If someone is running 10 cat shops i can see were that maybe a problem and needs to be fixed as so new factions upcoming will stand a chance to play the game.
    Factions or people that are abusing the server are the ones that will dominate the server with little competition to outsiders due to the abuse. i have seen this for years even in privet servers.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    Could Arc just get the CN client translated and out to west? It allows to my understanding linking several accounts together, which would be pointless w/o ability to multi client. I am pretty sure of what I say here but I only had 1 account for CN and thus I couldnt actually test the account linking thing.

Ps. More accounts online gives some advantage but ship on that has sailed loooooong ago.
  • kittythecat2013
    kittythecat2013 Posts: 55 Arc User
    The game has overgrown as it is.
    You have to "work" many hours a day on dailies and events just to get the basic stats and be able to give a try at 2nd tier pvp players once or twice a week.
    Or just stay pve.
    Its just a joyless addiction, habit.

But if you have 2 or 3 toons online you can save some of that time by dual clienting stuff and using the loot for a main character.
    You can often save time by squading yourself instead of waiting for squads on world chat.
    Things like Glyphs from DDH, coins from shared DUP runs, save time in many ways like self buffing for vitae mobs and opening PV to get level 105.
    You get extra bank space by organizing materials of the same kind in one toon instead of 3.
    You get to leave one as a catshop while doing stuff that require focus like TW.
    You can use their BH silver coin as fee to craft things. There is just so much fee for Warsoul weapons, mats, rerolls, etc.
    If you short on inventory you can use an alt to carry some mats in places with a large variety of mats like lunar.
    And ofc you can't have 2 main toons in the same acc without wasting a lot of time having to run things twice instead of the same time. So if you wanna have fun with your little alt, just to get a break from the hard work you main requires, you can do it.
    Run a FW protecting a pav with G16 alt, its so much more engaging than a repetitive SK run in JFSP.
    So yeah, multi-clienting is really helpful.

But the company does no move without profitability in mind.
    Even the things that seem nice are only done with cost/benefit well thought of.
    Since most of those things we benefit from multi clienting have an impact on their profit, they keep trying to lower our proficiency in gaming without going too far, and piece by piece, extending our time in game, maximizing the appearance of success by having people online, making us literally work years to have a toon near maxed even if you cash shop all you can.
    The harder it is, the more you think it has value, the more you think "I would never start over in another game and waste all I already built and spent here".

Then, unless you are not paying for your own bills, its cheaper to work flipping burgers for 12/hr (2400 a month) and then put $10-50 in game and have all the coins you need for repairs etc for a while, thus giving them money/profit than actually playing for 3~5 hrs a day + 8~12 hrs on weekends which would be 76~200 hrs a month working in game for what, less than a billion coin not counting market profits.
    Its like making $200 in game or $2400 in real and both are mostly work, but not only real work gives 12 times more for the same time but it also gives you many other things like experience, social skills, a network of contacts you can call to do all kinds of things etc.

So yeah, its no surprise most players get sick of it and quit, not even addiction can hold them indefinitely.
  • gaby#5991
    gaby#5991 Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2021
    Hello! I am gettin an error when logging into tge game.The update is complete but shortly after clicking play kicking me out and shows an error that many people have it.
  • bloodshell
    bloodshell Posts: 7 Arc User
    The game has overgrown as it is.
    You have to "work" many hours a day on dailies and events just to get the basic stats and be able to give a try at 2nd tier pvp players once or twice a week.
    Or just stay pve.
    Its just a joyless addiction, habit.

But if you have 2 or 3 toons online you can save some of that time by dual clienting stuff and using the loot for a main character.
    You can often save time by squading yourself instead of waiting for squads on world chat.
    Things like Glyphs from DDH, coins from shared DUP runs, save time in many ways like self buffing for vitae mobs and opening PV to get level 105.
    You get extra bank space by organizing materials of the same kind in one toon instead of 3.
    You get to leave one as a catshop while doing stuff that require focus like TW.
    You can use their BH silver coin as fee to craft things. There is just so much fee for Warsoul weapons, mats, rerolls, etc.
    If you short on inventory you can use an alt to carry some mats in places with a large variety of mats like lunar.
    And ofc you can't have 2 main toons in the same acc without wasting a lot of time having to run things twice instead of the same time. So if you wanna have fun with your little alt, just to get a break from the hard work you main requires, you can do it.
    Run a FW protecting a pav with G16 alt, its so much more engaging than a repetitive SK run in JFSP.
    So yeah, multi-clienting is really helpful.

But the company does no move without profitability in mind.
    Even the things that seem nice are only done with cost/benefit well thought of.
    Since most of those things we benefit from multi clienting have an impact on their profit, they keep trying to lower our proficiency in gaming without going too far, and piece by piece, extending our time in game, maximizing the appearance of success by having people online, making us literally work years to have a toon near maxed even if you cash shop all you can.
    The harder it is, the more you think it has value, the more you think "I would never start over in another game and waste all I already built and spent here".

Then, unless you are not paying for your own bills, its cheaper to work flipping burgers for 12/hr (2400 a month) and then put $10-50 in game and have all the coins you need for repairs etc for a while, thus giving them money/profit than actually playing for 3~5 hrs a day + 8~12 hrs on weekends which would be 76~200 hrs a month working in game for what, less than a billion coin not counting market profits.
    Its like making $200 in game or $2400 in real and both are mostly work, but not only real work gives 12 times more for the same time but it also gives you many other things like experience, social skills, a network of contacts you can call to do all kinds of things etc.

So yeah, its no surprise most players get sick of it and quit, not even addiction can hold them indefinitely.

totally agree and now we cant get in hahahaha.
  • athenian
    athenian Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm not playing anymore... The game is focused around afew whales that still spend good money.
    When I'm feeling nostalgia, I login a low lvl alt and fly to places on the map that I've spent hours after hours trying to level up, years ago, to listen the beloved music. My main alts last log in are in November 2018... 3 years ago... What a pity... And I'm sure if it was not for the nostalgia I'ld have already deleted everything about the game...
  • buurman#2138
    buurman#2138 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Well @athenian, there are enough people who play just for fun and enough people who play with 6+ alts at the same time. Even guilds that supposed to be active are full of alts now. I still try to log in every day and don't care about the many charge/spend rewards but unlike many I don't dual- or multiclient. Lately I even visit Archosaur because of our Ukranian ingame spammer. He's offline for days now. Only worse thing are the prices from the catshops.But hey, they spend money and we don't have to buy. Have fun!
  • hattielyn
    hattielyn Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello PWI players!

Due to the most recent update, the ability to multi-clienting will be impacted. While we work towards fixing this in the future, you may discuss this recent change here.

All forum rules still apply. Any duplicate threads about this issue will be merged into this one.

We thank you for your understanding while we work to get multi-clienting back.

Regards,

The PWI Crew

I used to click ctrl+alt and delete to open task manager to close arc and sign in another toon when doing so yesterday I crashed so I put the task manager icon on the desk top and open it that way and all is good
  • evarez#8371
    evarez#8371 Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @thewacko said:
    > and can anyone say another nail in the coffin...​​

great
  • froyo#4031
    froyo#4031 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sweetiebot please display server status
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    froyo#4031 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot please display server status

Sweetiebot no longer works.

At the moment we dont have a server status on the forums.

Thanks.